U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 02:02 PM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
I can't do without my padded bras. All but 3 or 4 of my bras are lightly padded. I wear them to prevent the girls from making unexpected salutations!
Seam placement is critical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 03:46 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,784,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
About 85% of my impractical ones (color, fabric) are comfy enough for daily wear.

The only problem children are the sheer ones.

I also do not have padded bras, and only one many seamless bra. Seamless gives me crappy shape. 3 part construction gives great shape for me! And works under way more items than you would think according to conventional logic.

Even the patterns! They are part of my regular lingerie wardrobe.
Mine are all molded cup... I have yet to find an unlined bra that doesn't give me torpedo boob or armpit boob. I own 2 of them but they're my backups if something happens to my 2 regular molded cups that are in rotation

Cleo Neve Moulded Plunge T-Shirt Women's Bra: Amazon.co.uk: Clothing

That lovely bra is hands down the absolute BEST one I've ever owned. Fits like a dream, isn't bulky and only has 2 hooks in the back. Plus, I can wear tank tops and whatnot if I want and it doesn't come up to my collarbone like a lot of larger sized bras do.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:06 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,728,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

That lovely bra is hands down the absolute BEST one I've ever owned. Fits like a dream, isn't bulky and only has 2 hooks in the back. Plus, I can wear tank tops and whatnot if I want and it doesn't come up to my collarbone like a lot of larger sized bras do.
Oo, I am definitely going to check that one out! (I hate it when a supportive bra means that my cleavage starts right below my chin!)

Old 07-22-2013, 04:22 PM

31,164 posts, read 57,274,608 times
How about "lots"? I'm too lazy to go count.

I'll estimate 5 or 6 sports bras, same number of everyday bras, a couple bras I wear only at home or in the winter when I'm wearing several layers , and a couple bras I probably should throw away.

For sports bras, I go with major compression. My everyday bras are a mix of underwires that give me that torpedo boob look like Janet Leigh in Psycho , and a few of those new Playtex bras with slight padding that come in free sizes (S, M, L, XL). They are sooo comfortable and take care of any overhang that might slip out.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:31 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,265,062 times
I like the molded plung bra, but I only wear them with certain dresses, I'm just not as comfortable anymore unless I have full coverage for my everyday wear. Plus, when you get to a be a little too plus, time to wear something more containing around the sides and back. Also, one time I had a plung bra accident, one side was plunging just a bit way more than the other, got rid of that bra.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Mine are all molded cup... I have yet to find an unlined bra that doesn't give me torpedo boob or armpit boob. I own 2 of them but they're my backups if something happens to my 2 regular molded cups that are in rotation

I tried that one on. It didn't like me....I needed a bigger cup.

It is so cute!

The Freya Deco is nice fitting as well.
Amazon.com: Freya Deco Honey Moulded Plunge Bra: Clothing

Sadly, I am sizing out of it now too. I need a 32H or so. And they stop at GG

This is the next one to try on my list:
Amazon.com: Curvy Kate Smoothie Blush Plunge Bra: Clothing

Old 07-22-2013, 05:01 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,784,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I tried that one on. It didn't like me....I needed a bigger cup.

It is so cute!

The Freya Deco is nice fitting as well.
Amazon.com: Freya Deco Honey Moulded Plunge Bra: Clothing

Sadly, I am sizing out of it now too. I need a 32H or so. And they stop at GG

This is the next one to try on my list:
Amazon.com: Curvy Kate Smoothie Blush Plunge Bra: Clothing

I think my chest is better suited to plunge bras with a very very small center gore which is why the Neve worked really well for me. It looks like they don't have the Neve or Jude in an H cup anymore (which is what I'm currently wearing) which is a huuuuge bummer.

I'm loving that Freya plunge, but it doesn't come in an H. Bah. I just don't like the really tall center gores and it's difficult to find a bra in my size that has a small one.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:15 PM

2,572 posts, read 6,258,861 times
Quote:
My bras are expensive and I take crazy good care of them and basically wear them until they're falling apart.
Same here.

Well, my bras are expensive to ME at about $30 to $40 a piece. Not to others I'm sure.... I prefer and wear Lane Bryant Cacique and I have five: one black, one white, one fun cotton knit polka dot one, one turquoise, one nude.

I really need to buy a strapless but it hasn't been in the budget lately.

Last time I needed bras I went to LB to verify my size then bought New With Tag bras, current styles, from Cacique, on eBay for half the price.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:

I think my chest is better suited to plunge bras with a very very small center gore which is why the Neve worked really well for me. It looks like they don't have the Neve or Jude in an H cup anymore (which is what I'm currently wearing) which is a huuuuge bummer.

I'm loving that Freya plunge, but it doesn't come in an H. Bah. I just don't like the really tall center gores and it's difficult to find a bra in my size that has a small one.
Me too! I also need a narrow underwire. Otherwise it just pokes my armpit. That's why most Panache hate me. But try the Deco, I only need GGs in Freyas. In general Freyas center gores aren't too high for me. And I usually fit a GG in almost all of their bras. Well, besides the Deco now. But I need to go down a band in that one. So definitely try it! Their cups seem to run big.

BTW: the Elomi plunges are pretty low! Way better than their other ones, a tiny bit wide for me, so no cleavage. But comfy. @Jet: you might need to size down to 34, they seem to run a little big in the band. I can fit a 34, but I started at the middle row of hooks, I know in a bit, it will be too big in the band for me.

Oh, I head about a new brand: Edwards and Millers. Check it out! Looks awesome, and they have long lines!!!
The Curves Have It: Interview with Edwards and Millers
@Jet: they stop at 34 .

Other peeps, they start at 26 band. And up to M!!!!!!

Interview: The Curves Have It: Interview with Edwards and Millers

Last edited by picmod; 01-09-2014 at 05:06 PM..

Old 07-22-2013, 05:48 PM

29,580 posts, read 31,900,225 times
4 Glamorise underwire (2 beige, 1 white, 1 black) and a Champion sports bra which is the worst, I just haven't got around to finding something good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty