U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Men's Fashion Cities
Boston 3 11.54%
Dallas 4 15.38%
San Francisco 8 30.77%
New York 17 65.38%
Denver 0 0%
Washington, D.C 7 26.92%
Atlanta 2 7.69%
Philadelphia 1 3.85%
LA 5 19.23%
Houston 2 7.69%
Las Vegas 2 7.69%
Chicago 4 15.38%
Minneapolis 1 3.85%
Miami 4 15.38%
Seattle 3 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-27-2013, 02:50 PM
JL
 
7,316 posts, read 11,511,777 times
Reputation: 7173

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Speak for yourself, please. Suits aren't as big a deal here, but expensive jeans and shoes certainly are.
Nah...maybe you and i do, but most of the guys in Houston don't dress up..whether it is expensive jeans or shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-27-2013, 03:19 PM
 
Location: The Magnolia City
8,931 posts, read 11,367,432 times
Reputation: 4853
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Nah...maybe you and i do, but most of the guys in Houston don't dress up..whether it is expensive jeans or shoes.
Most of the men in ALL cities do not dress up. Have you ever been to New York? The city is not filled with GQ and Vogue models like the media would have you believe. Being fashionable isn't as important to Americans as it is Europeans, and people who dress up are always in the minority.

For the men in Houston who do dress up, the taste and quality is superior to most locales, in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2013, 04:37 PM
JL
 
7,316 posts, read 11,511,777 times
Reputation: 7173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Most of the men in ALL cities do not dress up. Have you ever been to New York? The city is not filled with GQ and Vogue models like the media would have you believe. Being fashionable isn't as important to Americans as it is Europeans, and people who dress up are always in the minority.

For the men in Houston who do dress up, the taste and quality is superior to most locales, in my opinion.
I haven't been to NY, but going to the downtown areas of LA, SF, Chicago, and D.C...the guys in general dress better than the guys in downtown Houston...from casual to suits...basically all around apparel. Obviously, i'm not comparing guys who dress up vs. other guys who dress up....just the eye test from observation... no question European men are better dressers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2013, 05:04 PM
 
Location: The Magnolia City
8,931 posts, read 11,367,432 times
Reputation: 4853
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I haven't been to NY, but going to the downtown areas of LA, SF, Chicago, and D.C...the guys in general dress better than the guys in downtown Houston...from casual to suits...basically all around apparel. Obviously, i'm not comparing guys who dress up vs. other guys who dress up....just the eye test from observation... no question European men are better dressers.
Okay, but downtown Houston is one very small part of a huge city, and is hardly an accurate place to observe such a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2013, 09:26 PM
 
1,324 posts, read 2,005,351 times
Reputation: 1037
NYC by far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top