U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 04:20 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,544,033 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I am 6'0.5". Whatever that means for dating.

Come on, are we in the NBA here to fix a height requirement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 10:48 PM

706 posts, read 913,398 times
I'm 5'9", so for me...dating a short guy (when I did date) was a definite no no. He didn't have to be 5 inches taller, but at least 2-3 inches taller.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:02 AM

10,097 posts, read 7,028,320 times
I'm 5'11 1/2 and 6'0 in a pair of dress shoes. Is that too short for some women? I know some women are like 6'0 and up or don't talk to me.

What I find most ridiculous is that some of these women with these standards are themselves like 5'5!

Old 12-15-2013, 08:58 AM

1,850 posts, read 2,350,658 times
Your friends have to deal with their insecurities. People can no longer be themselves without being judged.

You can be skinny, someone will judge you because of it, same with being fat and have too many muscles.

When thing is for sure, if you want to be UNHAPPY in life, to interest in being concerned about what others think about you. That's fast way to live a unhappy life.

I've dated women taller than I and even shorter. I'm 6 feet even. I've dated women that were 6'3".

No issues.

I'm glad I'm somewhat introverted. IT's easy for me to block out 99% of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I have a couple of friends who are a bit on the short side, about 5'6. They are kinda insecure cause of their height.

Myself, I'm a modest 5'11 and grateful for every inch. I'm 5 inches taller than my dad and 10 taller than my mom. I definitely got lucky to be this tall.

With online dating, I see ALOT of women post something like:

"Need to be 6ft+, got to wear my high heels!"

I'm sure most women don't want to date a man shorter than them. However, how about if hes only 2-3 inches taller?

Old 12-15-2013, 12:26 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,028,320 times
Its good to be a mix of both introvert and extrovert. If you can block out a lot of ppl but still have enough social skills to talk to anyone who approaches you're golden.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:01 PM

15,240 posts, read 15,250,601 times
For the most part, if you are a short guy......expect to mainly date/marry Uggos!

Old 12-15-2013, 09:28 PM

538 posts, read 5,203,901 times
That's a no brainer......

GEICO Dikembe Mutombo Commercial - Happier Than Dikembe Mutombo Blocking a Shot - YouTube

AC/DC - Thunderstruck - YouTube

!!!!!!

Old 12-15-2013, 09:37 PM

538 posts, read 5,203,901 times
And you are welcome guys.....

ACDC & The Rolling Stones - Rock Me Baby - YouTube

Old 12-16-2013, 11:12 AM

4,103 posts, read 4,019,330 times
Gotta love this. Women get so upset about having their looks determine their worth in the world. Yet heres a perfect example of a man being forced down the totem pole for something beyond his control. Girls remember this next time youre being rated for your bra or pants size.

Old 12-16-2013, 03:03 PM

842 posts, read 879,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminijoe View Post
Im 5'5" and 43 and still single. I have a great job. I work out and keep fit. Im always happy and work on hobbys and try to keep myself busy. Dating has been really rough. I know that height seems to be a major factor in dating and in the area I live in a area the competition of taller men is all over the place. Im sure my dating pool is a lot smaller than most of my friends who are taller than me. I just came back from a cruise and saw every couple the men were at least 6 to 8 inches taller than the women with high heels. Most of the women seem to average 5'2 to 5'8" and when 5 inch heels are on I'm short lol. At my job all the coworkers that are married or are in a relationship are in the 5'10 to 6' plus range. . Everyone says theres someone for everyone could be when your in your 20s but as you are in your 40s and still not in a relationship or married pretty much thats it. I heard everything about how short men try harder and have napoleon complex or confidence issues ect ect ect. Dating is a numbers game you try to ask out as many women you meet eventually you will get a chance???. I pretty much did the best I can and keep a positive attitude towards life. If you are in your 40s and single and short like me you just pretty much give up and try to enjoy your life as best a single person can do. If someone comes into your life then fine if not oh well. I live in reality and I do believe height is a deal breaker for women and shorter men have a smaller dating pool then taller men.
Bolded is the excuse some women make to have a reason to reject short men. When a tall guy acts the same way (arrogant/aggressive/etc.), no one bats an eye. When a short guy does it, it's automatically because of his height .

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Gotta love this. Women get so upset about having their looks determine their worth in the world. Yet heres a perfect example of a man being forced down the totem pole for something beyond his control. Girls remember this next time youre being rated for your bra or pants size.
Exactly.

What's also ridiculous is when women use pseudo-science as an excuse from only being attracted to much taller men (ex. a 4'11 woman demanding the guy to be at least 6'). You'll often hear something like, "We are genetically wired to want much taller men." Fine, but since when does something as artificial as high heels come into the mix of evolution? That's just social conditioning. In addition, the irony is when they wonder why these same men cheat or couldn't care less about commitment; since women flock to them, they can pick and choose as they please, despite being in a relationship. If women want to use that pseudo-science (desiring only much taller males), they should accept the pseudo-science that "men are genetically wired to spread their seeds."

Now, I'm not knocking women for wanting taller men. It just grinds my gears when a 4'10" woman tells a 5'7" guy that he's too short. Very short women requiring (not preferring) that the guy completely towers over her while in her heels is nothing more than social conditioning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty