U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 06:48 PM

484 posts, read 588,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Are you blond by any chance?

Apparently it's equivalent to seeing a magical unicorn!

Old 07-09-2013, 06:49 PM

11,630 posts, read 5,472,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking 4 Help View Post
ya I am not sticking to dating minorities

I struggle with White girls in the Atlanta area and want to know other than breaking into the greek crowd what I can do to be with them and hook up with them. You say looks aren't the issue but I want to know how to break down the barrier, I am determined to find out. An attractive Blonde is indeed the kind of woman I want and all these comments insulting them isn't going to stop me. So unless your next comment is about where in the USA I can move to date these kinds of girls assuming I have other things to offer than looks, you are just wasting your time on this thread.

I heard Minnesota might be a good pick from what I read.
I offered you no insults. I said you're wasting your time with the greeks - and you're going to have to be older before most women will be more open-minded about your ethnicity.

I have no idea where most 21 year olds are dating 'whomever' besides CA, which you've already been told.

They don't care there.

I saw a lot of interracials in Las Vegas as well.

Austin, TX as well. Very liberal there, very. You'd probably be seen as exotic and sought after in some places, I just don't know many due to not having lived very many places.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:51 PM

937 posts, read 915,971 times
Quote:
ya I am not sticking to dating minorities

I struggle with White girls in the Atlanta area and want to know other than breaking into the greek crowd what I can do to be with them and hook up with them. You say looks aren't the issue but I want to know how to break down the barrier, I am determined to find out. An attractive Blonde is indeed the kind of woman I want and all these comments insulting them isn't going to stop me. So unless your next comment is about where in the USA I can move to date these kinds of girls assuming I have other things to offer than looks, you are just wasting your time on this thread.

I heard Minnesota might be a good pick from what I read.
I really hope that you get an attractive blonde (for your own sanity), just make sure she's the real thing and not a blow-up doll with a blond wig.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:51 PM

26,878 posts, read 28,163,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But you have to keep in mind that college women aren't that far from their teenage years where they probably had crushes on people like Robert Pattinson and Zac Efron, who aren't exactly the Rock.

I think where the OP went wrong is going to a college that has a huge Greek social life, when with a bit of research beforehand he might have learned that his community college background was going to keep him from participating.
If you go to a greek school, you need to be greek for sure. There is limited social scene for non-greeks. I agree.

Quote:
I don't care for his movies but, Robert Pattison is attractive (in my opinion). He kind of reminds me of Jason Priestly from the 90210 show (way back when). I wasn't sure who Zac Efron is, so I googled him. He has a metro/bi sexual look, and that's a huge turn off to me. But I guess some college aged girls have very different opinions.
I don't like Robert Pattinson, and didn't like JAson Priestly either. I preferred the moody looking Luke Perry.

I think Zac Efron is cute, but as my friend says, he is a "fetus." Heheh. He has a baby face, and I imagine it will grow up quite nicely.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I have encountered a number of Indian men that were obsessed with skin color, therefore I know first hand how some of them are (especially the darker ones).

This is not to say that all of them are fixated on hair color and skin color, but again, a sizable group of them are like this, because in their native country, dark skin is viewed as low class. They want to be with a white woman, particularly a blond (because she is viewed as the epitome of whiteness).

Anyhow, the picture just doesn't add up with his sob story (in my opinion).
I understand where you are coming from but even light-skinned people from that area are obsessed with white women - the Arabic man I dated was never with anyone that was not blonde/blue, until he married a woman from his country - which is common as well. To play with white women, to 'score' and get that notch on their belt but then settle down with someone of their own culture.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
If you go to a greek school, you need to be greek for sure. There is limited social scene for non-greeks. I agree.

I don't like Robert Pattinson, and didn't like JAson Priestly either. I preferred the moody looking Luke Perry.

I think Zac Efron is cute, but as my friend says, he is a "fetus." Heheh. He has a baby face, and I imagine it will grow up quite nicely.
Jason Priestly was hot during his prime (in my opinion). Luke Perry was cute as well, in a mysterious way, but he had a Jay Leno Long chin. Now that I think about it, Ian Ziering was also cute. Heck they were all attractive.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:58 PM

I was not in a sorority but was friends with so many from one it was as if I was. I went to all the events that the frat they associated most with held, but could date a guy from any frat.

IDK if it's possible for a guy to do the same thing - but that is the best bet.

Friends with whatever frat = access to the girls that hang with those guys.

If you can get into the crowd that way and be a good date for their sorority events....but I think that is easier for a girl, honestly.

Guys are less picky that way - a cute girl in the crowd but can't reciprocate with events? So what - the probably hate going to the girls' anyway :-).

I probably had an advantage not being officially greek in that respect.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:59 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,256,060 times
Quote:
I am not but almost every White girls seems to have some sort of sorority connection, my biggest issue is breaking into those circles and if only I knew.

Anyways, thread was helpful but got offtopic.

But I want to know, in America, which is more preferred on men? The tall dark and handsome look or the blonde guy look?

Seriously? Everyone has their own tastes. You ARE American, why are you even asking this? Look at every movie portraying a strong or handsome man, look at every romantic comedy. Its almost always tall, dark, and handsome man with a blonde woman, especially once you go back 10 or more years ago before everything got diverse & PC.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I understand where you are coming from but even light-skinned people from that area are obsessed with white women - the Arabic man I dated was never with anyone that was not blonde/blue, until he married a woman from his country - which is common as well. To play with white women, to 'score' and get that notch on their belt but then settle down with someone of their own culture.
A few of my friends have mentioned this, as well.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:03 PM

Women like tall dark and handsome and also blonde, but the former they are generally seeking European White.

Just like the OP is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or