U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 09:43 AM

11,882 posts, read 10,538,286 times

Advertisements

I know a 5'7" friend who is a lacrosse player and he was able to bag a 5'9" Girlfriend. So, its more than height that matters. Height is not the "Deal breaker" according to me.

Just out of curiosity, I have a question to ask the ladies. Don't very tall guys (6'3" and above) feel a bit too large for you ? From a guys point of view, I don't want to be the tractor trailer next to a Prius and continuously be cautious of every move .

5'9" and above for women cuts it for me. I dont mind pushing my bounds to 6'2". I like hugging a skinny, tall, smooth, warm blooded snakes .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 01:16 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,809,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I know a 5'7" friend who is a lacrosse player and he was able to bag a 5'9" Girlfriend. So, its more than height that matters. Height is not the "Deal breaker" according to me.

Just out of curiosity, I have a question to ask the ladies. Don't very tall guys (6'3" and above) feel a bit too large for you ? From a guys point of view, I don't want to be the tractor trailer next to a Prius and continuously be cautious of every move .

5'9" and above for women cuts it for me. I dont mind pushing my bounds to 6'2". I like hugging a skinny, tall, smooth, warm blooded snakes .
I'm 6'1 and my bf is 6'4...so no, guys above 6'3 are not too large for me

Old 12-20-2013, 04:27 PM

15,762 posts, read 13,191,044 times
I am 5'9, I have dated a couple of guys shorter than me. It is the ultimate in shallowness to be that hung up on height.

That being said, my husband is 6'2. My next most serious relationship the guy was 6'6.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:29 PM

15,762 posts, read 13,191,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
That's exactly how I feel about my height. I LOVE being tall, but I hate the pointing, the laughing, the stares, the questions about if I'm 'pre op or post op' or if I'm a drag queen. Those get realllllly old. I know quite a few short guys (5'5 and under) and most of them have zero issues whatsoever dating, but the tall women I know (6'+) have tons of issues. I know a few that are in their early 30s and haven't ever been on a date. I know that I never get approached by men (unless they want a hookup with an 'amazon' for some fetish they have) so I suppose I can understand the plight of shorter men.

However, I'd take being a short man over being a tall woman dating-wise. The short men I know get treated way better than the tall women I know.
Most popular girl in my school is 6' maybe 6'1, blonde beautiful and chased by all the guys in her grade regardless of their height.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:24 PM

44,623 posts, read 43,151,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
That's exactly how I feel about my height. I LOVE being tall, but I hate the pointing, the laughing, the stares, the questions about if I'm 'pre op or post op' or if I'm a drag queen. Those get realllllly old. I know quite a few short guys (5'5 and under) and most of them have zero issues whatsoever dating, but the tall women I know (6'+) have tons of issues. I know a few that are in their early 30s and haven't ever been on a date. I know that I never get approached by men (unless they want a hookup with an 'amazon' for some fetish they have) so I suppose I can understand the plight of shorter men.

However, I'd take being a short man over being a tall woman dating-wise. The short men I know get treated way better than the tall women I know.
It might be where you live or it could be other factors to why the short men that you know aren't having issues with dating. I know with me, I've been told to my face by some women that they wouldn't date short men.

I won't lie, some tall women(6' and taller) sometimes are viewed as "freaks". On the other hand, at least where I live, women who are 6' and taller sometimes do get dates, boyfriends, and get married. I know some females who are 6' and taller and are in romantic relationships. This is at least where I live. Most of the women I know who haven't been in relationships, none of them were any taller than maybe 5'5". Most of the women I've know have been in relationships at one point in their lives. Maybe it's because I live in Georgia that I have different experiences compared to you.

I have known short men to get girlfriends. I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm saying it's often harder. And it can vary. Many things could be. One thing I noticed was this: Many of the men who were under 5'8" and were in romantic relationships were Asian or Hispanic men dating women within their own ethnicity. There are a variety of factors to who dates whom.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:36 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,809,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Most popular girl in my school is 6' maybe 6'1, blonde beautiful and chased by all the guys in her grade regardless of their height.
Well duh... beautiful blonde women of any height are generally chased.

I'm slightly below average looking and have dark hair so my height is seen as a negative, not a positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty