U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 03:46 AM

15 posts, read 20,800 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone

Many of you on here have really helped me and gave me some fantastic advice on what i guess is a pretty unusual situation. For those who do not know about my situation i will explain a little. Basically i am male but about 3 and half years ago i was diagnosed with a severe hormone disorder which over time has caused me to develop breasts and feminize in general Because of this i made the decision to try and live my life as a woman for many reasons, i accept who i am now and just want to move on and have a normal life the best i can.

There are a few aspects in my life that i find very hard and i have mixed feelings about some of them, i get confused and over think everything but i would love to hear other people opinions and advice, it really helps me put things in context

One of the biggest physical and mental aspects of my Condition has been breast development. When i was first diagnosed with my condition i had already begun developing breasts which as any man would i felt horrified and confused, i had no idea what to expect ? as time went on my chest started to change in a big way, i became very conscious of this and did everything possible to cover up and hide it even though no one at that stage would have noticed really now i look back, but to me it was really a big deal

I can remember one morning in April 2010, i had just woke up to go work and went to brush my teeth. As i brushed my teeth my chest started to wobble it was such a huge thing for me at that time i just cried, i can remember think im getting breasts what can i do ?

Anyway as time went on they continued to grow and change, causing me many problems. They are such a huge noticeable aspect and something that is very female. I struggled for a long time coming to terms with them and the effects they actually had not just on my appearance but my ability to do certain things the way i use to do them. For genetic women you have had breasts since you was maybe 14 or 15, for me growing up as a man with a flat chest then within a few years having a female chest is a lot to come to terms with. I became awkward in the way i moved and certain things i did, even when i was at home with no compression vest or binding on i was unsure how to hold myself , small things like laying on my front to watch tv or doing physical activity like house work or running for the bus became something i was scared of and something that felt so very different. I would cross my arms all the time, i would even hold my breasts when i went up and down my stairs in my old house. I never expected they would make such a huge impact on my whole life ?

A year or so ago i started to feel more comfortable with them and begun accepting them, they are still growing but i had got use to the feelings of having them, i had started to forget what it was like to not have them i mean i even started to enjoy the way they made me feel sometimes. About 6 months ago i actually started to look at them in the mirror and think they are actually quite beautiful and i felt they made me very feminine I started to really love my breasts, and how they made me feel, yes they still get in the way and yes they make running hard at times lol but they are part of me and they are pretty ok

Now i have started to live as a woman i like to wear low cut tops and so on to show a little cleavage, i feel they are one of my best features and i feel like showing them off a little, but then i think is this wrong ? is it normal to feel this way ? have i gone from hating them to over compensating in how much i love them ? is it so wrong that i love my breasts and want to show them off a little ? i am struggling with this i really am, any opinions are very welcome

There are pictures of me in some tops and so on that give a good idea what im talking about ? Only contacts and mods can see them though. If you are a long term member with more than 35 posts then send me a friend or contact request if you want, i would really love any opinions

Thank you xxx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 07:30 AM

19,631 posts, read 53,481,140 times
Your breasts are really quite large and you will get attention whether you cover them or not. Low-cut tops will just look skanky. Look at some 40-60s photos if stars like Gina Lolobrigida, Sophia Loren, etc. to see how feminine they look even covered up.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM

517 posts, read 714,461 times
Well I'm a born female. And I myself faced similar problems when I was a kid. I wasn't overweight actually very skinny to make matters worst. For at least the first 3 years I felt different I felt weird obscene like a freak of nature. A child is supposed to be innocent and wholesome and I never felt like I had those qualities because everyone saw as this weird teenager who acted retarded. And I couldn't run and play tag my favorite game as a kid because they would always weigh me down even with a bra it didn't really seem to make much of a difference. I was isolated in part because I was too different from either age group I represented physically or mentally. I never had big boobs as a young child 10 and under in fact my mom always claims I really didn't develop until 8 instead of a little under 7 because I was that flat chested. However it did take a toll on me mentally because I think when you're in a population that is usually flat chested it puts a strain on you to try to conform or to pick a side. For me I couldn't really act the age people expected me to act and I couldn't change my body so temporarily I was considered retarded by those who expected me to be something I wasn't yet. And just odd to people who actually knew my real age. Many parents didn't feel comfortable with me associating with their second third or fourth grade kids when I seemed to be in my teens playing the role of a child. And during this time I had a lot of troubles with them until I was 10 I tried to ignore them until I was 14. That's when they became noticeably larger I called them "C" cups. They were in actuality 28DD cups. From then on I learned to really accept them as they were. It was basically because at 14 it became acceptable for a girl to have big boobs. I think for me it became something I could embrace when others found it acceptable. As that happened I actually learned to really adore them more and more as I got larger. Idk it became something that made me feel really feminine. I think that's only natural for women to feel more feminine due to breasts size it is at least when it comes to focal points in the female figure. But honestly any bust size is feminine but more a feminine quality is obvious going to make you feel more feminine.

Also I don't think it's skanky if you show cleavage. As long as you don't do it at an interview or something of that nature. Especially if you're short. I'm 5'1" and any low cut shirt is going to short a lot because I'm so small. You have a very nice body even aside from chest size there's a lot more you could do to flaunt having an hourglass figure and all.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:22 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,208,781 times
Something isn't right.
That's all I have to say.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:25 PM

Hi everyone, thanks for your replies, both contrasting really. Agree that you do not need to show cleavage to look sexy and feminine, but I also think a little cleavage is also ok I just wonder how much is to much ? I honestly believe should wear what they like and be proud of there bodies and confident, that's how I want to be, but I find it so hard, I always cross eximine myself whenever I dress and think am I trying to hard to look feminine that I'm over doing it. I am learning that men have a preconception of what a woman should be like, a stereotype in some ways, but I have learnt that clothes and certain traits do not define who a woman is or anyone for that matter, I am a human being that just wants to be happy and accepted for who I am life just makes it hard to do that.

Thank you xxx

Old 07-08-2013, 09:08 PM

10,860 posts, read 18,883,731 times
One thing that I tell my daughters is that when you dress like a lady and act like a lady, that's how you'll be treated.

In your case, there are some men who will be attracted to you already because of the changes your body has undergone, and because of the parts you have that haven't changed. If you dress in a very flashy or revealing way, those men will feel more free to make advances toward you.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:17 PM

Hi hedgehog mum, yes your advice is excellent thank you I know what you mean with getting the wrong kind of attention, it has happened to me before because of my situation, even being called a she male which I guess is correct. I would like to attract a nice genuine man one day, but not until I am happy with myself. Do you think what I'm wearing in my pictures is ok ? A little cleavage but not to much hopefully

Thanks again xxx

Old 07-09-2013, 01:26 PM

18,434 posts, read 28,520,978 times
I just looked at your pics. I am wondering if you keep your head shaved or if you are balding?

If you are balding and have to wear a wig, maybe you should find one that is more complimentary.

If you are not balding, and are now living as a woman, why not grow your hear out?

If you don't mind my asking, what is your dx, as far as your hormones, etc? I just cannot imagine a man growing breasts, especially of that proportion in a matter of a few years.....

Old 07-09-2013, 04:30 PM

10,860 posts, read 18,883,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
Hi hedgehog mum, yes your advice is excellent thank you I know what you mean with getting the wrong kind of attention, it has happened to me before because of my situation, even being called a she male which I guess is correct. I would like to attract a nice genuine man one day, but not until I am happy with myself. Do you think what I'm wearing in my pictures is ok ? A little cleavage but not to much hopefully

Thanks again xxx
The tan shirt with the black trim is too low for anything except an evening out, everything else looks okay. Just be careful when you bend forward to pick something up or to sign a receipt or something like that, sometimes shirts that are a little low get really low when you lean over.

I agree with Pikantari about your wig, if you need a wig, then a different color and style might be worth a try, or at the least, take your wig to a stylist and have it cut in a style that flatters your face.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:08 PM

Thanks pikantari and hedgehog mum

Yes i am balding slightly so i have no choice to wear a wig, unfortunately they are expensive for a human hair wig which is what im saving for. The wig i have is synthetic and it was in a nice style, but i washed it and its gone crazy on me i cannot get it back in shape. To be honest i have no idea what style of hair would suit my face ? these are the things i struggle with.

Sorry Pikantari what is dx ? is it something to do with my hormone count ? most people have reacted the same when they see pictures of me, i never really expected to develop as i have either, it has been a hard experience and still is in many ways, but at least i am more excepting now which helps me to cope but believe me it may only be 3 and a half years almost since my breasts began to develop but it seems like a life time.

The tan shirt is actually a night gown i sleep in there is no way i would show that much when wearing normal clothing and i have got use to the fact that when i lean over a lot tends to show so thank you for the advice, i learnt that the hard way, i have had a few mishaps in the past, i am getting fully aware now if i have got a low top most of the time if i lean over i just put my hand over the top.

Thanks Again for all your help xxx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty