U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 08:52 PM

5,853 posts, read 3,894,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
If the park threw out all of the large busted teens and 20 year old women wearing similar sized bikini tops then they were right to throw out the 42 year old woman.

However, do you think that they really did that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
What can be forgiven to a "large-busted teen," might not be forgiven to a 42 year old women. You kinda expect a better judgment from adults, no?
Or are you suggesting that a teen and an adult women is one and the same thing, as long as they have similar bodies?
What I am saying is, if a swimsuit top is too skimpy for a certain size bust, as determined by the water park, it doesn't matter what is the age of the woman wearing that swimsuit top.

Also, the park originally told the woman that she could stay if she put on shorts. The first employees that spoke to her didn't even mention her swimsuit top.

In fact, if you are going by age, I would much rather see an adult woman showing extensive cleavage than a "jail bait" age teenager who may not be able to handle the situation as maturely as the grownup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 08:52 PM

33,499 posts, read 19,378,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
But her body still looks matronly, no matter how many pounds she lost.
Could this be taken into consideration when looking for an approprate attire for water-park?
Exactly. She should have worn a one-piece, or something similar. She still hasn't lost enough weight and toned up enough to be able to wear a bikini.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:54 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,693,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
What do you think of this? Was she wearing appropriate attire?

Personally I wish more women her age would do the same thing.

Missouri Water Park Boots Bikini-Wearing Mom - ABC News
Was there a sign posted on what type of attire was appropriate or not? If anything, maybe she should have worn something a bit more conservative for a family water park. But not get kicked out over it.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:10 PM

2,738 posts, read 2,493,949 times
Tempest in a teapot. Some prude got his knickers in a twist and overreacted. But, it's par for the course. Ever since they let us wimminfolk out of the house and stopped nailin' our feet to the floor, there's been some busybody getting upset over women in swimsuits. Look at the fourth picture down on this review of swimsuits over the years.

I'm sure no children were harmed in the wearing of that bikini. (Except as one poster said, her teenage daughter, who was no doubt mortified. Then again, it's a parent's job to mortify their teenagers. )

Old 07-06-2013, 09:28 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,900,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
not if the "rules" are applied with bias.
Private businesses are free to use any bias they wish.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:22 PM

9,192 posts, read 5,030,376 times
Quote:
Private businesses are free to use any bias they wish.
Well depending on how old she is there is a possible age discrimination law suit (oh! pun!).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum (on loan)

Old 07-06-2013, 11:53 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,900,889 times
I think it was unwise on the part of the 2 young female park employees who first reported the wardrobe issue. I think they are used to seeing so many of one type of person (usually younger) the fact that this lady stands out is what was the problem. She would have been fine at a family pool or family beach. But water parks are usually more popular with younger people, that was the difference.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:08 AM

9,192 posts, read 5,030,376 times
Quote:
I think it was unwise on the part of the 2 young female park employees who first reported the wardrobe issue. I think they are used to seeing so many of one type of person (usually younger) the fact that this lady stands out is what was the problem. She would have been fine at a family pool or family beach. But water parks are usually more popular with younger people, that was the difference.
Please. I just got back from a Vegas water park, and there were some LARGE people, and a lot of them were young.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum (on loan)

Old 07-07-2013, 01:53 AM

4,710 posts, read 2,336,162 times
I don't think she would have lasted long in any bathing suit. But breast discrimination is not covered by the 5th 14th Amendments.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:47 AM

17,325 posts, read 12,259,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Exactly. She should have worn a one-piece, or something similar. She still hasn't lost enough weight and toned up enough to be able to wear a bikini.
100% disagree. If someone wants to wear a bikini? Go for it. Assuming the appropriate parts are sufficiently covered.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty