U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 09:26 PM

23,605 posts, read 30,327,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Wow, I had no idea men shave way more than women do and more places it appears.....

I actually think that is quite funny, no wonder it takes them so long to get ready to go somewhere.....
They should be ashamed. Girly-men!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 09:28 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,802,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
They should be ashamed. Girly-men!

I bet I don't even shave as much as some of these guys and even less since my auto immune disease kicked in. One of the symptoms/side effects of this disease is reduced body hair.

I still think it is hysterical that so many men shave so much.......who knew

Old 07-23-2013, 09:47 PM

29,580 posts, read 31,907,081 times
This is too funny! As a woman I don't shave much and never really did, pits and legs as needed and trim for bathing suit season if necessary. Now, I'm light and fair not dark and hairy so that makes a huge difference I'm sure. I've never been with a guy who shaved more than his face and my ex was a bit hairy and getting more with age but there was never any talk of shaving it off or waxing, I've only seen guys do that in movies. I read stuff on these forums and you'd think nobody ever had sexy play time before waxing came along, or that it was "just gross". Foolish young people.

I totally think it's an age thing. Some young men would probably be scared if they saw a naked girl with pubic hair....lol.

If men want to do this I have no opinion but no man would have to do it for my sake unless he was abnormally hairy.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:24 AM

23,605 posts, read 30,327,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I will forgive you any shortcoming (pun!!) for enlightening me with that quote, I love it.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:25 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,444,237 times
Hubby does not, and for that I'm thankful - it's odd, unmanly, unnecessary, and more evidence of our inability as a society to embrace our bodies as they are.

FWIW I don't shave my nether regions either, just my legs and pits.

I'm 36, he's 37.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:27 PM

27,476 posts, read 17,629,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
Hubby does not, and for that I'm thankful - it's odd, unmanly, unnecessary, and more evidence of our inability as a society to embrace our bodies as they are.

FWIW I don't shave my nether regions either, just my legs and pits.

I'm 36, he's 37.

To each their own, I just don't get how people can use this as an example. Along with cutting hair, styling and possibly make-up, in the case of women.

"I remove the hair I find acceptable, anything other than that is not embracing our bodies as they are."
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 08-01-2013, 03:42 PM

3,558 posts, read 4,139,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
and more evidence of our inability as a society to embrace our bodies as they are.
That statement just echos the same excuse people use for being overweight. However nature didn't give us all the gross man made processed food that makes people fat.

Does your husband shave his face? Why do you shave your pits and legs? How are they any different?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-01-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
That statement just echos the same excuse people use for being overweight. However nature didn't give us all the gross man made processed food that makes people fat.

Does your husband shave his face? Why do you shave your pits and legs? How are they any different?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Point taken. I simply mean that it seems odd to me that we're so put off by something that 30 years ago was sexy.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:46 AM

628 posts, read 1,042,145 times
First of all, the clear distinct non-changing definitions of "manliness" and "womanliness" DO NOT EXIST. These words will have different meanings in every culture and to every individual.

Do what you want with your own body no matter what or who you are!

Second, me personally: I LOVE hair, I LOVE smoothness, but most of all, I LOVE people who not only embrace their natural selves, but who are PROUD of it!

It's sexy and respectable to me someone who embraces their natural self, LOVES their natural self, and who is PROUD of their natural self!

I say from me to you, "Women be PROUD of your natural selves! If you got fur ALL over like a tigeress EMBRACE IT YOU ARE SEXY! If you are naturally smooth EMBRACE IT YOU ARE SEXY!"

"Men be PROUD of your natural selves! If you got fur all over like a mountain lion EMBRACE IT YOU ARE SEXY! If you are naturally smooth EMBRACE IT YOU ARE SEXY!"

Whatever you got, whatever you don't got, no matter if you are a man, a woman, or whatever you are, be PROUD, you are awesome and sexy just the way you are, BUT IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE SOMETHING ABOUT YOURSELF TO MAKE YOU HAPPY, NO ONE ELSE, THEN GO AHEAD DO IT BE PROUD IT'S ALL GOOD!~

After all that is said and done, you got to live for you.

Last edited by ColorsWolf; 08-02-2013 at 01:29 AM..

Old 08-02-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
First of all, the clear distinct non-changing definitions of "manliness" and "womanliness" DO NOT EXIST. These words will have different meanings in every culture and to every individual.

Do what you want with your own body no matter what or who you are!

Second, me personally: I LOVE hair, I LOVE smoothness, but most of all, I LOVE people who not only embrace their natural selves, but who are PROUD of it!

It's sexy and respectable to me someone who embraces their natural self, LOVES their natural self, and who is PROUD of their natural self!

I say from me to you, "Women be PROUD of your natural selves! If you got fur ALL over like a tigeress EMBRACE IT YOU ARE SEXY! If you are naturally smooth EMBRACE IT YOU ARE SEXY!"

"Men be PROUD of your natural selves! If you got fur all over like a mountain lion EMBRACE IT YOU ARE SEXY! If you are naturally smooth EMBRACE IT YOU ARE SEXY!"

Whatever you got, whatever you don't got, no matter if you are a man, a woman, or whatever you are, be PROUD, you are awesome and sexy just the way you are, BUT IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE SOMETHING ABOUT YOURSELF TO MAKE YOU HAPPY, NO ONE ELSE, THEN GO AHEAD DO IT BE PROUD IT'S ALL GOOD!~

After all that is said and done, you got to live for you.

Just be yourself! I don't really care what anyone else does with body hair, man or woman. What bothers me is this attitude that somehow, because I choose not to shave my pubic hair, or my husband chooses to not shave his chest hair, that somehow we're these dirty unclean hippie wannabes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty