U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 01:14 PM

19,647 posts, read 53,622,458 times

Advertisements

Dx is shorthand for diagnosis. Tx for treatment. Adopted to be understood in context of Rx for prescription.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 04:17 PM

517 posts, read 717,617 times
Why can't you where a weave to cover up the balding and invest in some products to minimize it?

Old 07-10-2013, 08:09 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,321,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
Yes i am balding slightly so i have no choice to wear a wig, unfortunately they are expensive for a human hair wig which is what im saving for. The wig i have is synthetic and it was in a nice style, but i washed it and its gone crazy on me i cannot get it back in shape. To be honest i have no idea what style of hair would suit my face ? these are the things i struggle with.

You seem to have a fair complexion... although the dark hair makes your eyes stand out more, I think it's a bit too dark. I remember on some beauty special on TV, they said that having dark hair is like pointing a billion arrows at the areas on your face that aren't flawless. What is your natural color?

I think like a medium/light brown may work better, or possibly a dark blonde (as long as it's not super bleached looking) would soften your look. I also think a shorter wig may do... like chin length or a little shorter.

I don't know entirely what you're going through (though I do remember your previous board), but I think so far you're doing an amazing job! I'm a female and I still struggle with makeup and hair color, etc. every single day. I can't imagine being thrown into a new life and being forced to sink or swim

Old 07-11-2013, 12:35 PM

18,434 posts, read 28,574,797 times
Sorry OP. I am so used to using some of those in the medical field that I forget not everone knows it. =/

Thank you SBIU. =)

I agree with another poster in the brown hair idea, as well as shorter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
Thanks pikantari and hedgehog mum

Yes i am balding slightly so i have no choice to wear a wig, unfortunately they are expensive for a human hair wig which is what im saving for. The wig i have is synthetic and it was in a nice style, but i washed it and its gone crazy on me i cannot get it back in shape. To be honest i have no idea what style of hair would suit my face ? these are the things i struggle with.

Sorry Pikantari what is dx ? is it something to do with my hormone count ? most people have reacted the same when they see pictures of me, i never really expected to develop as i have either, it has been a hard experience and still is in many ways, but at least i am more excepting now which helps me to cope but believe me it may only be 3 and a half years almost since my breasts began to develop but it seems like a life time.

The tan shirt is actually a night gown i sleep in there is no way i would show that much when wearing normal clothing and i have got use to the fact that when i lean over a lot tends to show so thank you for the advice, i learnt that the hard way, i have had a few mishaps in the past, i am getting fully aware now if i have got a low top most of the time if i lean over i just put my hand over the top.

Thanks Again for all your help xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Dx is shorthand for diagnosis. Tx for treatment. Adopted to be understood in context of Rx for prescription.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:49 PM

2,073 posts, read 1,947,937 times
I am bumping this thread because I'd love to hear how the OP is doing these days.

OP, if you're still around, please let us see you and tell us how you've been doing since 2013, okay? Hope all is well for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty