U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-10-2013, 03:57 PM
 
Location: las vegas nevada
517 posts, read 715,459 times
Reputation: 146

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Yeah, finding clothes is a pain in the ass. Most of the cute stuff out there now isn't cut for an hourglass. It's all flowy in the waist and straight in the hip. Great style for the taller people with straight figures. I look like I'm wearing a potato sack or maternity clothes though! LOL
You're actually only an hourglass if you have broad shoulders too. But I actually was just reading about the pear and how to dress it with jeans and it seems actually quite easy with pants.

 
Old 07-10-2013, 04:02 PM
 
Location: las vegas nevada
517 posts, read 715,459 times
Reputation: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Exactly. That pose was set up specifically to hide her flaws. Anyone can look good with that pose.

Almost any woman can look great; packaging is key. If she knows how to dress to maximize her assets and minimize her deficiencies, she can be eye-catching. Kate Upton needs to choose her swimwear better, so she looks as good from the back as well as the front. A model shouldn't be showing a roll of fat on her back, not to mention the bottom not being flattering. That suit was chosen for frontal shots, obviously.
Yeah I think she'd look like any other normal model if she worked out a little more. But yeah in the meantime she can limit the view of her stomach.
Mille I said think most shapes you can make yourself appear more hourglass shaped if you want to.
 
Old 07-10-2013, 04:09 PM
 
Location: CA
3,469 posts, read 6,938,942 times
Reputation: 4779
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have to say I totally agree with you. That First Asian woman definitely has implants.
When I was in my waterpolo team, I've seen some girls completely naked. When they took off their bras, their breasts really sag, but when they wear push up bras, they all look pretty yummy and nice.

I also agree with the rest of your post. Rep
There's some site out there which shows a gallery of "normal breasts" and the variety is astounding. Few women are round & perky, even if small & young.

Some male posters who comment have noted they are surprised at how most breasts do NOT look like what is shown in porn & men's magazines and it "explained" to them why all the women they had experienced in person don't look that way either . Not to be catty, but I felt pretty good about myself after looking at that site. I'd post the link but am not sure if it's appropriate (it's not a porn site).

Working as a designer in the print industry, I also know how much editing goes on for even the simplest things, forget an article or ad with the PURPOSE of representing a beauty ideal...so women in men's magazines rarely look like that in person either (even if they still look great).


Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You know I've asked my two brothers about breast implants and I also ask all my guy friends, ex boyfriends and current boyfriend about their opinion regarding women's breasts. They all told me NO way, they don't like implants. My current boyfriend told me he prefers medium size breasts (like B, C cup) because they look natural and more athletic. If he has to pick giant big breasts, or B, C cup, he definitely would pick B,C cup. I believe him.

Very few of men I know in my life really care about women's breast size. B, C cup really is enough for them.

I think big giant boobs (like DDD cups) is more like fetish, than norm.
I'd like to think individuals are less obsessed with narrow ideals than perpetuated. As a woman, I know I am not open to just ONE body type being attractive on a man. Even if I had a single body ideal, someone who meets it perfectly may not even be attractive to me because it's all more complicated than shapes & sizes.

I think my point is more that there is no ideal in reality... every figure has some perceived "flaw" because the ideals are not a reflection of nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
Before I knew better I'd call the Asian flat chested. She doesn't look fake to me at all. Before I gained weight I had boobs like that. But hers in comparison to her hips aren't even big IMO. They just make sense. Her waist to hip ratio is quite low what's to say her waist to chest doesn't have an equal proportion? Not every girl is a pear. They're actually not even all that common. She doesn't even look like she has a padded bra on. They just look pushed together. She could even be vase shaped which would help her boobs be able to easily push together in anything. She looks like a C cup. Who in the world really pays thousands of dollars for a C cup? I mean come on you seem to be stretching to cut that woman down. Be realistic.

Oh forgot to mention. The reason you don't have that body while being athletic is because of your genetics. If you're hourglass vase lollipop or maybe even goblet shaped its very possible to be busty with a slim frame. Not everyone is built the same.
I have an extremely similar body to all of those women... I already stated that. I'm not cutting anyone down; I'm making a point about the difference between reality & ideals which require "tricks" to meet. I think those women look great because they look an awful lot like me!

So in brief - I DO HAVE THAT BODY, and I know what it looks like naked vs. with a top & angle to flatter. I like my figure for the most part, but it's actually not an ideal among many men. Women envy my figure all the time though.

I KNOW all it takes to look like the Asian chick is a bit of padding or push-up. And a model in a photoshopped picture likely has some tricks going on. That is reality; I AM being realistic. Just like that blue bikini lady has a lovely figure but reality is there is generally cellulite and jiggle that goes along with such a body. Every figure tends to have its "trade-off".

This lollipop/vase stuff is nonsense (and another way to objectify women; can you say degrading?). Boobs are mainly FAT & low body fat rarely results in all or most of it deposited ONLY in the chest. It doesn't matter your body shape at a certain point, it's a matter of FAT.

I agree the Asian woman is not VERY busty, but she's bustier than most thin Asian women I've seen. Also, she is likely larger than a C cup (which has no meaning without band size). I am larger than a C cup, but that's because woman as thin as us have small backs & wear small band sizes; larger than a C at 28-30 band is not large. And for all you know she could've been smaller before, in which case many would pay to go up a few cup sizes. But some gel inserts would give the same effect, and those are OFTEN used on photo shoots for bikinis and lingerie. Sometimes it's just to add "roundness" as even naturally full boobs may not have that very round, high look, especially in a non-supportive top. In any case, whether or not she is natural is beside the point; it is very unusual to be proportioned that way without some tricks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
yeah, but orangeapple has a good figure too. She also has pretty face.
Well, thanks
 
Old 07-10-2013, 04:22 PM
 
Location: las vegas nevada
517 posts, read 715,459 times
Reputation: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
There's some site out there which shows a gallery of "normal breasts" and the variety is astounding. Few women are round & perky, even if small & young.

Some male posters who comment have noted they are surprised at how most breasts do NOT look like what is shown in porn & men's magazines and it "explained" to them why all the women they had experienced in person don't look that way either . Not to be catty, but I felt pretty good about myself after looking at that site. I'd post the link but am not sure if it's appropriate (it's not a porn site).

Working as a designer in the print industry, I also know how much editing goes on for even the simplest things, forget an article or ad with the PURPOSE of representing a beauty ideal...so women in men's magazines rarely look like that in person either (even if they still look great).




I'd like to think individuals are less obsessed with narrow ideals than perpetuated. As a woman, I know I am not open to just ONE body type being attractive on a man. Even if I had a single body ideal, someone who meets it perfectly may not even be attractive to me because it's all more complicated than shapes & sizes.

I think my point is more that there is no ideal in reality... every figure has some perceived "flaw" because the ideals are not a reflection of nature.



I have an extremely similar body to all of those women... I already stated that. I'm not cutting anyone down; I'm making a point about the difference between reality & ideals which require "tricks" to meet. I think those women look great because they look an awful lot like me!

So in brief - I DO HAVE THAT BODY, and I know what it looks like naked vs. with a top & angle to flatter. I like my figure for the most part, but it's actually not an ideal among many men. Women envy my figure all the time though.

I KNOW all it takes to look like the Asian chick is a bit of padding or push-up. And a model in a photoshopped picture likely has some tricks going on. That is reality; I AM being realistic. Just like that blue bikini lady has a lovely figure but reality is there is generally cellulite and jiggle that goes along with such a body. Every figure tends to have its "trade-off".

This lollipop/vase stuff is nonsense (and another way to objectify women; can you say degrading?). Boobs are mainly FAT & low body fat rarely results in all or most of it deposited ONLY in the chest. It doesn't matter your body shape at a certain point, it's a matter of FAT.

I agree the Asian woman is not VERY busty, but she's bustier than most thin Asian women I've seen. Also, she is likely larger than a C cup (which has no meaning without band size). I am larger than a C cup, but that's because woman as thin as us have small backs & wear small band sizes; larger than a C at 28-30 band is not large. And for all you know she could've been smaller before, in which case many would pay to go up a few cup sizes. But some gel inserts would give the same effect, and those are OFTEN used on photo shoots for bikinis and lingerie. Sometimes it's just to add "roundness" as even naturally full boobs may not have that very round, high look, especially in a non-supportive top. In any case, whether or not she is natural is beside the point; it is very unusual to be proportioned that way without some tricks.



Well, thanks
Apparently you don't know anything about what a vase is shaped like lol. I'm a lollipop. A vase is more like a pear with big boobs. Which is highly possible.

And sorry but yeah lollipop/top heavy body shapes do exist. I have a lot of people in my family who could attest to that including myself. I am tired of really arguing this subject that the lollipop body shape does exist naturally among women. It's just a deep minority. Why do some seek to say we don't exist? It's nothing amazing is it since lollipops lack hips why is it a myth that we're just a fantasy. But I'm going to move on. Whatever makes you happy ok.


Yeah that's racist. You're showing ignorant to assume all thin Asian women look a certain way we don't.

And yes it's very possible that she enhanced her boobs. I never denied that. It's apparent she's squeezing her boobs together. But whether she padded or augmented her boobs you have no evidence for just speculation. To me it looks like she just pushed her boobs together.
 
Old 07-10-2013, 04:28 PM
 
Location: las vegas nevada
517 posts, read 715,459 times
Reputation: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
There's some site out there which shows a gallery of "normal breasts" and the variety is astounding. Few women are round & perky, even if small & young.

Some male posters who comment have noted they are surprised at how most breasts do NOT look like what is shown in porn & men's magazines and it "explained" to them why all the women they had experienced in person don't look that way either . Not to be catty, but I felt pretty good about myself after looking at that site. I'd post the link but am not sure if it's appropriate (it's not a porn site).

Working as a designer in the print industry, I also know how much editing goes on for even the simplest things, forget an article or ad with the PURPOSE of representing a beauty ideal...so women in men's magazines rarely look like that in person either (even if they still look great).




I'd like to think individuals are less obsessed with narrow ideals than perpetuated. As a woman, I know I am not open to just ONE body type being attractive on a man. Even if I had a single body ideal, someone who meets it perfectly may not even be attractive to me because it's all more complicated than shapes & sizes.

I think my point is more that there is no ideal in reality... every figure has some perceived "flaw" because the ideals are not a reflection of nature.



I have an extremely similar body to all of those women... I already stated that. I'm not cutting anyone down; I'm making a point about the difference between reality & ideals which require "tricks" to meet. I think those women look great because they look an awful lot like me!

So in brief - I DO HAVE THAT BODY, and I know what it looks like naked vs. with a top & angle to flatter. I like my figure for the most part, but it's actually not an ideal among many men. Women envy my figure all the time though.

I KNOW all it takes to look like the Asian chick is a bit of padding or push-up. And a model in a photoshopped picture likely has some tricks going on. That is reality; I AM being realistic. Just like that blue bikini lady has a lovely figure but reality is there is generally cellulite and jiggle that goes along with such a body. Every figure tends to have its "trade-off".

This lollipop/vase stuff is nonsense (and another way to objectify women; can you say degrading?). Boobs are mainly FAT & low body fat rarely results in all or most of it deposited ONLY in the chest. It doesn't matter your body shape at a certain point, it's a matter of FAT.

I agree the Asian woman is not VERY busty, but she's bustier than most thin Asian women I've seen. Also, she is likely larger than a C cup (which has no meaning without band size). I am larger than a C cup, but that's because woman as thin as us have small backs & wear small band sizes; larger than a C at 28-30 band is not large. And for all you know she could've been smaller before, in which case many would pay to go up a few cup sizes. But some gel inserts would give the same effect, and those are OFTEN used on photo shoots for bikinis and lingerie. Sometimes it's just to add "roundness" as even naturally full boobs may not have that very round, high look, especially in a non-supportive top. In any case, whether or not she is natural is beside the point; it is very unusual to be proportioned that way without some tricks.


Well, thanks
You're not being realistic to everyone. You're self imposing your reality to everyone else. And that's not going to work because everyone's different. Everyone's reality for their body is different.

And that too. I didn't mean she was the real C cup I meant the standard she probably is a G or an F if we're about small band sizes and all.

Also like my roommate we looked the same breasts size wise at the time when she padded her bra and I wore a regular bra. Regular big breasts do exist. And sometimes they can look like fake/padded ones. With them clothed you just can't tell. That's my only point I'm trying to make here. You don't know you can't assume.

And yeah you probably have the same body shape as she does that minus the boobs that's a nice body type but what's the difference between a vase and a pear? One has boobs one doesn't. They exist. Both are very much alike and neither erased the other body.

Last edited by kitgirl11; 07-10-2013 at 04:39 PM..
 
Old 07-10-2013, 04:53 PM
 
Location: las vegas nevada
517 posts, read 715,459 times
Reputation: 146
I think it's rude to self impose your reality on others. I think also that when a person feels they have a majority or a body type the media hold up as a norm they tend to think everyone does the same thing with their body type. I don't self impose because I don't see my reality as much of society. I guess this is why I can see things a little more fairly.
 
Old 07-10-2013, 05:06 PM
 
15,732 posts, read 17,298,790 times
Reputation: 12729
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
You're actually only an hourglass if you have broad shoulders too. But I actually was just reading about the pear and how to dress it with jeans and it seems actually quite easy with pants.
I'm not a pear though...I'm hour glass so when I wear flowy tops it creates the appearance of being big all over because it covers up my waist.
 
Old 07-10-2013, 05:14 PM
 
Location: las vegas nevada
517 posts, read 715,459 times
Reputation: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I'm not a pear though...I'm hour glass so when I wear flowy tops it creates the appearance of being big all over because it covers up my waist.
Oh I thought you wear talking about jeans as the problem.

Sorry about that.

I know my grandma had issues with that when she was younger. I honestly rather wear something that fits my stomach rather than my chest. Which works for me because I'm on the small end. But why can't you take it in where you need it to be?
 
Old 07-10-2013, 06:20 PM
 
Location: CA
3,469 posts, read 6,938,942 times
Reputation: 4779
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
You're not being realistic to everyone. You're self imposing your reality to everyone else. And that's not going to work because everyone's different. Everyone's reality for their body is different.

And that too. I didn't mean she was the real C cup I meant the standard she probably is a G or an F if we're about small band sizes and all.

Also like my roommate we looked the same breasts size wise at the time when she padded her bra and I wore a regular bra. Regular big breasts do exist. And sometimes they can look like fake/padded ones. With them clothed you just can't tell. That's my only point I'm trying to make here. You don't know you can't assume.

And yeah you probably have the same body shape as she does that minus the boobs that's a nice body type but what's the difference between a vase and a pear? One has boobs one doesn't. They exist. Both are very much alike and neither erased the other body.
I'm pretty sure this is what YOU are doing. You're holding out some anecdotes of outliers instead of grasping the big picture. Exceptions are just that - exceptions. Rareness is just that - rare.

Your body type names continue to be silly & without point, and especially do they miss my point.

I'm not claiming to know anything; I'm speculating based on patterns & evidence at hand. I'm also making a valid point that you keep skirting around because you're making it personal. And you keep insulting my body, which is unnecessary & rude & YOU are the one making assumptions there. I have not attacked any posters' body (funny how you seem to know what I look like without any clear photo of my full body).

I'm not self-imposing my reality based solely on my own figure either... I'm referencing reality of what is done in photo shoots & other places to create images which strike people as "ideal", but which are not what those bodies look like in the plain light of day without aids of clothing tricks & photo editing. If you believe what you see in magazines & catalogs & in movies is real, then you are naive.
 
Old 07-10-2013, 06:25 PM
 
2,546 posts, read 5,932,098 times
Reputation: 1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
She has no waist,and no butt.
The body type you are describing is called- The boyish shape also called The rectangle shape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top