U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 10:08 AM

2,775 posts, read 2,590,225 times

Advertisements

I don't shave or trim anything (except stray hairs going in odd places) and I don't require my women to either. I don't have a big fro down south, I keep things clean, and I have only received complements. Just being honest.

I suppose if a guy isn't well endowed shaving will make him appear larger (I heard this from two women in particular that after seeing me basically laughed about previous lovers who had to do this to look "comparatively acceptable" in size), but I don't have that problem (blessed I guess) and honestly the couple times I trimmed my pubes just to try it out, it left sharp-edged hairs which were terrible for my own comfort and I cannot imagine that being comfortable for a woman.

Perhaps women today that prefer shaved men just don't know any better, but if shaving a mustache causes irritation on a woman's lips when making out (I know it does), I can only imagine the irritation on the other lips because a guy shaves his pubic region! I think people spend too much time worrying about hair trimming over all... of course there are cultural norms, but when I see a man with no hair (facial hair included) I feel like they have lost something significant. Male balding is different obviously, but shaving off everything else just seems like a lot of work. You end up having to buy special grooming supplies and products and adding several minutes to your morning routine each day. I have been with women that before me regularly shaved their public region and honestly, once things get hot and heavy it sucks and irritates the hell out of me to feel sharp "stubble," so I got them to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 10:38 AM

10,892 posts, read 13,033,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdGen SFan View Post

I later got into the habit of pulling both my pubic hair and armpit hair out using pliers (with rubber bands wrapped around the jaws for firm gripping of hair)
Lord Jesus..

Old 12-18-2014, 10:47 AM

4,647 posts, read 7,085,489 times
Quote:
Some guys these days shave their armpits, arms & legs...

I used to shave my armpits, when I was a teen, back in the 80s, up into my 20s (then at some point in my 30s started pulling the hair out). Not for appearance but because I used to use deodorant sticks & roll-on, and I didn't feel it made sense to rub deodorant in hair even though my armpits weren't particularly hairy. I also felt cleaner with shaved 'pits.

For a little while, in my late 20s, I shaved off my pubic hair because it made me feel clean... but the itching from stubble was too irritating.

I later got into the habit of pulling both my pubic hair and armpit hair out using pliers (with rubber bands wrapped around the jaws for firm gripping of hair), and for some reason it never caused that irritating pubic itch... but then you have to let the hair grow back long enough each time before pulling it out again, so pulling hair out is only useful for keeping hair trimmed.
Wow! Not only does this sound like way too much maintenance but painfully thought out and in practice.

Guys with no hair- especially arm pit or pubic hair just creep me out (gay guy here).

Men of age are supposed to have hair.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:54 AM

10,892 posts, read 13,033,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post

I suppose if a guy isn't well endowed shaving will make him appear larger (I heard this from two women in particular that after seeing me basically laughed about previous lovers who had to do this to look "comparatively acceptable" in size), but I don't have that problem (blessed I guess) and honestly the couple times I trimmed my pubes just to try it out, it left sharp-edged hairs which were terrible for my own comfort and I cannot imagine that being comfortable for a woman.
Nope, that's a complete myth. Shaving just draws more attention to how small it is! ( And makes the whole area look & feel even more unpleasant lol ) - Sorry fellas, the only thing that can make a small member look larger is photoshop!

Old 12-18-2014, 10:59 AM

21,512 posts, read 22,756,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Well, women of age are supposed to have hair, too, but we've been shamed out if it. Welcome to the club.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:00 AM

15,237 posts, read 23,808,631 times
Quote:
Wow! Not only does this sound like way too much maintenance but painfully thought out and in practice.

Guys with no hair- especially arm pit or pubic hair just creep me out (gay guy here).

absolutely !!!!

Old 12-18-2014, 02:49 PM

391 posts, read 889,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Well, women of age are supposed to have hair, too, but we've been shamed out if it. Welcome to the club.
Right? Guys are so quick to put down and ridicule the idea of a man shaving, but when the subject of women not shaving comes up, crickets...

Old 12-18-2014, 03:49 PM

11,685 posts, read 13,114,448 times
Quote:
....I later got into the habit of pulling both my pubic hair and armpit hair out using pliers (with rubber bands wrapped around the jaws for firm gripping of hair)....
OMG. Not even with a general anesthetic!

But I'm sure there are XXX web sites that would pay for a video of this routine.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:59 PM

11,685 posts, read 13,114,448 times
Maybe some guys could start a trend of doing little "dreadies" with their pubic hair.

Kinder than pliers, and certainly more on the "green" side, so to speak, than the scream side.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:28 PM

735 posts, read 684,084 times
Quote:

Armpit & pubic hair is all I ever regularly removed.

I never really cared about what looks right, I cared about my comfort & feeling clean. Nobody but myself sees me naked, so the looks of my pubic region doesn't matter. People have teased me about my armpits in the past, though, but I didn't care.

However, I haven't taken any time to remove any armpit or pubic hair or even trimmed in several years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty