U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 11:34 PM

981 posts, read 2,210,871 times

Advertisements

I know there's no age limit on clothing brands but I do get borderline irritated when I see twenty somethings sporting Abercrombie and Hollister out in public. After age 20 (definitely 21) I think those brands should be retired and left to the teens/preteens. I'm almost 22 and never been into either brand because I like to standout from everyone else in my appearance/clothing. I like a more mature casual look such as Express, GAP, clothes from Macys and Dillards (when they have sells), and I love Burlington Coat Factory and TJ Maxx. I just don't want to wear anything that associates me with teenagers. I also kind of hate when I see grown men wearing Hurley, Osiris, Quiksilver, and those other skater brands especially when they're "kiddie" looking type shirts and doesn't exact look right on a grown man. But I don't know maybe I'm overreacting because after all it's just clothes not a big deal. What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 11:19 AM

1,867 posts, read 2,246,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBoyDJ View Post
But I don't know maybe I'm overreacting because after all it's just clothes not a big deal.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:21 PM

3,572 posts, read 6,195,578 times
Quote:
I know there's no age limit on clothing brands but I do get borderline irritated when I see twenty somethings sporting Abercrombie and Hollister out in public. After age 20 (definitely 21) I think those brands should be retired and left to the teens/preteens. I'm almost 22 and never been into either brand because I like to standout from everyone else in my appearance/clothing. I like a more mature casual look such as Express, GAP, clothes from Macys and Dillards (when they have sells), and I love Burlington Coat Factory and TJ Maxx. I just don't want to wear anything that associates me with teenagers. I also kind of hate when I see grown men wearing Hurley, Osiris, Quiksilver, and those other skater brands especially when they're "kiddie" looking type shirts and doesn't exact look right on a grown man. But I don't know maybe I'm overreacting because after all it's just clothes not a big deal. What do you guys think?
Why can't you dress how you like on your own without worrying about how others dress? Why does the way other people dress bother you?

Old 07-05-2013, 12:23 PM

20,426 posts, read 35,696,560 times
Yep... You are overreacting. It's just clothes. It's not a big deal.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:05 PM

1,955 posts, read 3,626,274 times
You are over-reacting.

GAP is almost the same as the other places you mentioned, so don't see what the big deal is for casual wear.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:23 PM

522 posts, read 537,245 times
the clothes don't make the man. when you have kids and can't afford the brands anymore

Old 07-05-2013, 07:09 PM

13,817 posts, read 12,600,955 times
Quote:
I know there's no age limit on clothing brands but I do get borderline irritated when I see twenty somethings sporting Abercrombie and Hollister out in public. After age 20 (definitely 21) I think those brands should be retired and left to the teens/preteens.

Well, if the twenty-something take good care of their health, have good skin, no wrinkles and stuff, they can sport mentioned above brands.

Twenties is new... err...preteens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty