U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2013, 08:12 PM

119 posts, read 198,064 times

Advertisements

MEN: Give me one or two examples of outfits you consider attractive, sexy, and classy and contrast it with outfit(s) you find easy-looking, too promiscuous, sexy.

I want to know what type of summer fashions I can wear as to still be taken seriously by men in the warmer months and what to avoid so I don't look like a harlot. I have D cups, not sure if that means I should cover up more.

Keep in mind, this is more related to summer clothing but I'm also interested in other types of clothing.

During the summer months, a lot of young women like myself wear very little. I prefer to wear as little as possibly but find myself sometimes crossing the line between classy and trashy.

I think women and men have different ideas of what constitutes an "easy girl" look.

As a woman, I know the "rules" from other woman. Dresses and skirts should pass the grandma fingertips rule, shorts shouldn't show buttcheek, and when possible only show one "part" (either legs or cleavage, never both!).

The few men I have talked to about this seem to be even more conservative than women.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 09:09 PM

26,864 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Depends on the man and his aspirations. .

Personally I think a pencil skirt is always sexy classy. A sundress is hit or miss depending on fit and your shape (non busty ladies have more leeway in this department). And for shorts it depends on the top or occasion.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:48 PM

2,612 posts, read 4,586,684 times
I think the only show "one" rule is the most important. However, when you're really curvy, you're probably showing "one" no matter what, since your shape itself is sexy. So regardless of what shows, if all the clothes are skin tight, that's also trashy IMO. Exceptions might be going out at night and trying to look super sexy - but still, I think it would go into trashy if you added skin-tight to either lots of leg or cleavage with a curvy figure.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:09 PM

2,797 posts, read 2,511,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micio View Post
MEN: Give me one or two examples of outfits you consider attractive, sexy, and classy and contrast it with outfit(s) you find easy-looking, too promiscuous, sexy.

I want to know what type of summer fashions I can wear as to still be taken seriously by men in the warmer months and what to avoid so I don't look like a harlot. I have D cups, not sure if that means I should cover up more.

Keep in mind, this is more related to summer clothing but I'm also interested in other types of clothing.

During the summer months, a lot of young women like myself wear very little. I prefer to wear as little as possibly but find myself sometimes crossing the line between classy and trashy.

I think women and men have different ideas of what constitutes an "easy girl" look.

As a woman, I know the "rules" from other woman. Dresses and skirts should pass the grandma fingertips rule, shorts shouldn't show buttcheek, and when possible only show one "part" (either legs or cleavage, never both!).

The few men I have talked to about this seem to be even more conservative than women.
These threads can be so unintentionally funny. OK, a man weighing in (rubs hands in glee). If a woman is shapely and fit you will be noticed by the discriminating male eye in most anything except a muumuu or those hideous high- waisted long dresses where the breasts are all cinched up on display like at a retail counter at the delicatessen and everything else is covered in a vast billowy tent (empire style I think).

Here's the simplest rule I can give you. If you have to 'pull your top up', and 'pull your bottom down' - whatever you are wearing - any time you have made any physical motion, you most likely look trashy.

If your clothes draw attention to your face you most likely look classy. That is, whatever you wear does not draw 'undo' attention to any one feature; No 'skin tight' anything unless you're at the swimming pool or in your underwear or perhaps winter months in cold climate and you wear snug leggings of some sort.

Top heavy women in warm weather months should avoid showing happy canyon / cliff diving cleavage (unless that's all you got going for you) ; Halter tops , bare midriffs = trashy. Believe me, if they are that large, everyone already notices, so showing it is overkill unless you are a nursing mother with an infant in tow and need easy access for breastfeeding. And beautiful derrieres look best when the small of waist to apex are tautly clothed and from apex on down is flowing (unless you are wearing jeans/ pants - however, ideally for aesthetics we should not see panty lines). If you have no muscular definition between gluts and upper thighs, wear something that drapes from the apex of the gluts on down. The 'slosh butt' look is trashy or more aptly unbecoming.

Flowing or slightly draped clothing over a shapely figure enhances its aura and mystique which generally is classy. It is difficult to speak to specific fashions, but there are a few lovely woman I see regularly in my commute who seem to wear simple classy outfits no matter the season and it basically looks as if they pick an ensemble of clothing that matches their frame (crisp cuts with taper or draping flowing to enhance) and looks comfortable (skirts, dresses, pants, blouses, knit tops, light sweater, flat non high heeled shoes, etc...) but, most importantly, when they move with nice comportment and deportment it always looks 'classy' AND 'sexy' demure.

Let men's imagination fill in the rest of the picture, sort of like a kid with those old 'connect the dots' coloring books, us men have an uncanny ability to fill in the dots if you know what I mean.

If you fill in the dots with what you are wearing it looks trashy. If we men fill them in with our imagination it is classy. I know, I know, someone is going to scream this is an oxymoron, but I think discerning people will get the gist of what I am saying.

Last edited by ciceropolo; 07-16-2013 at 11:16 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 07-17-2013, 12:54 PM

312 posts, read 498,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micio View Post
Question for you...Why do you feel you have to wear as litlle as possible during the summer? I mean I understand it's hot, but you might as well walk around naked, you will still be sweating under the burning sun.

There are a plenty of summer clothing out there to pick from, I'm really not sure why you feel like you have to only wear sexy clothing that shows a lot of skin?

But anyway, you certainly can look sexy and classy whith -enough- clothes on. I've worked as a stylist for many years -and still doing it part time- I wished we could meet, so I could show you how to put those outfits together.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:19 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,784,820 times
Depends entirely on the shape of your body. A thin woman with a small chest can get away with basically anything, but a curvier woman with larger breasts has to be a lot more careful with what she wears.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:31 PM

2,858 posts, read 6,200,239 times
I call them prego shirts. Use to be only for pregrent chicks but now most women wear them so they can hide their fat gut. Real tight on your bra area so you can show off the goods and real loose around the gut. Then its real tight below the gut. Any women wearing that type of shirt, you ain't fooling me.

Other thing I can't stand is women wearing shorts so they can show off leg tattoos. Congrats on your thigh tattoo, its an eye sore...stop being proud of it. I know thats a massive personal preference but its a huge turn off.

Classy things, like all the others have stated it depends on the body style. i will say if you are fit, form fitting clothing is sexy. Showing off too much skin is not sexy. I mean, I'll definitely look but I'll think less of you.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:22 PM

3,558 posts, read 4,138,519 times
Whether it is classy or trashy often depends on the look of the woman and how she carries herself more than anything.

A fit girl with super short shorts can look very sexy. A girl with 30 extra pounds showing the same can look very trashy.

Girls who are very overweight who LOVE showing off a TON of cleavage are virtually always trashy. It's one thing to have some show, it's another one when their boobs are blatantly falling out because other than their boobs, virtually no other physical features about them are attractive. And, because their boobs are often mostly fat, if they were thin they wouldn't have them, or when they are naked they sag very bad.

Now if very attractive girls seem to flaunt it by how they carry themselves, it can be very trashy. An attractive girl can wear something "trashy" but if she carries herself right, normal, etc. it doesn't come off that way.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:48 PM

26,864 posts, read 28,137,614 times
I completely disagree. Trashy has no relationship to looks at all.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:27 PM

9,086 posts, read 1,186,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
These threads can be so unintentionally funny. OK, a man weighing in (rubs hands in glee). If a woman is shapely and fit you will be noticed by the discriminating male eye in most anything except a muumuu or those hideous high- waisted long dresses where the breasts are all cinched up on display like at a retail counter at the delicatessen and everything else is covered in a vast billowy tent (empire style I think).

Here's the simplest rule I can give you. If you have to 'pull your top up', and 'pull your bottom down' - whatever you are wearing - any time you have made any physical motion, you most likely look trashy.

If your clothes draw attention to your face you most likely look classy. That is, whatever you wear does not draw 'undo' attention to any one feature; No 'skin tight' anything unless you're at the swimming pool or in your underwear or perhaps winter months in cold climate and you wear snug leggings of some sort.

Top heavy women in warm weather months should avoid showing happy canyon / cliff diving cleavage (unless that's all you got going for you) ; Halter tops , bare midriffs = trashy. Believe me, if they are that large, everyone already notices, so showing it is overkill unless you are a nursing mother with an infant in tow and need easy access for breastfeeding. And beautiful derrieres look best when the small of waist to apex are tautly clothed and from apex on down is flowing (unless you are wearing jeans/ pants - however, ideally for aesthetics we should not see panty lines). If you have no muscular definition between gluts and upper thighs, wear something that drapes from the apex of the gluts on down. The 'slosh butt' look is trashy or more aptly unbecoming.

Flowing or slightly draped clothing over a shapely figure enhances its aura and mystique which generally is classy. It is difficult to speak to specific fashions, but there are a few lovely woman I see regularly in my commute who seem to wear simple classy outfits no matter the season and it basically looks as if they pick an ensemble of clothing that matches their frame (crisp cuts with taper or draping flowing to enhance) and looks comfortable (skirts, dresses, pants, blouses, knit tops, light sweater, flat non high heeled shoes, etc...) but, most importantly, when they move with nice comportment and deportment it always looks 'classy' AND 'sexy' demure.

Let men's imagination fill in the rest of the picture, sort of like a kid with those old 'connect the dots' coloring books, us men have an uncanny ability to fill in the dots if you know what I mean.

If you fill in the dots with what you are wearing it looks trashy. If we men fill them in with our imagination it is classy. I know, I know, someone is going to scream this is an oxymoron, but I think discerning people will get the gist of what I am saying.
WooHoo! Tshirts, jeans and flip flops it is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty