U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 09:06 PM

255 posts, read 314,486 times

Advertisements

Well that's good to know then. I've been wearing shirts that hide my forearms ever since then, because he basically said I didn't look feminine and I am already self-conscious because I've been told my face looks masculine. So I try my best to make myself as feminine looking as possible, which means hiding my muscles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 09:36 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,519,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
Well that's good to know then. I've been wearing shirts that hide my forearms ever since then, because he basically said I didn't look feminine and I am already self-conscious because I've been told my face looks masculine. So I try my best to make myself as feminine looking as possible, which means hiding my muscles.
You are going by what some good for nothing runt told you . Your arms are fine for a woman, don't worry.

A number of women here have arms even thicker than yours, and they are considered womanly. Ever seen the NCAAW basketball players. Damn, now that's some muscle for a gal. 6'4" and 190+ lb, completely built up and toned.

I have been told that my body is soft and feminine at times. That didn't prevent me from wearing what I like (Dockers Khaki shorts).

Old 04-02-2014, 09:45 PM

255 posts, read 314,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
You are going by what some good for nothing runt told you . Your arms are fine for a woman, don't worry.

A number of women here have arms even thicker than yours, and they are considered womanly. Ever seen the NCAAW basketball players. Damn, now that's some muscle for a gal. 6'4" and 190+ lb, completely built up and toned.
Just about my arms when it came to him, but I likely won't now.

But I've been told most of my life that my face (and by my MOTHER) is masculine. So I mean, after I heard someone tell me my arms make me less feminine looking, it was just another kick to the self-esteem that was already low. Especially someone that was supposed to be a love interest. But yes, he was actually small and skinny and a little shorter than me. I think he was 5'2 and I am 5'4. It might be hard for you to understand but when you have people (especially loved ones) continue to put you down often and you hear someone make that kind of comment you're going to believe it. I very rarely have people in real life compliment anything about my appearance. It's one of the reasons why I moved away from my family because I was sick of all the criticism when I tried my hardest to look good. I see them once every couple of months.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:

But I've been told most of my life that my face (and by my MOTHER) is masculine. So I mean, after I heard someone tell me my arms make me less feminine looking, it was just another kick to the self-esteem that was already low. Especially someone that was supposed to be a love interest. But yes, he was actually small and skinny and a little shorter than me. I think he was 5'2 and I am 5'4. It might be hard for you to understand but when you have people (especially loved ones) continue to put you down often and you hear someone make that kind of comment you're going to believe it. I very rarely have people in real life compliment anything about my appearance. It's one of the reasons why I moved away from my family because I was sick of all the criticism when I tried my hardest to look good. I see them once every couple of months.
For me, one who enjoys putting me down is not a "loved one". Thankfully, my mother is a very supportive woman. She taught me how to tackle bullying issues in school.

I feel so sorry that you were mentally abused by your mom, especially at a sensitive teenage age.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:16 PM

161 posts, read 130,010 times
No offense to those that have it, but I just can't deal with muscular women.

Maybe it's just me, but I equate muscular people as being men (although women can be muscular too) and the thought of touching a woman's arm and it being hard as a rock makes me feel like I am with a pretty man. It's just not my cup of tea, so pass.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:59 AM

I like a little all natural muscle on my gal. It motivates me to stay fit.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:54 AM

14,648 posts, read 29,692,844 times
Quote:

Aww, Ashley that is a shame you get that from your own family. Sadly I know a lot of people who have been through that type of emotional "abuse" including my own husband. Anyway, any guy who would make comments like that is definitely a loser and not worth your time. Believe me, your arms look great (more women should have arms like that) and there are guys out there who will appreciate it! A guy that has self-esteem and is thoughtful and confident. They are out there, so don't give up!

And don't hide your arms, SHOW THEM OFF! Just dress feminine when you do!

Old 04-03-2014, 08:23 AM

2,181 posts, read 2,035,415 times
Quote:
Well this is them. I took these a while ago for my sister.

That's flexed:

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...t_20130121.jpg

And that's just straightened out:

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...20130121_1.jpg
yeah that dude was an idiot, don't worry about your arms. Little chicken arms devoid of muscle are a little bit of a turn off for me, I understand why they are so prevalent(most women are afraid of weights) but yeah, some muscle is good.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
yeah that dude was an idiot, don't worry about your arms. Little chicken arms devoid of muscle are a little bit of a turn off for me, I understand why they are so prevalent(most women are afraid of weights) but yeah, some muscle is good.
Yes, that's right. If you have then, then sport them.

I wish my body was muscular. Unfortunately, its soft and plushy . That's slowly changing with gym work though.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:15 AM

686 posts, read 933,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
So I ran across this website and wonder what guys think of women who bodybuild and get muscle-y.

Would you prefer a girl who had a feminine body (not too fat, skinny or muscled) or one who looked like what's on the page below with defined muscles?

https://www.facebook.com/GirlsWithMuscle

(you don't need a FB account to look at this)

Had to "like" this page.

This gal here is the epitome of why fit girls are better than all other girls:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Only thing is, Ive gone through many many many posts on that page and saw very few "bodybuilding" women or as the OP says "women who bodybuild". Bodybuilding women are not attractive, fitness women are the BEST.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty