U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 01:34 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,728,779 times

Advertisements

I think a toe ring or an ankle bracelet can look cute so long as it's with the right outfit and on the right occasion. With a cute sundress on a weekend brunch date, adorable. With your navy blue suit in court? Not so much.

Unfortunately, I've never found a toe ring that I found comfortable.

I also don't think multiple toe rings looks very nice. (I also don't like multiple rings per hand.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 08:45 PM

862 posts, read 1,107,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
I think a toe ring or an ankle bracelet can look cute so long as it's with the right outfit and on the right occasion. With a cute sundress on a weekend brunch date, adorable. With your navy blue suit in court? Not so much.

Unfortunately, I've never found a toe ring that I found comfortable.

I also don't think multiple toe rings looks very nice. (I also don't like multiple rings per hand.)
Nice. Simple and elegant without attracting too much attention.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:44 PM

17,568 posts, read 21,741,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I've worn them on occasion, they tend to come and go in trendiness...anklets don't bother me, but toe rings can be annoying, until you get used to them being there. They sometimes look nice and beachy with sandals. Depends on if you have nice feet or not.
I agree with this. IF and this is a big IF , you have nice feet and maintain them well, a simple silver or gem stone anklet can look nice in the Summer. I'll add nice legs are needed and appropriate clothes.

If the anklet is gold and involves hearts, it's a fashion NO - and always has been a bit trashy. Like "Johnny loves Britni" - no no no.

I have a simple silver anklet that I wear in the Summer when my legs are tanned. I have a turquoise anklet that I also wear with certain fun clothes.

I'd wear them with shorts, a sundress or some thing similar. But not to a professional job.

Toe rings are just ugly. I just don't think anyone has feet so great that they should command that much attention.

Rings are for fingers.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:22 AM

19 posts, read 42,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
I don't care one way or another what other people wear. I've never worn any myself - but more because they look uncomfortable to me.
Me too,I don't care what other people wear.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I agree with this. IF and this is a big IF , you have nice feet and maintain them well, a simple silver or gem stone anklet can look nice in the Summer. I'll add nice legs are needed and appropriate clothes.

If the anklet is gold and involves hearts, it's a fashion NO - and always has been a bit trashy. Like "Johnny loves Britni" - no no no.

I have a simple silver anklet that I wear in the Summer when my legs are tanned. I have a turquoise anklet that I also wear with certain fun clothes.

I'd wear them with shorts, a sundress or some thing similar. But not to a professional job.

Toe rings are just ugly. I just don't think anyone has feet so great that they should command that much attention.

Rings are for fingers.
I can agree with you but not entirely.

Toe rings are a common fashion accessory by women in the Middle East and in Indian culture.

I strongly believe that having great feet from a cleanliness point of view is reflective of good grooming habits and paying attention to ones overall hygene.

Physically, it's a matter of personal taste as to who's feet and toes look good with rings and jewelry on them. By rule, women who show freshly polished, well pedicured toes with feet that are well taken care of always look better with or without foot jewelry.

I think women with slightly longer toes might be a tad better suited for wearing toe rings. IMO it looks more practical for ladies to have a more distinguished toe length for the rings to fit better, just like they are worn on fingers.

The best womens feet I've seen with toe rings and foot jewelry belong to women with larger feet and longer toes. Also, I think the sandals that a woman chooses to wear plays a significant role in the appeal of her feet. Her toes and and foot jewelry adds to the presentation.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:49 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,784,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
My husband loves the look of an anklet, but I don't wear jewelry on my feet or ankles. I don't like the feel and most toe rings are made from cheap metal that turns your skin green when you wear them. The closest I may get to foot jewelry is a rhinestone or crystal design on the polish on my big toes.
Take clear nail polish and use it on the inside of rings that turn your skin green I love gaudy, cheap jewelry so I have that issue a lot.

I do have a very slim silver toe ring that I wear here and there...but not too terribly often. I'm planning on getting the top of my right foot tattooed so after that, no more jewelry because it would be too busy.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Take clear nail polish and use it on the inside of rings that turn your skin green I love gaudy, cheap jewelry so I have that issue a lot.

I do have a very slim silver toe ring that I wear here and there...but not too terribly often. I'm planning on getting the top of my right foot tattooed so after that, no more jewelry because it would be too busy.
It's painful place to get one like the wrists so I've been told.

I think a toe ring would still look pretty cool and sexy with a foot tattoo but I can see your point about the look being too busy.

Subtle is always best IMO. Saw a girl on the subway with the top of her foot tattooed as well as a tattoo around her big toe and she had one toe ring on each foot. Didn't look that busy but it might be for some ladies.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:46 PM

162 posts, read 381,520 times
I wear a silver anklet on each ankle. I received them as a present when I was in India and have only removed them for surgeries. (going on 12 years now)

Old 08-05-2013, 09:03 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,518,037 times
I have pretty feet and like to wear anklets, usually on one ankle, and sometimes toe rings, too (one of each foot).

As a kid in the 50's and early-60's I remember loving the anklets on the "grown-up girls", then it disappeared for a few decades. When it came back I bought so many of them.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I have pretty feet and like to wear anklets, usually on one ankle, and sometimes toe rings, too (one of each foot).

As a kid in the 50's and early-60's I remember loving the anklets on the "grown-up girls", then it disappeared for a few decades. When it came back I bought so many of them.
Nice.

One toe ring on each foot in a nice pair of flat thongs is sexy to me, especially when supported by a nice pedicure. Multiple toe rings look really good when they are separated. Just my opinion, but I would think the girls with longer toes pull off toe rings better.

Dated one woman who wore toe rings on her second and fourth toes on one foot and sometimes just one of the middle toe of the other. The odd time she would wear two on each foot, always alternating the toes. She said it was uncomfortable to wear toe rings beside each toe and she wears her finger jewelry the same way.

I'm not a huge fan of those big toe, toe rings that some girls wear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty