U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 11:44 AM

2,459 posts, read 4,676,050 times

Advertisements

Utterly ridiculous that she got kicked out. I've seen skimper. Sounds like someone just wanted to be a total prude. We still have too many up tight people in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 11:49 AM

10,589 posts, read 10,329,619 times
She looks like she had natural big boobs and was such a boob that she had implants stuck in their to make them look even bigger...They are much to round and firm to be real..She needs to wear a suit that fits...It's a kids park and a family outing...not a strip bar.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:54 AM

18,856 posts, read 30,486,089 times
Right, I can see the new pool Rule now... Only women size ten, and under age 40 are allowed to wear bikinis. All unsightly bulges, stretch marks must be covered up. If you are over age 40, and over 250 pounds, burkas are available. Thank you. Management.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:05 PM

4,878 posts, read 4,572,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It is the exact same thing, I think, but nobody would ask a man in a Speedo to leave the pool. A Speedo is a legitimate bathing suit. Are they unsightly? Usually. That is why they were wrong to eject the woman.
What if the guy in the Speedo was a muscular well build man with - how can I say this, very well-endowed?

Old 07-08-2013, 12:11 PM

26,879 posts, read 28,188,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
And the autocorrecting iDevice needs a wider vocabulary.

But as for whether they can "kick people out because you don't like their outfit"--would it be OK if a man wore a Speedo? Imagine if he were middle-aged and not particularly slim, and there were complaints from other customers. I can easily see him being invited to wear more clothing or leave the place.
It really depends on the policy. Now if they said no speedos....sure. But if there is no defined policy, you can't kick people out because you don't think their ourfits are appropriate. Did the rules say no string bikinis? No cleavage? X% of beast surface area should be covered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It is the exact same thing, I think, but nobody would ask a man in a Speedo to leave the pool. A Speedo is a legitimate bathing suit. Are they unsightly? Usually. That is why they were wrong to eject the woman.
Yup. Just because you don't like it, isn't means to kick people out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Right, I can see the new pool Rule now... Only women size ten, and under age 40 are allowed to wear bikinis. All unsightly bulges, stretch marks must be covered up. If you are over age 40, and over 250 pounds, burkas are available. Thank you. Management.
Yup! So silly. I don't like the idea that clothing should be limited by body type. It is way too subjective. Some people might say that only people with 20% body fat should wear bikinis. Or D cups. Or under size 4 or over 6 feet tall. Where exactly do you draw the line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
What if the guy in the Speedo was a muscular well build man with - how can I say this, very well-endowed?
So if you are "less-endowed" you can where a speedo, but "more endowed" get out your board shorts? It reeks of discrimination.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:18 PM

21,475 posts, read 22,735,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Yep, special swim burkhas will be issued to those who don't comply: Full Cover Swimwear

Old 07-08-2013, 12:21 PM

38,781 posts, read 37,969,142 times
I think that their was probably a few prunefaces as I like to call them that got bent about her bathing suit, which is really silly, she wasn't showing that much.

I think her top could have covered her 'bolt-ons' a little better, but other than that, it wasn't like she was wearing a g-string or just pasties on her nips.

I've heard that is the latest thing, women just wearing pasties and bikini bottoms, now that, is a bit much especially if kids are around.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:37 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,486,089 times
I am pretty sure thongs and pasties are fine for young women, who are the correct body size and shape, according to the swimsuit management committee, probably made up of males, age 20-25.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:44 PM

41,505 posts, read 49,595,785 times
she looks like what she is: a mature woman that has had children. She also looks pretty darn nice.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:48 PM

10,589 posts, read 10,329,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
she looks like what she is: a mature woman that has had children. She also looks pretty darn nice.
Yah - I gotta admit she looks like the mature luxury model who appears to be very comfortable...if you know what I mean... Like plush leather seating with very nice head rests...I would like to sit in her lap ...She is a beautiful woman...I am sure if she had a real ugly face no one would complain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty