U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 09:00 AM

26,865 posts, read 28,137,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
I fully agree regarding instances like that.

My example was more in general. If I see an obese woman at the mall wearing tiny little shorts, it looks trashy and disgusting. If I see a fit girl wearing them, it doesn't.

At the gym, when fit girls have small volleyball type shorts on, it can be pretty normal. When really really big girls with bad skin and cellulite wear something like that, it's trashy and disgusting.

Same goes with tight tops, tube tops, etc. It looks normal on a normal looking girl at the mall. If a girl is obese it looks trashy when her shirt is skin tight.
You are confusing fit with your personal preferences.

Everyone looks terrible when they are wearing clothes that do not fit correctly. (And sometimes that can translate into trashy. Other times it is just not flattering.)

I am a on the conservative end, so in my book, something like a tube top is pretty iffy. There are very few people it works on, mostly because of the combo of no support for your chest and limited occasions it is appropriate for. Or on the other side those bandage dresses that are all the rage. They can be cute if not too tight. Most of the time people wear them too tight. No matter what their shape or size is. (They also look better on a proportionate figure in my book).
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 10:45 AM

2,858 posts, read 6,200,239 times
Quote:
I fully agree regarding instances like that.

My example was more in general. If I see an obese woman at the mall wearing tiny little shorts, it looks trashy and disgusting. If I see a fit girl wearing them, it doesn't.

At the gym, when fit girls have small volleyball type shorts on, it can be pretty normal. When really really big girls with bad skin and cellulite wear something like that, it's trashy and disgusting.

Same goes with tight tops, tube tops, etc. It looks normal on a normal looking girl at the mall. If a girl is obese it looks trashy when her shirt is skin tight.

Geeze I wish I had your mindset lol. Even with my waist being at 33 in it should probably be more like 31.5... I would never consider myself having a small waist where it's currently at. Luckily my shoulders are big (52.5 in.) and my chest is 46 in. so it makes my waist looks smaller than it actually is.

My gf has a 25.5" waist and look healthy and normal. Not overly thin by any means but def. not fat either.

Back 10-15 years ago, I'd say 34 in was average. Now I think its 36 in...maybe even 38 in. I get called skinny all the time now.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:26 AM

3,558 posts, read 4,138,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Back 10-15 years ago, I'd say 34 in was average. Now I think its 36 in...maybe even 38 in. I get called skinny all the time now.
Wait, are you male or female? First youre talking about your penis and then on the same page you talked about you knowing how big breasted women feel haha.

If you're a dude that makes way more sense.

My shirts are either skin tight up top and normal in the stomach, or normal up top but look like a night gown below lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-18-2013, 11:27 AM

4,506 posts, read 5,253,259 times
I like sundresses, but you can put a trashy lady into a sundress and it looks trashy on her even though a classy lady will sport it nicely.

Things that drop someone towards the trashy side for me:

Tattoos...especially multiple, large or sleeved
Fake boobs
Smoking
Swearing
Ghetto talk
Too much make-up
Hair over done
Can't walk in heels gracefully...some look like they're walking up stairs or doing tires
Poor posture

Old 07-18-2013, 12:17 PM

2,858 posts, read 6,200,239 times
Quote:
Wait, are you male or female? First youre talking about your penis and then on the same page you talked about you knowing how big breasted women feel haha.

If you're a dude that makes way more sense.

My shirts are either skin tight up top and normal in the stomach, or normal up top but look like a night gown below lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Same exact problem! And yea I'm a dude.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:00 PM

9,086 posts, read 1,186,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikake View Post

I wore this today.
LoL. Nice. Does it come in red too?

Old 07-18-2013, 02:16 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,598,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconess View Post
LoL. Nice. Does it come in red too?
I don't know

Old 07-18-2013, 04:33 PM

2,224 posts, read 2,865,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Same exact problem! And yea I'm a dude.
Thirded. I've got very big lats, and they can be a problem with some shirts.

As for the original topic: I guess it's about leaving stuff to the imagination. Showing a little bit can still be classy, but if it's all out on display, that's trashy.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:26 PM

14,790 posts, read 13,477,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
Regardless of size whether thin or curvy if the item is too small and parts are hanging out I think it looks trashy. I was behind this lady who had small shorts on. She was average sized but her rear end was coming out the bottom. If a person wears a tank top some cleavage is ok but when a person is hanging out it does not look classy.
I understand it is hot out but a couple extra inches of clothing is not going to make a huge difference in temp control.
I agree.
Leave something to the imagination, regardless of size/shape.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:31 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,784,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
I like sundresses, but you can put a trashy lady into a sundress and it looks trashy on her even though a classy lady will sport it nicely.

Things that drop someone towards the trashy side for me:

Tattoos...especially multiple, large or sleeved
Fake boobs
Smoking
Swearing
Ghetto talk
Too much make-up
Hair over done
Can't walk in heels gracefully...some look like they're walking up stairs or doing tires
Poor posture
This is one of the reasons I don't worry about looking 'trashy'....I have a sleeve of tattoos so no matter what I do, or what I wear I'll be considered trashy by a large portion of the population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty