Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 04:36 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times

Advertisements

When Marie Osmond was interviewed after appearing on Dancing With the Stars, she was asked if she had considered a tummy tuck [after 9 kids]....her reply. "Naw, I consider myself an UPSCALE Shar-Pei"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 04:50 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryfield View Post
OK, I do have to say something here. Not to be a total downer, but...just think for a minute about breast implants. Do you really want to put a foreign object full of silicone in your body? Or saline, but the shells are still made of silicone and many many toxins. Many women don't have problems, but some women react terribly to the chemicals in the implants. With all the numbers of them going in, taking them out is going to be a HUGE business I'm convinced! Also, many PSs won't tell you this, but did you know they are only FDA approved for 10 years and they recommend an MRI at year 3 and every year after that to make sure they aren't broken (and the MRIs are not covered by insurance)? So you're guaranteeing yourself ongoing expenses and surgeries...

Get a lift--you may not be as big, but you won't be sticking chemicals into your system and having to undergo future surgeries!!
Not everyone can just have the lift - some of us have to have an implant in there along with the lift or the lift won't look right. I had both. I originally had 34C's (pre-baby days) but after having babies and breastfeeding they looked terrible. While breastfeeding, my boobs were stretched out to some ridiculous size like an E cup - whatever it was, because I was still a small framed person, they didn't make my size. Granted I was at that time probably a 38 around, until I got back to my regular weight. After all the milk was gone, I was left with a huge amount of excess saggy skin and boobs that looked like pancakes that hung down to my hips! Seriously - and if that wasn't bad enough, they weren't even the same length!!!!! In order to fix my chest and make me look normal again, it was necessary to not only have a lift, but to anchor it with an implant (and some skin removal). I will admit, since I had to have an implant anyway, I opted to go to a 34DD. After January I will be replacing these implants with a smaller size. Maybe a 34C again, but definitely not bigger than a 34D.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:54 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Not everyone can just have the lift - some of us have to have an implant in there along with the lift or the lift won't look right. I had both. I originally had 34C's (pre-baby days) but after having babies and breastfeeding they looked terrible. While breastfeeding, my boobs were stretched out to some ridiculous size like an E cup - whatever it was, because I was still a small framed person, they didn't make my size. Granted I was at that time probably a 38 around, until I got back to my regular weight. After all the milk was gone, I was left with a huge amount of excess saggy skin and boobs that looked like pancakes that hung down to my hips! Seriously - and if that wasn't bad enough, they weren't even the same length!!!!! In order to fix my chest and make me look normal again, it was necessary to not only have a lift, but to anchor it with an implant (and some skin removal). I will admit, since I had to have an implant anyway, I opted to go to a 34DD. After January I will be replacing these implants with a smaller size. Maybe a 34C again, but definitely not bigger than a 34D.
You dont need to defend your decision to have a boob job. Nothing wrong with it at all. i had one, best deicision I made. I had the same problems, four kids, four breastfeeding kids. Took it's toll for sure. I ended up with a very saggy B now I have a D and they are perfect to me. Now I just got to fix the tummy!!

Old 11-14-2007, 04:58 PM

168 posts, read 1,212,189 times
Quote:
I hear you about post-baby boobs! Sounds like yours were quite saggy (no offense!). I just don't agree that there is such thing as too saggy for a lift...you woulnd't be as big of course with a lift, but with a really good plastic surgeon, a lift can be done on anyone, and can remove all excess skin and reposition the nipples, etc. I don't understand why PSs suggest women NEED implants, except perhaps that putting implants in is easier than doing a really good lift. Dr. Lu Jean Feng in OH does a lot of explants, leaving women with really saggy breasts, and she then does excellent lifts (she's a microsurgeon...a really good one). Many of the women she's done say they got talked into implants for the same reason you're saying, but after explanting and going to Feng for a big-time lift, they look great.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox...it's just something I feel really strongly about and I think it's a crime that they are being put into so many women when so little independent research (and no long-term research) has been done.

All I can say to anyone considering getting implants, is check out explantation.com first.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
You dont need to defend your decision to have a boob job. Nothing wrong with it at all. i had one, best deicision I made. I had the same problems, four kids, four breastfeeding kids. Took it's toll for sure. I ended up with a very saggy B now I have a D and they are perfect to me. Now I just got to fix the tummy!!
Thanks. I don't really care what people think, but I thought the statement about just getting the lift needed some clarification. A lot of us can't just have a lift. BTW, I've had these implants for 14 years and have not had any problems with them, except that it's hard to find clothes! I wear a 2 or a 4 and they never accommodate my boobs!

Old 11-14-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryfield View Post
I hear you about post-baby boobs! Sounds like yours were quite saggy (no offense!). I just don't agree that there is such thing as too saggy for a lift...you woulnd't be as big of course with a lift, but with a really good plastic surgeon, a lift can be done on anyone, and can remove all excess skin and reposition the nipples, etc. I don't understand why PSs suggest women NEED implants, except perhaps that putting implants in is easier than doing a really good lift. Dr. Lu Jean Feng in OH does a lot of explants, leaving women with really saggy breasts, and she then does excellent lifts (she's a microsurgeon...a really good one). Many of the women she's done say they got talked into implants for the same reason you're saying, but after explanting and going to Feng for a big-time lift, they look great.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox...it's just something I feel really strongly about and I think it's a crime that they are being put into so many women when so little independent research (and no long-term research) has been done.

All I can say to anyone considering getting implants, is check out explantation.com first.
I hear what you're saying, but that is not the case for every woman. I had an excellent surgeon. I actually flew to the Bay area to have him do me. I used Ronald Gruber. He came highly recommended to me.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I don't really care what people think, but I thought the statement about just getting the lift needed some clarification. A lot of us can't just have a lift. BTW, I've had these implants for 14 years and have not had any problems with them, except that it's hard to find clothes! I wear a 2 or a 4 and they never accommodate my boobs!
I couldnt get a lift either, not enough internal tissue just skin. I have had mine for 10 years now, I am thinking I will replace them with the silicone in a year or two. Tummy First. I know the shirt issue can be a pain. I wear a 6 or 7 and have a hard time finding shirts that are not so tight my boobs look like they are going to pop out!!

Old 11-14-2007, 05:08 PM

168 posts, read 1,212,189 times
Everyone CAN get a lift.You might mean you couldn't have a lift and be big, but you can have NOTHING and still have a lift which puts everything "up" in the right place. But..not all PSs can do a good lift, and of course there are MANY types of lifts and again, not all surgeons can do them, and certainly they won't tell you if they don't! If you're tiny (minimal breast tissue) and need a lift, you need a surgeon who specializes in this. If a surgeon tells you you don't have enough tissue for a lift, then you're talking to the wrong surgeon for you..again, if you go to explantation.com you'll find many women who have had lifts with no breast tissue--just skin. And it turned out well.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:17 PM

I didnt need a lift, I needed to be filled. I had one of the best surgeons on the west coast, saw three actually all told me the same thing. That i would have almost no breasts if I had a lift. No thanks. I love my implants, I didnt go to big like Pam Anderson,and they are still where they should be and no scars. I went to the site ( are there any photos?), my doctor is on the recommended list.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:40 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
Quote:
Yeah...same here too.
BTW....a lift sometimes leaves BIGGER scars then a breast implant!
I also agree, that ...ok, some want a lift, but the surgeon has to work with tissue which is already there.
So, no bigger boobs to have.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty