U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 09:07 PM

1,463 posts, read 1,816,714 times

Advertisements

I thought most people did this? I wear my things often, yes. I would not repeat a shirt during the week, I at least wait a week before repeating a shirt or top. I usually do the same with pants to my job, but I might repeat a pair of slacks, like a black or brown pair that I really love after a few days (if I wore a pair Monday, and I did laundry in the week I might wear the pair again Thursday) but I don't do that too often. I try not to repeat anything to work during the work week.

But each week yeah, of course. Again, most people I work with do this, repeat their wardrobe.
Weekends if I'm sitting at home yeah. But if I go out nah, I won't wear the same thing out say Friday evening then again on Saturday.

I don't know anyone who will wear something, then not repeat for weeks or months. Everyone I know or work with will repeat by the next week usually, most of their items. Most people I know might have an item they don't repeat, but that's because they usually find they don't like it or it doesn't fit that well after all. I have those items too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 08:10 AM

23,973 posts, read 31,197,999 times
I have basics that I wear every week, definitely. But I like to dress nicely, and I have a lot of nice clothes, so I try to switch it up when I can. My biggest challenge with my work wardrobe is that I go to the gym at lunch and do 30 minutes of intense cardio, 5 days a week. However in the warmer months, even after showering, it's a challenge to completely stop sweating by the time I get back to the office. So I can't wear things that cling or are too heavy. In cooler weather, it's not as much of an issue.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:09 AM

10,236 posts, read 13,544,131 times
I am not one to wear something just once and toss it in the laundry unless it truly needs it.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:30 AM

3,141 posts, read 1,233,302 times
I recently did a major move--Hawaii to Minnesota--and got rid of nearly everything I owned, keeping just two suitcases of clothes.

So, yeah, I wear the same clothes a lot, but try to change up combinations, and not wear the same thing to the same place twice in a row.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:37 AM

13,453 posts, read 24,259,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I recently did a major move--Hawaii to Minnesota--and got rid of nearly everything I owned, keeping just two suitcases of clothes.

So, yeah, I wear the same clothes a lot, but try to change up combinations, and not wear the same thing to the same place twice in a row.
Wow! That's quite a move. You are in for shock in just a few months!

Old 07-10-2018, 09:39 AM

13,453 posts, read 24,259,357 times
I am always working on stuff around the house and I have a lot of trashed 'work clothes'. They don't look good but I wash and wear over and over. Makes no sense to me to wear nice clothes to work with chemicals, trim palm trees, or move rocks.

Old 07-10-2018, 04:32 PM

8,211 posts, read 7,504,031 times
I work in human resources in the restaurant biz so I wear whatever I want.

My uniform consists of white jeans, Manolos, and a cute top.

Old 07-10-2018, 04:39 PM

65 posts, read 20,397 times
Yes, it’s strange because I have a lot of clothes but I always seem to grab the same few pieces again and again.

Old 07-10-2018, 06:58 PM

19 posts, read 5,853 times
I am retired so no more scrubs for me. I have 2 different types of clothes. the staying home clothes which is just colored tshirts and leggings or shorts if warm. when going out will change into my street clothes where the clothes are a step up from tshirts of every color.

I am a large women 2x and it hard to dress nice when you are only 5ft 2inch 200lbs. so that is why I have 2 sets of clothes. house clothes and street clothes lol

Old 07-11-2018, 09:18 AM

4,450 posts, read 1,519,044 times
I have clothes. Lots of clothes. I like variety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty