U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 03:33 PM

2,759 posts, read 3,310,826 times

Advertisements

What do you ladies "of a certain age" think of wearing false eyelashes - DAILY? I can hardly go without mine. If I do, at least I must wear makeup (including eyeshadow), jewelry, and cute hair daily to feel better about - well, EVERYTHING. Oh yeah, wearing clothes helps, too.

It's hard being middle-aged, but thank goodness for good health, wisdom, and a sense of humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 03:41 PM

28,760 posts, read 2,359,706 times
Do what feels good for you!

Old 07-03-2013, 06:06 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,205,914 times
Why not get the extensions,or do them yourself.

Are you using strip lashes?
The more I get individuals done,the more I dislike strips. They are so obvious,and I hate the glue.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:30 PM

1,387 posts, read 1,161,846 times
Occasionally I have the individual lashes applied and being 60 something am past middle age. Do what makes you feel good. I actually look best with little make up.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:44 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,728,779 times
I'm not quite middle aged (upper 30s), but time permitting, I wear some false lashes daily. Unfortunately, I usually don't have the time! I've had eyelash extensions before and I love them, but the upkeep gets pretty expensive.

In a pinch, I'm a huge fan of theTwo Faced 'Better than False Lashes' mascara. You can keep building extra coverage... add an extra coat or two for a more dramatic, evening/black tie look. But just one coat gives a more 'daytime false lash' look.

I have fairly sparse lashes, and this is with just one layer of this mascara system (mascara + nylon fibers, plus topcoat of mascara).

Old 07-04-2013, 12:15 AM

11,423 posts, read 19,433,663 times
Totally depends on the person. There's a lady doctor on the show The Doctors, and she wears such heavy lashes that her eyes look encapsulated and tiny. Almost looks as if she wear two full strips of lashes.

I no longer like volume on my lashes. So I like a lightly mascara'ed look -- so false lashes are out for me.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:18 AM

88 posts, read 111,900 times
Everyone love their own fashion style.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:51 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,421,193 times
I don't think women of any age should be wearing obvious false lashes. When I say obvious I mean the ones that look plastic-ish,too thick, misplaced or loose (falling off). I think they look really nice when done well; especially if the person is dealing with thinning lashes that are overly thin from health problems/age and mascara doesn't cut it anymore.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:45 PM

38,750 posts, read 37,911,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
What do you ladies "of a certain age" think of wearing false eyelashes - DAILY? I can hardly go without mine. If I do, at least I must wear makeup (including eyeshadow), jewelry, and cute hair daily to feel better about - well, EVERYTHING. Oh yeah, wearing clothes helps, too.

It's hard being middle-aged, but thank goodness for good health, wisdom, and a sense of humor.
Get on with your bad self.....

It ain't over til it's over.....

Old 07-05-2013, 03:29 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,265,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post

Over the years, I tried every which way to put those things on and failed, followed numerous fail safe instructional videos, till I decided, it wasn't meant to be in my case. I've thought about getting them done by a professional, but in the long run I end up forgetting about it, so figured it must not be that important to me. Maybe I'll get them done if I'm here to celebrate turning 60.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty