U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 08:47 PM

803 posts, read 1,301,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I have a couple of friends who are a bit on the short side, about 5'6. They are kinda insecure cause of their height.

Myself, I'm a modest 5'11 and grateful for every inch. I'm 5 inches taller than my dad and 10 taller than my mom. I definitely got lucky to be this tall.

With online dating, I see ALOT of women post something like:

"Need to be 6ft+, got to wear my high heels!"

I'm sure most women don't want to date a man shorter than them. However, how about if hes only 2-3 inches taller?

I'm 5'6 and have used dating sites... based on my experience the height requirements women put on their profiles usually don't mean much. What they say and what they do/respond to are completely different.

Last edited by ASOT; 07-18-2013 at 08:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 08:58 PM

20,426 posts, read 35,751,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post

And some may think that I was more open minded about height because I had less options being a tall girl
Interesting. I never felt I has less options. I guess hanging around the mens volleyball and basketball teams in college took care of that!

Old 07-18-2013, 09:15 PM

7,736 posts, read 13,974,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Interesting. I never felt I has less options. I guess hanging around the mens volleyball and basketball teams in college took care of that!
I personally don't feel I had less options, but I've seen other posters make statements along those lines in regards to taller women in other threads similar to this. And like I stated, my options weren't limited to just tall men. It used to crack me up when tall guys would approach me and assume they were in like Flynn just because they were tall.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:03 AM

72,787 posts, read 64,258,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I have a couple of friends who are a bit on the short side, about 5'6. They are kinda insecure cause of their height.

Myself, I'm a modest 5'11 and grateful for every inch. I'm 5 inches taller than my dad and 10 taller than my mom. I definitely got lucky to be this tall.

With online dating, I see ALOT of women post something like:

"Need to be 6ft+, got to wear my high heels!"

I'm sure most women don't want to date a man shorter than them. However, how about if hes only 2-3 inches taller?
Your friends have nothing to be insecure about. Attracting women is more about personality. I've known several guys who were REALLY short, some under 5', and none of them had any trouble attracting women. Most had women flocking around them, because they were fun and interesting.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:32 AM

34,602 posts, read 42,768,368 times
This is an interesting question, because, as a tall woman, I would not find a shorter man attractive. A few inches shorter would be OK, but no shorter than that.
Conversely, as a tall girl I noticed that most of the tall boys in school dated really short girls. In fact, two, who went on to play college basketball, married really tiny women.
I think this is some kind of internal genetic thing in our makeup. The men are trying to subconsciously "even out" their freakish tallness, and women are trying to even out their tendency to be short.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:40 AM

832 posts, read 1,314,455 times
Height was never an issue with me. I've dated taller and shorter and several around my height (5'4"). Heels aren't an issue with me either because I almost never wear them.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:42 AM

1,957 posts, read 1,998,224 times
IMO, being a short guy is a lot like being a fat gal. It won't keep you from dating, but it does limit your options.

They only difference is that for the most part, women aren't considered shallow for publicly disclosing that they consider short guys un-dateable

Old 07-19-2013, 06:57 AM

322 posts, read 465,984 times
I guess I inherited my height from my dad since he is 6'8". My mom is 4'11"! My sister is 6'0"!

Old 07-19-2013, 07:21 AM

321 posts, read 501,786 times
Yes.

I'm 5'4. I'd like my boyfriend to be taller than me. I'm not expecting him to be 6'0 or whatever, but I would prefer it if he was taller than me, even when I'm wearing heels.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:35 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,960,146 times
I'm 5'10", the husband is 5'11" - it's absolutely perfect kissing height.

I have no problem wearing heels, and it just make me look tall, doesn't make him look short. I never had height requirements when I was dating, but I did find that when he was more than 3-4 inches shorter than me, that I didn't like having to bend down that far to go in for a kiss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty