Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 12:52 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
Trust me, most white men and white women are not dating or marrying black women or men. There are census statistics for this, this is not rhetoric. The numbers are still very low, especially among the white college educated, so your personal experiences are not the norm.
Actually, the intermarriage rates are higher amongst the more highly educated (especially for Black women) and I was also including intermarriage in Europe as well. The fact remains that most Black men marry Black women. Most Asian men marry Asian women. Most White men marry White women.

But my experiences ARE the norm for college educated Black women (who are the group of BW most likely to marry out). I have been dating and having IRRs since high school so this is the norm for me and the other BW in my life.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:00 AM

515 posts, read 624,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Actually, the intermarriage rates are higher amongst the more highly educated (especially for Black women) and I was also including intermarriage in Europe as well. The fact remains that most Black men marry Black women. Most Asian men marry Asian women. Most White men marry White women.

But my experiences ARE the norm for college educated Black women (who are the group of BW most likely to marry out)
Yes, absolutely. College educated Black women are the group of BW who are most likely to marry out. That is not in question. Certainly, through educational opportunities and greater employment options, college educated BW outpace other Black women in this respect.

My point was that it is not a major feature of WMales and WWomen at this point in time so your personal statements and experiences in my estimation was not indicitive of most BWs experiences. Perhaps I am wrong, however, and BW are being approached for dating and marriage and social relationships all across the globe and we are actual now in a colorless society. Sounds fine to me. Glad this problem is over.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Sorry but I have traveled throughout the US, the Caribbean and in Europe and North Africa, trust me, the vocal minority does not represent the opinions of most men in this world.
I got it. However, most men in this world don't have a pot to **** in so does it matter what they like? Women from the industrialized world who seek to build a life with a suitable partner and aren't interested in "most men in the world" so of course the vocal minority matter.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:17 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Yes, absolutely. College educated Black women are the group of BW who are most likely to marry out. That is not in question. Certainly, through educational opportunities and greater employment options, college educated BW outpace other Black women in this respect.

My point was that it is not a major feature of WMales and WWomen at this point in time so your personal statements and experiences in my estimation was not indicitive of most BWs experiences. Perhaps I am wrong, however, and BW are being approached for dating and marriage and social relationships all across the globe and we are actual now in a colorless society. Sounds fine to me. Glad this problem is over.
Quote:
I got it. However, most men in this world don't have a pot to **** in so does it matter what they like? Women from the industrialized world who seek to build a life with a suitable partner and aren't interested in "most men in the world" so of course the vocal minority matter.
My comments were not about most or all WW or WM desiring or considering a Black partner. Some do and some do not. Some would and some would not.

The reason that the vocal minority does not matter is because they do not represent all of the factors that go into true attraction. Most of the men who state that the LOVE skinny blondes are not married to one. I was engaged to a man who had never even dated a Black girl before we met and I wasn't his typical "type". So the lists of preferences really mean very little because in real life people connect and click with others for different reasons and certain things become less important.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:26 AM

Quote:
My comments were not about most or all WW or WM desiring or considering a Black partner. Some do and some do not. Some would and some would not.

The reason that the vocal minority does not matter is because they do not represent all of the factors that go into true attraction. Most of the men who state that the LOVE skinny blondes are not married to one. I was engaged to a man who had never even dated a Black girl before we met and I wasn't his typical "type". So the lists of preferences really mean very little because in real life people connect and click with others for different reasons and certain things become less important.
You make complete sense. I totally agree with you. The importance of things and preferences do change with actual experience. Thank you for your sentiments. I hope more people are able to move through life in this manner.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:28 AM

66 posts, read 70,668 times
so pretty much one girl who happens to be black feels so underappreciated she goes through so much drama to ********** thread up because I happen to love Blonde women. really?

and then I get my heritage in question, "oh your indian the british colonization did this to you"

I am going to be non-PC here.

White women on average are more attractive to me and most of my friends regardless of race (Asians, latinos, indians, and arabs). Most of the good looking women I see in the city of Atlanta are White. I have not been interested in Asian or Black women and neither are most Indian men I know of. Of course much to the delight of the jealous women here, those Indian men aren't scoring with Blonde women either.

I didn't even bring up Black women but I swear the first thing that ran through her head is "oh why don't he like us". I am not attracted to most Indian girls either unless they are the Persian looking kind, I won't date the one from the Mindy Project ever.

You don't see me getting mad at the fact that White men are above me on the looks ladder, they are and there is nothing I can do about it. I know that a good looking White guy will get more attention than me with all else being equal. But I also know that it is possible for a good lookng Indian guy to date a cute Blonde girl somewhere in their country.

SO seriously, quit being in denial. An attractive Blonde woman has the world by the balls and she at the top of the ladder here in the US and worldwide. Just like White men are generally more attractive. That doesn't mean non-White women cannot be attractive.

ANd didn't you morons read that I have been with mostly non-White girls? And all this hate towards White women isn't going to make me dislike them or change my preference and its not gonna make me date an asian or black woman either. Get over it and start your own thread to whine about how bad and evil blondes are.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:33 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,103,690 times
You are just as good looking as your friend, even more so.
It may be the region you are in, Idk, I have never lived in Atlanta, so I can't say.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:39 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
White men are NOT more attractive to most black women. I can't speak for other ethnicities.

You need to understand that for Indian/ME men what have you, it's not that we don't find you as attractive - it's that we shy away from the cultural differences.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:40 AM

We also don't like being trophies, fyi.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:43 AM

Pakistani dude at my work - hot. I mean HOT. But one of the few prejudices I still hold is against Pakistanis.

their attitude towards women is so horrid. Ugh.

Your attitude is ugh as well - it's all about status to you, it is NOT just a preference in looks.

You already stated it's important to you to climb that ladder - like a gold digging woman, that is a huge turn-off.

And don't think they can't sniff your superficiality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty