U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2013, 01:34 PM
 
66 posts, read 50,227 times
Reputation: 32

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
If you feel it is racist there you are doing something wrong. You should have no problem fitting in. Flashpoint, most of America is going to respond the same way to blond hair and blue eyes. It's not that it is inherently better but it is certainly more rare.

As humans, do we value things that are more rare and hard to come by or things that are easy to get and mass produced?
So you are telling me that even in these so called progressive areas my friend will be considered more attractive than me because he is a White guy with blonde hair and blue eyes? That it isn't just the south which is like this?

And I would be more rare than him. People with Blonde hair and blue eyes are a dime a dozen while an Indian guy (especially one that looks decent) is very hard to come across.

 
Old 07-09-2013, 01:35 PM
 
Location: Lemon Heights, Orange County, CA
805 posts, read 1,261,261 times
Reputation: 1275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking 4 Help View Post
Well there are many mixed couples in Atlanta, mixed as in White men dating whoever they want and please and minorities only dating each other.

Have you personally seen Latino, Asian, or Indian guys in So Cal date White girls before? I want to be in a place where I have many options and am not limited by skin color.
I am whitey mcwhitey pants with a dash of white and I personally have dated every group you just listed.
 
Old 07-09-2013, 01:37 PM
 
66 posts, read 50,227 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephkp View Post
Well I am a southern girl and I think that the blond hair, blue eyed look is over rated. Personally I like men with dark hair. Those girls in Atlanta must be dumb. I think you are very handsome and to me the ethnic look is very sexy!

Keep looking and don't give up. You will find the right girl.

Stephanie
That is very flattering. I think other Southern girls might feel the same way as you but due to the tight knit social circles that are here, people are very cliquish about who they go out with and hang around.
 
Old 07-09-2013, 01:42 PM
 
512 posts, read 450,621 times
Reputation: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking 4 Help View Post
So you are telling me that even in these so called progressive areas my friend will be considered more attractive than me because he is a White guy with blonde hair and blue eyes? That it isn't just the south which is like this?

And I would be more rare than him. People with Blonde hair and blue eyes are a dime a dozen while an Indian guy (especially one that looks decent) is very hard to come across.

To be fair, we are talking about US "white" girls who are typically looking for other "white" males. Ii don't think "Indian" falls into the spectrum I was writing about. I meant blond/blue within "white" circles is more rare than brown/brown combinations. Therefore, he may recieve more compliments or initial attention because of those traits. Doesn't make him more attractive overall.
 
Old 07-09-2013, 01:44 PM
 
66 posts, read 50,227 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
To be fair, we are talking about US "white" girls who are typically looking for other "white" males. Ii don't think "Indian" falls into the spectrum I was writing about. I meant blond/blue within "white" circles is more rare than brown/brown combinations. Therefore, he may recieve more compliments or initial attention because of those traits. Doesn't make him more attractive overall.
How do I as an Indian guy who you say looks good get on their radar and date the attractive White girls in the US?

Are some areas more open minded about it than others?
 
Old 07-09-2013, 01:44 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Reputation: 25975
Another brown guy can't get white girls thread. The lone Indian guy I went to high school (in South Carolina) with dated all ethnicities and is now married to a white woman. The 3 asian guys did as well. People in the south tend to be more connected to church to form social groups, but your problem might be more related to the pedestal you are placing white women on more than anything else.


I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
 
Old 07-09-2013, 01:51 PM
 
66 posts, read 50,227 times
Reputation: 32
Everyone has a story of that one Indian guy they know who dated attractive girls of other races. I live in Atlanta, I see plenty of Indian guys, have never seen one date a White girl before let alone an attractive one.
 
Old 07-09-2013, 01:55 PM
 
512 posts, read 450,621 times
Reputation: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking 4 Help View Post
How do I as an Indian guy who you say looks good get on their radar and date the attractive White girls in the US?

Are some areas more open minded about it than others?

What you should be concerned about is being attractive to all girls. White girls are no different than other girls in the US and like all types, each has their own unique preferences.

You should be CRUSHING it in Atlanta! As long as you stay in shape and are nice your looks are not what is holding you back. As you stated, Atlanta is cliquish. Workout at a big gym, go to sporting events and concerts and bars where you can actually talk to people. Save the clubs for after you have a group of women to show up with.

In fact, make some "girl" friends that you don't hook up with and have them meet up with you. If you don't have fraternity brothers in Atlanta with established relationships from college you are already at a disadvantage. You can't be a "random". Randoms are strangers and strangers can be dangerous. Get in with a big group. Go to the lake on a houseboat in the summer. Crossfit gyms, The High Museum, a book club, etc.. Anything to label yourself because Atlanta is not about individuals. Let alone individuals looking for better ways to hook up with "white" girls.
 
Old 07-09-2013, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,252,467 times
Reputation: 3036
You are just as good looking face-wise as your friend. He looks better simply because he is wearing a suit and a smile, two universal attractive traits FYI.

Are you sure its your look that is holding you back? I always thought "tall, dark, and handsome" was the epitome of male attractiveness in the U.S.

Maybe white women in the South aren't as inclined to date a man outside of their race/culture? I have lived in Boston and Miami and I'm sure you would get just as much attention as your friend.

What ethnicity are you and do you have an accent?

BTW, your friend is a pretty boy and you are more masculine. He looks like he has a beiber cut & you look much more manly.
 
Old 07-09-2013, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,252,467 times
Reputation: 3036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking 4 Help View Post
really?

I though California girls were crazy for a Blonde Haired dude like Matt Barkley, even more so than girls down south.

Would I have to stick with dating Latinas there or would I have options? (Blondes, Latinas, Asian girls, etc.)
So for some reason you are only dating Latinas but not other women? Jeez, are we really that low on the totem pole?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top