U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 04:02 PM

803 posts, read 1,300,352 times

Advertisements

It seems the blogger's tone is that most people, at least in the U.S., think they're more attractive than they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 05:03 PM

23,903 posts, read 31,130,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptedWords View Post
came up on my wordpress reader today

I looked at it and was baffled that people actually liked it, I go out so many times and cannot see how this guy makes any sense.

You probably look better than most of the population | Dreaming Yet Living
I dunno. I think he's pretty much on the money.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:13 PM

632 posts, read 717,987 times
I agree with this article.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:52 PM

133 posts, read 178,814 times
why do you guys agree?

Old 07-23-2013, 09:05 PM

23,903 posts, read 31,130,282 times
Quote:
why do you guys agree?
"then go to a DMV, a large buffet on weekends, Walmart, or anywhere in the general population and you will see just what I am getting at"

Pretty much that right there. He's right.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
"then go to a DMV, a large buffet on weekends, Walmart, or anywhere in the general population and you will see just what I am getting at"

where do you live if you do not mind me asking?

Old 07-24-2013, 06:52 AM

20,426 posts, read 35,707,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

Yep!

OP, check out the People of Walmart site.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:57 AM

26,867 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Someone (a so-called expert) says something dumb and judgmental on the internet. That never happens.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:17 PM

2,858 posts, read 6,201,488 times
Quote:
why do you guys agree?

Because most people don't spend enough time taking care of themselves. Guys get made fun of for caring about their appearance. Girls get called high maintenance when they do.

I've let my hair get long, its about 8-9 inches on top and people call it girly. Well yea, I guess its girly compared to the inch or so most dudes have in SoCal. I had my hair super short last year, got bored with it and wanted to change things up. I also workout alot and care about the way I dress. So to some people, I'd fall into the "dude must be gay" category. I fall into the above average looks category I'd say, feel douchey saying that lol. My pic is on my profile so you be the judge.

As stated, I've from SoCal as well and just like the blogger, I'm well traveled. Europeans care WAY more about their looks than Americans. They look down at fat people, they really do. The stores really don't cater to oveweight people there like they do here. Just as long as your not fat, you're fine there. Over here, the "extremely handsome/sexy" the men are built like action figures and the women have very little body fat. America are the land of extremes.

Americans get REAL defensive when an American tells the truth about Americans. This country is filled with overweight low hygiened slobs.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Because most people don't spend enough time taking care of themselves. Guys get made fun of for caring about their appearance. Girls get called high maintenance when they do.

I've let my hair get long, its about 8-9 inches on top and people call it girly. Well yea, I guess its girly compared to the inch or so most dudes have in SoCal. I had my hair super short last year, got bored with it and wanted to change things up. I also workout alot and care about the way I dress. So to some people, I'd fall into the "dude must be gay" category. I fall into the above average looks category I'd say, feel douchey saying that lol. My pic is on my profile so you be the judge.

As stated, I've from SoCal as well and just like the blogger, I'm well traveled. Europeans care WAY more about their looks than Americans. They look down at fat people, they really do. The stores really don't cater to oveweight people there like they do here. Just as long as your not fat, you're fine there. Over here, the "extremely handsome/sexy" the men are built like action figures and the women have very little body fat. America are the land of extremes.

Americans get REAL defensive when an American tells the truth about Americans. This country is filled with overweight low hygiened slobs.
true true

saw your pic

are you Indian?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty