U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 08:10 PM

31,165 posts, read 57,302,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Not trying to be lame,but Oprah isn't married.
I think the op is talking about obese women being successful in their love lives?
One of these things is not like the other. Not to mention that marriage does not always equal success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
So, to answer your question: Yes, I did give up on myself.
Depression is hardly giving up on yourself. It's a disease that no one asks for, and the medications that treat it are not always kind to the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Madeleine Albright is someone I've always thought of as ugly,
No doubt she'd return the compliment.

Quote:
Is something wrong with my attitude toward obese people? Maybe.
Not maybe. Yes.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:07 PM

803 posts, read 1,300,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
People with good genes don't have these problems.
lol... my metabolism is low, not carb-efficient, and I have an endo-mesomorph bodytype. Not exactly superior genes, but with diet and exercise, I am able to maintain a lean, healthy figure. Hell, I was pretty sedentary and 20-30 pounds overweight until I was about 20 years old. Losing that was quite a challenge for me at the time.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:13 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,816,014 times
With all the quotes, videos and supposed studies that have been found online I had forgotten that it ALL MUST BE TRUE

just because SOMEONE put it ONLINE.....

Old 07-14-2013, 09:21 PM

2,630 posts, read 2,115,158 times
That probably isn't enough daily protein (meaning starvation mode), and a person can exercise without leaving the house (or even 'wasting' more than a few minutes at a time). As for moi, my life isn't anywhere near perfect. For example, years ago, I did take oral steroids for at least a few weeks. It did not cause me noticeable weight gain. I took antidepressants for longer than that - no weight gain. That makes me skeptical that many people get very heavy from medication alone. Almost definitely there is no formal research on causes of significant weight gain (that would require either very close, lengthy monitoring or unreliable retrospective accounts). I'd be surprised if medication is a factor in most cases (although I'd bet it's more common in women, who take more medication than men do).

Mod cut: Rude; very rude.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-16-2013 at 10:59 AM..

Old 07-14-2013, 09:38 PM

2,630 posts, read 2,115,158 times
I don't know who that is directed at, but there is data to support the claim of laziness.
CDC: 80 percent of American adults don't get recommended exercise - CBS News
Personally, I believe diet has more of an impact than exercise on weight.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:28 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,890,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
With all the quotes, videos and supposed studies that have been found online I had forgotten that it ALL MUST BE TRUE

just because SOMEONE put it ONLINE.....
You don't like CT Fletcher? Ross of RossBoxing.Com does. That's how I first got hip to CT Fletcher.

Ross put up one or two of CT Fletcher's videos.

Ross is white and All American, so, you should like him. Your Top Source For Free Boxing Training Advice and RossTraining.com Blog

I occasionally read his blog.

Here is something had on one of the pages of his blog about losing weight.

RossTraining.com Blog

Quote:
December 11th, 2012 | Category: Inspirational
The video below highlights a young girl’s inspiring story of weight loss after starting her life as an obese child.

Obese Girl, Breanna Bond Loses 66 Pounds, Maintains Healthy Diet - YouTube

Excerpts.
Quote:
Breanna’s parents did not follow any revolutionary exercise or diet plans. Their approach was quite simple. They cut back on her caloric intake and increased her activity.
Quote:
As for her success with a simplistic approach, it is no surprise to me. Over the years, I have chronicled numerous weight loss stories that utilized similar methods.
See... if you never ate and kept running you'd start to lose weight at some point. People don't gain weight by looking at food. You need to eat though. But you can still exercise.

That crazy a___ Cuban will put you on a diet of nothing but fish, salad, and water. That's it. And work you with exercises until you want to die or pass out. Day after day.

HOT MAMI BRINGS BABY MAMA DRAMA - OPERATION OSMIN - YouTube

Old 07-14-2013, 10:46 PM

7,497 posts, read 9,277,699 times
No. Some people gain weight quicker and easier than others and more than lifestyle plays a role.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:57 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,794,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
No. Some people gain weight quicker and easier than others and more than lifestyle plays a role.
Yep. I know plenty of very thin people who eat crap and never exercise. I also know a few overweight/obese people who regularly run 5ks and half marathons. I think genes and metabolism play a much larger part than what people here are saying.

Oh, and about the celebrities that were posted and comments about how they're able to 'stay in shape'? Ya know what? Give me enough money to hire a personal trainer and nutritionist plus all the super healthy food I can eat and watch how fast I get into shape.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Yeah, I know this. I unfortunately was given an ectomorph body.

I built a fairly nice chest for myself from years of lifting. I took a lot of protein powders and stuff too. I spent a lot more money than I should have or needed to.

Fact is, the route to gaining muscle mass or losing weight is a lot more simple than what most of us bought into.

Sorry, that's the way it is.

While people may often have a combination of these types of bodies, if one is endomorph they will just have to work harder to keep weight off. Conversely, if one is ectomorph they will have to work harder to gain weight/muscle mass.

Mesomorphs are lucky. So what.

Americans are the second fattest people on earth. Period.

No excuses will change that.

The whole earth would be as fat as Americans are in terms of our rates of obesity if being overweight was not directly connected to what we eat and how much we exercise. Period.

Ross of RossBoxing.Com is a big promoter of the idea simple workout plans and even simple diet changes can make huge differences in how we look and feel. He's white. I know Americans are so nice a people they are not divided on the Trayvon/Zimmeramn thing. So, white the creator of RossBoxing says it too.

(Ross is into homemade equipment too. He seems to think Americans are way to physically slothful.)

Old 07-14-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yep. I know plenty of very thin people who eat crap and never exercise. I also know a few overweight/obese people who regularly run 5ks and half marathons. I think genes and metabolism play a much larger part than what people here are saying.

Oh, and about the celebrities that were posted and comments about how they're able to 'stay in shape'? Ya know what? Give me enough money to hire a personal trainer and nutritionist plus all the super healthy food I can eat and watch how fast I get into shape.
#1. If genes where the end story none of that would matter.

#2. No one really needs all that just to stay slim.

Americans have more excuses than a little bit.

If a person does not eat the body will begin feeding on itself, so to speak. The body does not derive energy by magic.

I don't care if some have it harder. Don't care. I'm ectomorph for good or bad, but either way if my chest is not as big as I would like it then its my fault.

Now go in the thread about the white guy from Goldman Sachs getting knocked out and complain in there how unfair the other guy that hit him was. Plenty are. Just like plenty on the left have zero empathy for those fat guys (or one of those short guys that frequently complains).

But I tell you what. You Americans the second fattest people on planet earth keep making excuses for yourselves. I'll make none for me and just keep getting better. That's how I'll beat these new "losers" on earth called Americans. So will the Brazilian, Chinese and others. (To bad the Mexicans blew up past Americans to be the fattest people on earth.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or