U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 04:45 PM

66 posts, read 50,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post

I don't know what the OPs deal is - whether he gets a laugh out of these threads, or whether there's a mental illness involved in this need to constantly create new identities to ask the same question - but someone had to point this out.

^^I am well aware of what user he is talking about having seen that user on another forum but that user is not me. This guy is making up stories out of paranoia and because he has nothing better to do. I am not a troll and I am trying to get help for my situation. This guy is just starting to **** some garbage because he has so much hatred for one user.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:50 PM

20,426 posts, read 35,707,564 times
There is a sort of irony in this.
The guy who is obsessed with blue eyed, blond girls doesn't understand that some women prefer blue eyed, blond guys.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:57 PM

937 posts, read 915,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking 4 Help View Post
I am the guy in the 1st pic. I can see why you think I would be the darker Indian since most Indians in Atlanta are the darker kind but I have even seen the Punjabis who look like Jay Sean struggle.

Again, you guys have been helpful but my blonde friend has received so many compliments on his looks that I find it hard to believe people say "tall dark and handsome".

I have to go workout and lift, when I get back I will reply to the messages you guys have stated.
Seriously, you need to put your laptop down or step away from your desktop and just enjoy your college years. Trust me when I tell you that you will NEVER have it so good again.

More than likely, you are probably considered an "outsider" because you don't fit in with the Southern culture. I believe you should just be proud and happy to be you, but if you truly want to fit in, try to become more active on campus. Get involved with a few UGA college clubs and take on a few leadership roles.

I had absolutely 0 interest in Greek life when I was a student, but a few of my friends decided to partake in it, because they wanted those connections and they enjoyed being part of a sorority and engaging in the various functions and activities.

More than likely, the girls that you are attracted to from a distance, do not even know that you exist, because you are not part of their inner circle, nor will you be, unless you begin to partake in the same activities.

I tend to prefer associating with like minded people. The mere fact that you are struggling to attract this particular group, speaks volumes that you are not fitting in. Again, I've known black guys who were dating blonde cheerleader types, largely because they were part of the same world (i.e. played sports, and/or were members of Greek life). These guys were often the life of the party and very popular on campus. All different types of women were drawn to them, because of their overall confidence and gregarious nature.

Perhaps you need to spend more time networking with like minded folks. Possibly, while obsessing about blonds you are ignoring Indian girls on campus that may have more in common with you, simply because they are not white, blond and blue eyed. Tsk Tsk....

Old 07-09-2013, 05:00 PM

512 posts, read 450,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
I agree, that's what I don't understand. Why is he extoling white women as if they are the epitome of beauty. I have seen drop dead gorgeous non white women of every hue and ethnicity.

More than likely, he is focusing all of his time on blue eyed, blonde haired girls. Sure, some may be attractive in their youth, but around 30, they start looking old --very old (without botox). The paler the skin, the greater chance it will age very quickly. The opposite is true for dark people, who typically age very slowly.

Why is he extoling white women as if they are the epitome of beauty.
Because many people and the media and even other cultures across the globe do as well.

Sure, some may be attractive in their youth, but around 30, they start looking old --very old (without botox). The paler the skin, the greater chance it will age very quickly. The opposite is true for dark people, who typically age very slowly.

Okay, so is it better to start at a 10 and then fade to a 6 over time or start at a 4 and stay at a 4?

Old 07-09-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
In reality, the guy in the second pic wouldn't get a sidelook, if he was standing next to the guy in the first pic. That's why this thread is completely unbelievable. I'm guessing that the OP is really a dark Asian/Indian man trying to figure out why he is having difficulties dating blond cheerleader type girls.

He stated that he likes blonde/blue eyed women because they look drastically different than him. This is a dead giveaway that he is not the man in the pic, because that guy looks ethnic white, not Asian or Indian. I do however realize that you can't always tell a person's ethnic background many times, but I seriously doubt that you are the guy in the 1st pic.

You are obviously not a college aged "white" sorority girl.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
Okay, so is it better to start at a 10 and then fade to a 6 over time or start at a 4 and stay at a 4?
My point was, many of the so called blond 10's are not really a ten. Heck, the majority of American blonds, are not blond without the peroxide bottle.
Sorry, but simply having blonde hair and blue eyes does not make you attractive.

I have seen a number of attractive blond women, but most are not on the super model level at all. Also, why do you assume that a non white woman must automatically be a 4? I'm stating that if you take a 10 non white woman and you place her against a 10 white woman, the woman with the greatest level of melanin will remain youthful looking (without botox or surgery).

I am not stating that he should be interested in unattractive women. I'm simply advising him to go after women who are interested in him, and primarily these women will more often than not, be attractive non white woman.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
You are obviously not a college aged "white" sorority girl.
Yes, you are right about that. I'm a professional/career woman. Honestly, as I have stated, the guy in the second pic looks bisexual. Perhaps bi guys are in with the UGA girls, but that's a no-go in my book and that alone makes him very unappealing.

The guy in the first pic looks masculine and that is attractive to a straight woman.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
My point was, many of the so called blond 10's are not really a ten. Heck, the majority of American blonds, are not blond without the peroxide bottle.

Sorry, but simply having blonde hair and blue eyes does not make you attractive. I have seen a number of attractive blond women, but most are not on the super model level at all. Also, why do you assume that a non white woman must automatically be a 4?

I'm stating that if you take a 10 non white woman and you place her against a 10 white woman, the woman with the greatest level of melanin will remain youthful looking (without botox or surgery).

I am not stating that he should be interested in unattractive women. I'm simply advising him to go after women who are interested in him, and primarily these women will more often than not, be attractive non white woman.
Yes, I previously wrote the blond/blue combo isn't neccesarily more attractive than the brown/brown combo but it many times is more rare in certain circles and therefore may recieve more initial compliments as the OP first alluded to.

My numbers are not correct but my point is remaining youthful does not equate to attractiveness or remaining attractive. Ugly is ugly even if it is youthful. That being said, non white does not equal ugly. No correlation at all. The thing is, if you are initially attracted to someone with light pigmentation and stay with them past 30 years of age and beyond, it doesn't matter if they age more than they would have if they had darker pigmentation because you are still attracted to them regardless of aging.

Now if i were lining up and picking 10 non whites and 10 whites at 90 years of age...

Old 07-09-2013, 05:25 PM

21,464 posts, read 22,698,975 times
Quote:
Yes, you are right about that. I'm a professional/career woman. Honestly, as I have stated, the guy in the second pic looks bisexual. Perhaps bi guys are in with the UGA girls, but that's a no-go in my book and that alone makes him very unappealing.

The guy in the first pic looks masculine and that is attractive to a straight woman.
But you have to keep in mind that college women aren't that far from their teenage years where they probably had crushes on people like Robert Pattinson and Zac Efron, who aren't exactly the Rock.

I think where the OP went wrong is going to a college that has a huge Greek social life, when with a bit of research beforehand he might have learned that his community college background was going to keep him from participating.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
1)OP must have some other issues like being short or something because he's clearly not a bad looking guy "facially" at least.

2)Women, regardless of race, just like who they like. You can't change that.

Im considered a better than average looking black male by American standards, and will hear that from a good amount of white and Latina females, but yet Im not the 1st choice for many of them b/c they prefer lighter skin. And I'm not even that dark. The ones that tend to date me is b/c they are specifically attracted to black men.

I actually don't like that whole, dating me b/c Im black, as opposed to dating me b/c Im a nice looking guy who happens to be black., as I try to be pretty open.

Black women can be called on this too. I have a pretty, light skin black female friend in NYC. I encouraged her to give other races a try. Her comment "I just can't see myself having sex with a white man"

As you get older, you'll see white females start to come around a bit more as they become more independent thinkers and they are not worried what their friends and family think. But for the OP's age, you're gonna be dealing with girls who have it looked into their mind that they are supposed to end up with a WHITE male

It sucks, but people aren't as open to dating outside of race as you'd like to believe.
Your post started off good, but then it kind of deteriorated (in my opinion). You act as though it's a bad thing that white women are attracted to white men. If a woman doesn't find darker skin or (in the case of your black female friend) white skin attractive, that's completely her right.

Many people simply prefer to date their own ethnic group. It may seem closed minded, but they may simply be more comfortable with what is familiar to them.

Perhaps some people are interested in interracial dating, but let's not forget that not everyone is going to be interested in someone from a different background, skin color or ethnicity and that's their right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or