U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 09:50 PM

4,509 posts, read 4,650,954 times

Advertisements

No more than $200 but mostly under $100. I've been buying Guess handbags the past 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 07:30 AM

41,505 posts, read 33,188,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAng View Post
$0, but I'm a guy.
Haha! My husband just spent $300 on a handbag, but it was for me.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:42 AM

41,505 posts, read 33,188,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAng View Post
$0, but I'm a guy.
Haha! My husband just spent $300 on a handbag, but it was for me.

Old 11-19-2018, 08:14 AM

3,219 posts, read 9,323,594 times
Maybe $45, but I try to spend less.

Old 11-19-2018, 11:23 AM

58 posts, read 13,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Highest was 100.00 anymore is a waste to me. I change purses with the season. Coach is my favorite.
Coach is my favorite as well. Another go to bag for me is the classic tote by Ralph Lauren. It's very streamlined and doesn't have the logo all over the bag. This is important, because I don't want to serve as "free" advertisement for designers.

I have spent upwards of $350. I'm not really into major luxury handbags, like Gucci, prada, etc, though I have received some as gifts.

Old 11-19-2018, 08:32 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,185,938 times
I have 10 Coach bags, purchased in the late 70’s thru the early 80’s. They are the true baseball glove leather of the original designers. Two are large backpacks, and I have one carryall. I have kept them conditioned and they are holding up well.

I also collect other brands. I have everything from Bagalini to Dooney and Burke, Mary Francis, and Brahmin. ( I do love their cross body bags with card holder built in). I just buy what I like. One of my favorites is a large Brahmin carryall that I use for weekend trips. I have two Artisan handmade (artist made) purses, purchased at galleries that I love carrying.

My 95 yr old mother passed away this summer. I just inherited two Chanel bags. One sleek quilted, with gold chain, and one large shoulder bag, not sure of their names. I also have some more vintage purses from my mom (who never threw anything away), such as a round lucite purse with rhinestones and an alligator bag that she got on a trip to Cuba in the late 40’s. I also kept two evening purses, one embroidered with gold thread, and one encrusted with semi precious stones. I had always loved seeing them when I was a child—my mom dressed in a flowing gown, fragrant with White Shoulders or Coco Chanel perfume, mink cape, and glistening bag. I gave my sisters in law most of the others because I just can’t keep everything.

Sorry that I veered off topic, but clearing out her belongings is still too fresh on my mind. And purses brought back too many memories.
I don’t think I have ever spent as much on a purse as my mother had, but I’ve spent over $2,000.

I’m at the point in life that if I want something I will pay what it costs.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:56 AM

10,354 posts, read 14,234,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I know this post is old, but....
$25 for me, and that's a splurge. But I'm not a big fan of purses (see, I call them purses, which seems like it's not the proper, fancy term- like handbag) and I usually find one for $15 or so. I'm not much of a big spender on anything (and can't afford to be), though.

I can't fathom even paying $100 for a purse, let along the $2K referenced earlier. Whoa!

^^ Exactly. If I had that kind of money, I would still buy a purse under $100 at TJ Maxx e.g, -- and donate the $1900 to a deserving local charity. That would be before I went broke buying $2,000 'pocketbooks' of course. Truly, no one cares.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:45 AM

6,958 posts, read 3,802,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
These coach bags came from their outlet store. the quality is awful. Simply awful.
I donít buy coach made for outlet bags. I do go in and ask for what they have in the back room that is from the retail store. Big difference in quality

Old 11-21-2018, 12:32 PM

407 posts, read 79,333 times
It depends on the bag. The design, the leather ( I won't buy fake or poor quality leather) size, color and mood. I won't buy based on brand. Today I am using an Ellington tote style bag. Lovely leather. I have some Dooney handbags that are over 20 years old and still in beautiful shape. I have a couple Roche bags that were a bit under 300 dollars years ago when I bought them. I get a lot of compliments on them still, and they refurnish their bags for a reasonable sum when they start to show wear.

I honestly can't say how much I would spend because I would be considering so many factors, one being how long I think it would stay in good shape with a lot of use. I am also not too hoity-toity to find bags at thrift stores.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:43 PM

19,248 posts, read 12,726,134 times
My two favorite brands: Fossil and Sherpani. The Fossils can be pricey, but they are nowhere near $1,000. They usually run upwards of $100 and I’ve seen acouple of big ones going for upwards of $200. And since I haven’t bought a new Fossil in a couple of years, I haven’t kept up with any later price increases. I like a crossbody that I can quick change to a shoulder bag. My fave of theirs is the Morgan Traveler. The one I’m carrying now was found on sale, and I love the multicolored fabric it sports.

Sherpani has lightweight bags in their line. My fave is Jag. Unfortunately my gray quilted Jag is looking a little weary after 1 1/2 years of daily use. But that bag is a model of lightweight efficiency.

I want a bag that functions well. I don’t like switching stuff around all the time, either. Once a season is about my speed. And I want a colorful bag, if I can get it.

We all have different needs and priorities, you know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty