U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 08:48 AM

27,259 posts, read 15,040,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
She is to be commended for losing over 100 pounds. If I had done that, I would wear that bathing suit, also. Except, it would not be at a family water park. She seems to equate herself with the 14, 15, and 16 year old girls. She needs to apply the same common sense that it took to lose the weight to her apparel and appropriate places. She is not a young teen, there are many more age-appropriate bathing suits for the water park (and I don't mean matronly and old lady swim suits), and she is coming out of that top. Save that for the beach. I am sure that she was probably embarrassed when asked to cover up or leave, but she just should have known better. I bet her daughter already had said that to her.
Agreed. I have a teen-age son and he would be soo embarrassed if I went to a water park in something like that. He probably would refuse to go with me!

IF you are at the beach with your girlfriends or other adults - that's one thing. But at a family water park, it does seem a bit excessive. Of course, the water park didn't handle it all that well either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 10:39 AM

252 posts, read 216,033 times
My wife is pregnant right now and we recently went to a beach hotel with a water park attached( International Palms Resort, Cocoa Beach, fantastic, you should go!) and she is 25....she wore a one piece but I thought she would have looked fine in a bikini. The bikini was too small on that lady, not the style, but the size; I do not get why you would kick her out for it. It is just boobs....I see nipples and boobs all the time. No big deal.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:50 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,514,285 times

Let It All Hang Out - The Hombres 1967 - YouTube

Well, she was showing her weight loss "Independence" in Missouri the 'Show me State'....

ROFL. Seriously, this is so funny. Unless the article is missing some information - perhaps she was bouncing around drawing undo attention to herself,- or toddlers / infants were crawling walking over thinking it was time to eat, I fail to see any reason to kick this woman out. The few times I'm at a beach or water park / amusement park there are lots more offensive things I'd want patrons to be asked to leave for wearing or doing.

She's a woman with poor choice in swimsuit (IMO), but, unless she was specifically drawing attention to herself what's the big deal? Sounds like some employee at the privately owned family water park (a woman of course or psychologically scarred man) got their nose out of joint and (arbitrarily) told her to cover this or that.

It seems the owners of waterpark need to clarify any swimwear rules. Wait, I think this is a perfect example of a new seasonal employment opportunity, water park "swimsuit police" - just think of all the men who would take minimum pay for that job!

I'm imagining a creative lawsuit solution....
In Missouri news today the State passed a law known the "MuuMuu" rule. Privately owned water parks will review your swimsuit upon entry and then depending on your 'aesthetic' - if you have too much "moo - moo" udder showing, they issue you a complementary 'Muumuu' for coverage when not in the water.

This seems another classic case of American cultural conditioning that can not differentiate between (nudity) partially exposed female breasts and (sex) things with a sexual connotation.

Last edited by ciceropolo; 07-07-2013 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-07-2013, 01:12 PM

23,605 posts, read 30,334,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I see this a lot in people who have lost a lot of weight.

They feel SO much smaller that they don't have a realistic perception of what they REALLY look like.

Of course all the men think she looks fine.
Well, not all men. I'm one and she's way too big in the superstructure for my taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Exactly. She should have worn a one-piece, or something similar. She still hasn't lost enough weight and toned up enough to be able to wear a bikini.
And there's also this.

Make no mistake, I applaud her for the weight loss and her self-confidence but I do feel a little more common sense should have prevailed. I have to wonder if she's competing with her daughter.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:36 PM

17,414 posts, read 18,279,875 times
That lady looks so old to be 42.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:54 PM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
The problem is some people label things as "obscene" when they really mean, "not attractive to me." It sets a bad precedent.

Where do you draw the line? I am absolutely positive someone out there thinks I shouldn't wear knee length skirts, because it is "obscene" or "inappropriate."

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:56 PM

13,823 posts, read 12,612,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
What I am saying is, if a swimsuit top is too skimpy for a certain size bust, as determined by the water park, it doesn't matter what is the age of the woman wearing that swimsuit top.
Well, may be all the teen-age girls that day had more common sense and didn't wear that kind of swimsuit with that kind of bust size??

Quote:
Also, the park originally told the woman that she could stay if she put on shorts. The first employees that spoke to her didn't even mention her swimsuit top.
What else could they do under the circumstances? To bring her the different swimsuit top, that they had to keep "on file" specially for her?
Apparently they were so dazzled by her look, that they've asked her to cover something... at least something because being in disarray they couldn't figure out for a moment what exactly made her look so obscene)))

Quote:
In fact, if you are going by age, I would much rather see an adult woman showing extensive cleavage than a "jail bait" age teenager who may not be able to handle the situation as maturely as the grownup.
So what you are saying the whole idea behind this was to "show extensive cleavage" and "to handle situation maturely?"

Old 07-07-2013, 03:02 PM

12,054 posts, read 19,647,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Agreed. I have a teen-age son and he would be soo embarrassed if I went to a water park in something like that. He probably would refuse to go with me!

IF you are at the beach with your girlfriends or other adults - that's one thing. But at a family water park, it does seem a bit excessive. Of course, the water park didn't handle it all that well either.
You are right--it was poorly handled. I imagine that someone complained to one of the probably teenage workers. I am sure that no worker enjoyed having to deal with this situation. There should be posted rules (maybe there are) and everyone has to follow them and that includes attire.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:35 PM

34,564 posts, read 42,724,437 times
I already said this on another post, but although she is proud of her new body, she is delusional that she looks good in the bikini. At her age, she should cover those droopy boobs, not flaunt them. No one wants to see that.
As I said before, if all of us were to be booted from a pool because of how we look, then at least half of us would be. As we mature, we should dress accordingly.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:07 PM

710 posts, read 813,395 times
She is obviously in heat and the water park refused to hose her down....next stop >>>car wash
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty