U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 06:04 PM

26,879 posts, read 28,182,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post

And b) muscle-y men often prefer muscle-y women.
Actually I think muscley men vary more than you'd think. Seems like quite a few don't like muscle-y women.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Status: "Rocktober...well that was fast. :-(" (set 24 days ago)

10,309 posts, read 10,462,290 times
Quote:
It is definitely my general impression that a) muscle-y (lol, funny word) women only like muscle-y men. Hardly any exceptions. And b) muscle-y men often prefer muscle-y women.
Maybe I'm not muscle-y? Actually I'd describe myself as "lean." I'm more into running than weight lifting, though weight training is a crucial ingredient to being a good runner.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:06 PM

26,879 posts, read 28,182,235 times
I have a question for the muscle-y ladies. What about clothing? Especially pants and tailored tops. They seem to have a very narrow definition of expected arm size or thigh size it back size. I have enough trouble getting stuff, things assume different proportions than I have for sure.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:22 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,919,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by high iron View Post
Depends on the woman. Serena Williams is the hottest female to ever draw breath.
She is certainly one of them.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:55 PM

292 posts, read 800,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
As a single, muscular woman and former competitor, I get a full range of reaction from males and females. I get a lot of positive feedback wherever I go, be it the grocery store or the gas station, especially if I'm with my kids since many people assume motherhood and fitness aren't compatible. I get a few guys that tell me my arms are bigger than theirs, but to me that's an issue for them, not for me. I don't lift for their benefit. And I'm not very big in actuality.

On the flip side, I'm not attracted to men without muscle, so that kind of works out. The type of guys who would find my look intimidating are not the type I'd have any interest in anyway. If you're going to consider muscular women "masculine", I suppose you'd have to consider men without muscle "feminine".

Hi Jodie!!
Hi Hotness! Didn't know you hung out here too!

Old 07-10-2013, 06:59 PM

292 posts, read 800,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth;30421955\

It is definitely my general impression that a) muscle-y (lol, funny word) women only like muscle-y men. Hardly any exceptions. And b) muscle-y men often prefer muscle-y women.
I prefer my men either way. It's more about what they have going on inside the head on their shoulders ow than how much muscle they have. My bf is totally not a muscular guy. After years and years as a Coastie, jumping out of helicopters and such he has back issue which prevent him from going. I love him all the same...tummy and all! It's all about how he treats me and vice versa.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:22 PM

245 posts, read 257,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I have a question for the muscle-y ladies. What about clothing? Especially pants and tailored tops. They seem to have a very narrow definition of expected arm size or thigh size it back size. I have enough trouble getting stuff, things assume different proportions than I have for sure.
It's challenging to say the least. Anything that involves sleeves tends not to fit across the back/shoulders. Pants that fit quads have to get taken in at the waist. If I find something that fits well, I tend to get it in a few colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB001 View Post
Hi Hotness! Didn't know you hung out here too!
Just starting. Good to see a friendly face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB001 View Post
I prefer my men either way. It's more about what they have going on inside the head on their shoulders ow than how much muscle they have. My bf is totally not a muscular guy. After years and years as a Coastie, jumping out of helicopters and such he has back issue which prevent him from going. I love him all the same...tummy and all! It's all about how he treats me and vice versa.
By all means, I can't deal with someone that I don't have an intellectual attraction and connect to emotionally. But I definitely have a type.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:27 PM

13,770 posts, read 16,301,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Maybe I'm not muscle-y? Actually I'd describe myself as "lean." I'm more into running than weight lifting, though weight training is a crucial ingredient to being a good runner.
No. Definitely talking about weight lifters or bodybuilder-ish types.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:32 PM

245 posts, read 257,112 times
Quote:
I'm not planning on doing this for those who wanted to know.

Thank you for coming to this thread and contributing!!!

How many hours a week do you need to spend in the gym to maintain your particular musculature?

I train 4-5 days a week for about 45 minutes to an hour. It's not all that time consuming to maintain since I'm not actively trying to grow and I've put in about 12 years to get here.

My impressions - Muscular women tend to like muscular men. Jodie is an exception as she stated, however I'd put it at 80/20 give or take from the conversations I've had with friends. If the man is not muscular, he's usually at least fit.

Muscular men often do not prefer muscular women. They seemingly tend toward more of a 'bikini' look than what I would consider muscular. Fit but not big.

I think most people are comfortable around someone who can understand their lifestyle. If you are going to spend significant time in the gym and eat a certain way you often are better suited to someone who does the same, who gets it. That can be the connection more than the appearance.

If you go out drinking every night and play cards, you're more compatible with someone who goes to bars than someone who works hard at being muscular.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:55 PM

13,770 posts, read 16,301,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
I train 4-5 days a week for about 45 minutes to an hour. It's not all that time consuming to maintain since I'm not actively trying to grow and I've put in about 12 years to get here.

My impressions - Muscular women tend to like muscular men. Jodie is an exception as she stated, however I'd put it at 80/20 give or take from the conversations I've had with friends. If the man is not muscular, he's usually at least fit.

Muscular men often do not prefer muscular women. They seemingly tend toward more of a 'bikini' look than what I would consider muscular. Fit but not big.

I think most people are comfortable around someone who can understand their lifestyle. If you are going to spend significant time in the gym and eat a certain way you often are better suited to someone who does the same, who gets it. That can be the connection more than the appearance.

If you go out drinking every night and play cards, you're more compatible with someone who goes to bars than someone who works hard at being muscular.
Enlightening. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty