U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 11:16 PM

312 posts, read 505,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
This morning I woke up and decided in was going to wear my gingham cropped pants. I remember thinking the day i bought them they would not get much use. Because they need to be ironed.

I decided to suck it up and get them.

Don't get me wrong, I know how to iron. My mom trained me well. But i tend to get no iron knits because I hate doing it. I run to the dryer immediately to prevent wrinkles. All to avoid pulling out my ironing board and magic sizing.

Do you ever abstain from wearing or buying items because you don't want to iron.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
I don't remember the last time I ironed something. I bought a garment steamer at Macys a couple of years ago and it works very well for me. It's Quick and easy to use.

For things like dress shirts I usually have them press at the cleaner or I do it myself if I don't have any other choice. Seriously though, ironing can be time consuming! Especially when you are in a hurry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 09:21 PM

341 posts, read 390,550 times
Quote:
Originally posted by jade408
Do you ever abstain from wearing or buying items because you don't want to iron.
Not at all. I actually enjoy ironing, and there's nothing more smarter looking than freshly (and properly) pressed things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty