U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 07:35 PM

44,662 posts, read 43,174,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Well I am 6'7" and have never had a relationship. Then again, women do not interest me sexually.
I'm 5'5", I am interested in women, and I've never been in a relationship, and I'm 27 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 07:36 PM

18,067 posts, read 17,198,889 times
When men talk about wanting a woman with big boobs or being a size 2 it's not the same as a woman wanting a man who is taller than she is.

When you are a tall women you almost feel like a giant or a freak when you are with a short man. You can't wear heels or you tower over them, you have to bend down to kiss them, you hunch down so you aren't so tall. That's not the same as rejecting a person because of the size of some body part or just wanting them to be a certain body size.

For most of us taller women, it's about how it makes us feel. I guess if we were 100% self confident about our looks and our height (being made fun of for being tall doesn't help matters) we might take more kindly to dating short men.

My husband is slightly shorter than I am but as long as I wear flats I don't feel like that much of a giant. My gripe is when the short petite women take the tall men. Short petite women can go out with anyone, we tall women sort of need the taller men.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:20 AM

10,097 posts, read 7,028,320 times
My current gf is 5'4 and I'm 5'11. She tells me all the time that I'm the right height and that its a myth that all women want the tallest guy. She says her max height preference is 6'2. Her brother is 6'4 and she thinks that's freakishly tall and doesn't find it attractive.

I don't get how short women usually in the 5'0-5'4 range even like guys that tall. I love tall women, I think my current gf is too short, but I wouldn't want a girl who's 6'0 and up. I know the limit. So why do shorter gals want with a huge dude?

I for one love my height. In a pair of dress shoes I'm right at 6'0 and it's the perfect height. I'm not too tall or too short. Being athletic helps too. I stand next to a guy who's 6'2 and I don't look so bad. Plus I'm in LA where the average guy is shorter.

Try going to a country bar in Texas where I'm from and seeing all the guys in boots well over 6 feet tall.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:44 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,998 posts, read 5,498,647 times
def deal breaker.. i'm 5"5 though so finding a guy taller than me won't be that hard

Old 12-18-2013, 12:07 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,028,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
def deal breaker.. i'm 5"5 though so finding a guy taller than me won't be that hard
What's your min height requirement?

Old 12-18-2013, 03:30 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,998 posts, read 5,498,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
What's your min height requirement?
5"8

i have dated short guys(and girls too for that matter), i just didn't like it , but hey i never broke it off with them, they broke it off with me

Old 12-18-2013, 03:57 PM

77 posts, read 121,332 times
Poor straight short men. In the gay dating world, you are very much appreciated. I'm 6'1'' and find shorter guys really attractive. It's not just that I'm taller than them. There's something almost more powerful about a shorter man, especially one that's in good shape. There's all of that manliness concentrated into a smaller person.

For the record I find taller guys too. Each have their own appeal. Really it's the mid height men that are a bit boring.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:25 PM

44,662 posts, read 43,174,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milesperhour View Post
Poor straight short men. In the gay dating world, you are very much appreciated. I'm 6'1'' and find shorter guys really attractive. It's not just that I'm taller than them. There's something almost more powerful about a shorter man, especially one that's in good shape. There's all of that manliness concentrated into a smaller person.

For the record I find taller guys too. Each have their own appeal. Really it's the mid height men that are a bit boring.
This is the thing. I want a woman. I have no problem being 5'5". I'm not looking for change anything about my height. What I want is someone to have no problem with it as well. However, at this point in my life, I've put any pursuit of a girlfriend on hold, and I'm concentrating on me.

Old 12-19-2013, 03:37 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,816,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is the thing. I want a woman. I have no problem being 5'5". I'm not looking for change anything about my height. What I want is someone to have no problem with it as well. However, at this point in my life, I've put any pursuit of a girlfriend on hold, and I'm concentrating on me.
That's exactly how I feel about my height. I LOVE being tall, but I hate the pointing, the laughing, the stares, the questions about if I'm 'pre op or post op' or if I'm a drag queen. Those get realllllly old. I know quite a few short guys (5'5 and under) and most of them have zero issues whatsoever dating, but the tall women I know (6'+) have tons of issues. I know a few that are in their early 30s and haven't ever been on a date. I know that I never get approached by men (unless they want a hookup with an 'amazon' for some fetish they have) so I suppose I can understand the plight of shorter men.

However, I'd take being a short man over being a tall woman dating-wise. The short men I know get treated way better than the tall women I know.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:53 PM

175 posts, read 221,280 times
Im a femal. 5 ft 6. my ex husband was 5ft 7. he HATED it when i wore my fab platform heels that made me close to 6ft. put up with 12 years of flats. Said never again. my new boyfriend is 6 ft 4 and in all aspects of our relationship makes me happy and satisfied…and in high heels!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty