U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 10:13 AM

832 posts, read 1,313,814 times

Advertisements

Oh definitely prefer to look at the "slightly overweight" man. "Slightly underweight" would be just ok if he's also short, but if he's tall forget about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 10:13 AM

4,827 posts, read 4,648,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Either one. I'll take the smart one with good manners out of those 2. Bonus points if he laughs easily.

Also, instant rejection for either one of them if he doesn't treat me like I am a human being.
This.

My boyfriend is a little overweight (he is 6ft 4 and weighs 232 and can stand to lose 20 pounds or so) but he is the kindest, sweetest man I have ever met and he is not a couch potato which is good. Meanwhile my ex-husband who is a gym rat with a 6 pack isn't worth the oxygen he breathes.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:27 AM

10,864 posts, read 18,902,231 times
My husband was underweight when I met him...his legs were about as big around as my arms, no muscle anywhere. I like to ride bikes, go walking, swim...anything to get off the couch and get going, so I taught him how to ride a bike and how to swim (couldn't teach him to walk for exercise without whining ) I also fed him more regularly than he ate on his own, and he gained weight. At one point, he got up to 260 (he's 5'7") and then back down to 160. He's been back to 200, then lost a little of the weight. Right now he's 189 and he thinks he's really thin.

Depression and quitting smoking have probably made the biggest changes in his weight (big loss with depression, slight gain when he quit smoking). I actually prefer him with a little bit of chub, he's more cuddly that way.

The only time his weight changes have ever bothered me was when I was pregnant with our second child and he was depressed. He quit eating the whole time I was pregnant, and he also wouldn't hug me or do anything else physical with me (he says he was afraid I wouldn't survive the birth, whatever). As soon as the baby was born, he was ready to be intimate again. He had lost 100 lbs and he felt like a completely different person to me, since we hadn't been intimate at all during the weight loss. It took a while to get used to the difference in him, and he thought I was just being difficult.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:58 AM

1,829 posts, read 851,687 times
It depends on what I am planning to use him for

Old 07-15-2013, 02:03 PM

13,320 posts, read 19,665,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKidMaadCity View Post
If you had to choose a preference between a thin man who is slightly underweight with a flat stomach and hardly any body fat.... or a slightly chubby man with a bit more more bodyfat and a slight stomach pudge.... which one would you choose?

slightly underweight/thin?

or slightly overweight/chubby?
The second...thin and underweight just doesn't work. The pudge is fine.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:12 PM
xqt

76 posts, read 100,829 times
Underweight. (on both genders)

Old 07-15-2013, 07:22 PM

14,072 posts, read 20,148,932 times
Over-I like meat not bones

Old 07-15-2013, 08:22 PM

15,732 posts, read 17,295,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
A person starts a thread asking women how they feel about weight and size on a man and the OP gets a bunch of typical female answers talking about the lifestyle he can provide, personality ect... Just answer the damm question.

To the OP, I've been around for a bit and I notice a lot of pretty women with fatties for a significant other. I usually assume that these men are doing really well financially and pay the rent, or more to address your original question, many women secretly prefer a guy with a bit of a gut b/c it allows them to get one themselves eventually.

A fit/lean man will leave a woman or sleep around b/c he'll probably have more options. Unless he lives in a town with a small population where there aren't many options.
I mentioned "lifestyle"...didn't see anyone else mention it. But if you actually READ the post it never said the "lifestyle he can provide". You play the victim well...LOL

I meant HIS lifestyle. I would prefer the slightly overweight person. However, if he eats twinkies and fast food and doesn't get up and move off the couch, he's not the one for me because his lifestyle doesn't match mine.

Likewise if he's thin and eats processed food and crap, he's not the one for me either. I don't eat crap-food and I don't really have tolerance for someone who incorporates it as the bulk of their diet. I couldn't dine with someone like this and I couldn't cook for someone like this. Different lifestyles.

Now if he's slightly overweight and it's simply because his calorie intake doesn't match his output, then that is okay with me.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:32 PM

3,469 posts, read 6,937,928 times
Neither is a big deal if he's otherwise attractive & proportioned well, but if I had to choose one, then I'd go with underweight because I tend to prefer people on the thinner side, aesthetically that is.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:29 AM

3 posts, read 2,602 times
I always thought that I'd never date a super skinny guy... I like them a little thicker. My current boyfriend of 3 years is a tall string bean. I don't even think he could put on the weight if he wanted. I think he has a really high metabolism. He also is super hot temperature wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty