U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 09:50 PM

5,057 posts, read 7,296,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
In the CAribbean, I never really had to wear lotion or face moisturizers because of the humidity. My skin just seemed to soak that up. But in the U.S it's a must!
Does anyone else have that problem?
I think it really depends where in the US one lives. My skin felt a lot drier & I used lotion all the time when I lived in the central San Joaquin Valley in California. My diet was a lot worse too. I now live in the northern end of the same valley, and have changed many of my old habits to healthier choices. I eat lots of healthy fats & more veggies. I also take Vitamin E. My skin rarely feels dry. I find it much more effective to nourish my skin via my diet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 06:49 AM

84 posts, read 86,694 times
Yeah, I too have sweat problem due to oily lotions. I avoid oily lotion. Reason of sweat is oily properties of lotion so you should not wear it on you face. You can apply Ponds or Olay like creams they are good for oily skin types.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:19 AM

5,467 posts, read 4,599,620 times
Anything containing sunblock seems to make my face perspire and feel like I'm wearing a mask. I can't wait to get it off my face and let my skin breathe again. It doesn't feel oily, just makes my face immediately start sweating.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:39 AM

321 posts, read 502,968 times
Nope... but some moisturisers make my skin feel greasy after a while. Ick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty