Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 06:12 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times

Advertisements

After a pedi, what color do you choose for your toes?

I had a pale aqua applied, and I had a bit of a hard time getting used to it, but now I like it a lot.

I saw a women recently quite well and expensively groomed, about 10 years younger than I, who had very bright blue polish on her toes. I thought it looked. I kind of like the blues now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 06:14 PM

6 posts, read 7,814 times
I always like a bright pink or fuschia. It seems to go with everything I wear. Though I have seen blue on other toes and I thought it looked very nice.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:09 PM

22,565 posts, read 47,614,734 times
I'll try anything once...

Old 07-20-2013, 10:45 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,875,003 times
I either do light pink and white or white on white french

Old 07-21-2013, 05:58 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,628,093 times
I usually like my toes to match my fingers, and I usually stick with traditional colors like nudes, pinks, corals and reds, but I have been experimenting this season with some new colors on my toenails including a blue that I like so much I wear it on my fingers on casual Friday. It's an amazing duochrome metallic greenish blue from Chanel's spring 2013 collection called "Azure". It's really pretty, especially peeking out of sandals. The duochrome means that the shade shifts when lit from different angles. Sometimes it is more greenish and sometimes more blue, even a hint of a purplish tone when the light hits it just right. They also have a similar one in a deeper, truer blue called "Bel-Argus" but I am pale so I went for the lighter shade. It was one of those splurges where I didn't expect to get a lot of wear out of the color but I have actually worn it pretty frequently. I have to keep telling myself not to go back for the darker one. How many crazy expensive blue nail polishes does one woman need? LOL.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:49 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Many years ago, when I was a pre-teen, I read that your nails should look like polished seashells. I always liked that analogy, and find that the softer, more natural colors are pretty and go with everything I wear. I never did care for the wild colors that seem to be popular now, but to each their own.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:59 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,153,320 times
I usually choose a true red but have also done coral, light blue and green.
I think the paler pearlized colors look nice when my feet are tanned in summer.

I've also had my toenails done in alternating seasonal/holiday colors: red and green for Christmas, coral and sky blue for Easter, black and orange for Halloween, like that.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:13 AM

2,612 posts, read 5,583,639 times
I am a conservative when it comes to makeup and clothing. I do only pale pinks and nudes. Blue is fine as long as the toes don't show at work, and mine sometimes do.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:28 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
I'll do pinks, purples or reds (like Essie's Tomboy No More w/blue undertones) for my pedis.

My manis are clear, nudes, light pinks or reds like above...but generally they're clear.

I like the non-traditional colors on younger girls/women, but I find them to be distracting on grown women.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:57 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,392,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Many years ago, when I was a pre-teen, I read that your nails should look like polished seashells. I always liked that analogy, and find that the softer, more natural colors are pretty and go with everything I wear. I never did care for the wild colors that seem to be popular now, but to each their own.
Same here (about the seashell)- softer and more natural colors most of the time.

In the winter, I might switch over to a rich burgundy or true red (around christmas) since I don't wear bright, pastel colors during the winter for the most part.

I travel alot - so it's easier to pack if I don't have to worry about my nails clashing with my clothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty