Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 08:35 AM

116 posts, read 137,161 times

Advertisements

I'm thin, but I'm pretty rectangular. I have a small waist technically, but it's not defined enough IMO and I'd like to get into waist training. I'd like to decrease it by at least three inches.

Who here has experience with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 08:50 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,188,970 times
As long as you don't mind compromising your health by rearranging some vital organs, you really can't "train" your waist into being smaller. Good old fashioned diet and exercise is a safe, sustainable alternative.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
As long as you don't mind compromising your health by rearranging some vital organs, you really can't "train" your waist into being smaller. Good old fashioned diet and exercise is a safe, sustainable alternative.
I'm already skinny, I don't need a diet.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:32 AM

Then there's nothing else you can do about it, other than dress in outfits that kind of give the illusion of an hourglass figure, by emphasizing your waist.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Then there's nothing else you can do about it, other than dress in outfits that kind of give the illusion of an hourglass figure, by emphasizing your waist.
So when I see other girls that waist train, they've accomplished nothing?

Old 09-22-2015, 10:15 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,715,742 times
Try to work on your obliques. But your natural body shape may not include a narrow waist. Deal with it and focus on other attributes.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:32 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,257,116 times
I don't think it works permanently. I had a friend do it and it worked as long as she wore it, once she stopped she went right back to how she looked before. From what I've gathered you have to waist train for several years before you can expect long term results and even then it may not be temporary. The most success I've seen people have is when they waist trained while dieting and working out and losing weight, but if you don't plan on losing weight then I don't see how your body can just reconfigure itself permanently?
A lot of the celebs advocating waist training do it everyday, diet, and have plastic surgeons lol-but for the average person results will vary depending on the person, the quality of the trainer, and how long you wear it since that's how long the results last. You also need to ask yourself how you will wear it? Will it look right under clothing? Are you preparing to sleep with it on and have an uncomfortable sleep? Do you plan on wearing the trainer for the next few years, 24-7?
If not then I think it's silly and another short term weight-loss fad. There's a reason a lot of celebs just get surgery when they want more hips or a narrower waist-it works quickly while training takes much more time, involves health risks, and may not potentially work as well as you think. All the girls I've known who have done it have not had permanent long term results, and it only worked well when they were losing weight and dieting, because to reshape your body the weight on your waist has to go somewhere else lol.
If I were you I would focus on loving my body because ultimately unless you have the cash to pay a surgeon to change your body you are stuck with what you have.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Socialite View Post
Unless they've successfully shifted some internal organs, any "results" are temporary and will cease once you take the corset off.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:36 AM

10 posts, read 9,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Socialite View Post
Sure. They've temporarily accomplished a superficial appearance of a smaller waist while ignoring what damage they're doing to the insides of their bodies.
Dangers of Waist Training - Why Corsets Are Bad for Your Health

Old 09-22-2015, 12:03 PM

2,098 posts, read 1,427,371 times
You could always have your lower ribs removed. That would be permanent. Not sure how that would affect you long term when you are older and probably an expensive surgery. But it would be a permanent way to work around a genetics issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty