U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 02:33 PM

16,724 posts, read 13,676,345 times

Advertisements

I'm a fat chick and I wouldn't have told on her. My husband would have kicked my arse. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 02:57 PM

11,790 posts, read 12,639,398 times
Well I shouldn't have said just the heavier women would complain, nor just the flatter chested women. Any woman with some class or decency would've or could've complained.

It's just that before I even clicked the story or looked at the video I was already thinking, "I betcha she has big boobs."

Old 07-10-2013, 07:10 PM

245 posts, read 256,981 times
Her bottom has more fabric than any that I own and I've never had an issue, including at Sesame Place with my 2 children.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:39 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Going to a water park is not a legal right. However, they have a right to set standards of dress.
Yup...but the problem seems to be that no standard was set, or at least, being enforced across the board. She got tossed for, it seems, wearing the same attire as countless other patrons.

They CAN do what they want, but arbitrary targeting is generally bad business practice.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:08 PM

364 posts, read 437,693 times
She looked fine for being in public. This country is so messed up, I'm surprised at nothing. I'm 24 and don't find her unattractive.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:26 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,112,218 times
The standard should be set by common sense. It's a family park with kids there. Including boys who are twelve and over.

It's pathetic that anyone had to throw her out.

If my wife and I go on a trip to Jamaica alone, for our 15th anniversary one type of bathing suit would be appropriate. At a pool party with kids, a different bathing suit would do well.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:28 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,112,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I thought it said she was in the pool.

When I'm at the water park I put on a rash guard and board shorts when I go on the rides..... ALL bathing suits head north on some of the rides.

That's common sense.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:45 PM

4,852 posts, read 8,323,197 times
Smile I agree - plus a story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Look, I already posted my opinion about this incident. However, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the "ick factor." It's hard to explain, but you know it when you see it. Think Joan Crawford in Berserk (although she was playing a character). Women with class seem to know when it's time to cover up a certain area. Even figure skaters in their thirties begin to wear longer, kerchief-hemmed, flowy, skirts when performing. That's because they have class. Unlike, for example, Madonna, who continues to strut across the stage with bitchy aplomb wearing virtually nothing (except bullet-proof fishnets) on the botton. Yuck.

Yep. The ick factor.
I was around this woman's age and went to visit my parents which I did often. I had on a pair of shorts, top, sneakers but looked fine or so I thought. My father asked me to sit down and mentioned to me in a very nice way that once a woman gets to a certain age, shorts (!!) might not be so appropriate. My father, who had never mentioned anything like this must have really felt I looked, well, not so good, in shorts.

BTW, I have very long legs and always complimented on them but that's the last time I wore shorts out "in public" after that conversation.

I will say that my parents promoted more of a classic dress - if you stay with the classic styles, people may want to see more of you; if you expose most of what you have, well, you get the idea.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:49 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
The standard should be set by common sense. It's a family park with kids there. Including boys who are twelve and over.

It's pathetic that anyone had to throw her out.
Unfortunately, dress codes are standardized so that everyone adheres to them, rather than them just being arbitrarily applied to certain people.

Quote:
If my wife and I go on a trip to Jamaica alone, for our 15th anniversary one type of bathing suit would be appropriate. At a pool party with kids, a different bathing suit would do well.
Thank God there are no boys twelve and over living in Jamaica.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:50 PM

26,877 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post

Thank God there are no boys twelve and over living in Jamaica.
LOL!

On an autocorrecting iDevice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty