U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 06:01 PM

937 posts, read 915,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
Italian is a nationality and Hispanics are an ethnicity. Neither is a race or color (i.e. black, white, asian, indian.) There are white hispanics and black hispanics as well as different shades of Italians.

How is this not understood in 2013???

Of course hispanics are not discriminated against as much by white women because most of them are white. Same race people just different cultures and sometimes language. If the person speaks spanish and you think they look black then guess what? They are black but also happen to be hispanic!
True, but I think most understand what she was referring to when she stated Italian (i.e. dark hair, dark eyes, tanned skin). Of course there are blond Italians, but I am referring to the "classic" Italian/European look.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:03 PM

164 posts, read 241,249 times
I'm not buying it. I think the op I fishing for compliments.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:05 PM

11,609 posts, read 5,449,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
There is a sort of irony in this.
The guy who is obsessed with blue eyed, blond girls doesn't understand that some women prefer blue eyed, blond guys.
right?

Old 07-09-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Indian IS white. They range from lighter to darker skin, but they are Caucasian.
They may be "Caucasian" on paper, but there is a clear difference in phenotype.

I recall when I was in college, an Egyptian guy (who had brown skin) was telling everyone that he was Caucasian as well, but interestingly, no one seemed to care, because they viewed him as North African/Arab.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i35vagabond View Post
I'm not buying it. I think the op I fishing for compliments.
The OP posted a pic of his friend, you know --the guy that he envies. LOL

Old 07-09-2013, 06:10 PM

512 posts, read 450,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
True, but I think most understand what she was referring to when she stated Italian (i.e. dark hair, dark eyes, tanned skin). Of course there are blond Italians, but I am referring to the "classic" Italian/European look.
Actually, if you are from northern Italy or Europe, lighter is the "classic" Italian look.

The "classic" Italian look you reference is the American version based upon the immigrants who arrived in this country who were from the lower socio-economic side of Italy and Europe and typically much darker skinned.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:18 PM

3,134 posts, read 3,954,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
"They have huge, hulking bodies and they only sleep with blondes in good degree programs and from good families and do not consider girls who wear make up or have "skanky" painted fingernails because they look like hookers?" Good thing these blonde sluts from good schools and families overlook your sons' bad coloring!

"Bodies are vastly more important than faces?" Yes, if your a pack mule.

"Bamabangs"???

Here's a nonwhite with bamabangs. As you can see, they work. http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pi...0714151234.jpg

Well... "if you're a 'pack mule' " ... or packin' like one....

I'm pretty sure that when we are walking though an eatery, and women slam their fists down on the table after our sons walk by, that it is not the boys' faces which are getting those females' so worked-up.

Our sons don't sleep with sluts. No smokers - no druggies - no precious princesses working on 'communications' degrees. When we lived in the South, they were called "Granolas". Around here, they're just called 'normal'. Anyway, I'm used to seeing most of them around our breakfast table. They're nice girls.

DH and I just refer to them as 'The Harem' (referring to the way stallions keep harems). Most are busy resident physicians. A couple are fledgling attorneys. I think it's just some sort of extended Friends With Benefits arrangement.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:18 PM

11,609 posts, read 5,449,768 times
I choose to believe what people say unless I see a reason not to, so I am accepting that this is his photo.

Since he keeps asking about 'In America' it makes me think he is not from here, so he has an accent or other things that set him apart.

And the Greek thing is huge.

Dating a white guy that was not in a frat was problematic for me because it took me away from my social group.

I had to be with his friends - great people but I missed mine.

Obviously my closest friends would do things with us, but we could not together hang out with everyone (who everyone was to me) and I missed that a lot.

There is no way I would have been open minded enough to date someone from India.

As an adult, I did date an Arabic man (also white, but most people don't see it that way) and that was incredibly difficult with my friends and co-workers.

The Muslim thing did not help matters, but I think they would have been just as prejudiced if he were Christian.

ANYWAY, the OP is going to have a problem until he's not seeking unattainable sorority girls and gets to an age where women start to think for themselves and date who they like regardless of ethnicity or what have you.

The problem is absolutely not looks, that is for sure.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Here's a nonwhite with bamabangs. As you can see, they work. http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pi...0714151234.jpg

Well... "if you're a 'pack mule' " ... or packin' like one....

I'm pretty sure that when we are walking though an eatery, and women slam their fists down on the table after our sons walk by, that it is not the boys' faces which are getting those females' so worked-up.

Our sons don't sleep with sluts. No smokers - no druggies - no precious princesses working on 'communications' degrees. When we lived in the South, they were called "Granolas". Around here, they're just called 'normal'. Anyway, I'm used to seeing most of them around our breakfast table. They're nice girls.

DH and I just refer to them as 'The Harem' (referring to the way stallions keep harems). Most are busy resident physicians. A couple are fledgling attorneys. I think it's just some sort of extended Friends With Benefits arrangement.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I choose to believe what people say unless I see a reason not to, so I am accepting that this is his photo.
That's your first mistake. Realize that this is the net, and many people make up all sorts of things for entertainment or for a host of other reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or