U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 08:27 AM

9,100 posts, read 3,923,269 times

Advertisements

I have a lot of clothes but seem to gravitate to the same 10 outfits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 09:16 AM

5 posts, read 1,175 times
I work in Accounting, I don't repeat cloths until after about 2 weeks.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:19 AM

4,629 posts, read 7,192,146 times
I wear a lot of my pink polo shirts repeatedly, and they are still in good condition.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:06 AM
Status: "Happy Birthday to all October babies." (set 24 days ago)

852 posts, read 463,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I'm retired and I also retired my rather extensive, professional work wardrobe. I have not replaced it with an expansive wardrobe of casual clothes, just enough for a little variety and appropriate cleanliness. There's no one I need to impress and I don't have ay reason to spend a whole lot on clothing. I purchase good quality, just not a bunch of it.
I'm with you. I gave away all my clothing that I purchased from Casual Corners years ago - beautiful suits with nice skirts etc I dress down - Have skinning jeans - skinny capris - lots of different blouses and that's it. I'm 65 yrs old and dress nicely-always squeaky clean and I smell good. I am a perfectionist when it comes to my hair. :-)

Old 07-15-2018, 06:58 AM

15,565 posts, read 8,742,257 times
I practice the ten-item-wardrobe philosophy, so, yes, I wear the same clothes repeatedly.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:26 AM

4,615 posts, read 6,115,918 times
I've talked to friends about this and we have agreed that we tend to wear a few items most of the time, while we don't wear the rest very often. One friend and I agreed that when we bought something, we didn't know if it would soon become a favorite, or one of those items that gets left in the closet. Sometimes a very cheap item can become a favorite. She and I both have a summer dress that we bought for less than $15 that has become our absolute favorite.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:41 PM

10,520 posts, read 11,628,203 times
When I worked, I wore the exact same clothes everyday. The only exception was summer I could wear short sleeve shirt, winter was long sleeve shirt and a tie.

Now I'm retired I wear mostly jeans, tshirts in summer or jeans long sleeve plaid shirts in winter.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:24 PM

22,702 posts, read 21,750,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readrbuff2018 View Post
I am retired so no more scrubs for me. I have 2 different types of clothes. the staying home clothes which is just colored tshirts and leggings or shorts if warm. when going out will change into my street clothes where the clothes are a step up from tshirts of every color.

I am a large women 2x and it hard to dress nice when you are only 5ft 2inch 200lbs. so that is why I have 2 sets of clothes. house clothes and street clothes lol
I'm not going to cook, clean, or garden in my good clothes. I like to wear what I'm cooking and must look Pig Pen from Charlie Brown after working in the yard. I can be very, um, enthusiastic about what I'm doing.

I do tend to wear the same things over and over. The clothes which fit well, are comfortable, and I think look good, are the ones I wear most often.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:17 AM

6,014 posts, read 6,518,511 times
I worked three weekdays, and two weekend days. On the weekend days, I wore the same three outfits to work for years.
They were solid pieces, that each went with the other. Any pants I pulled out of the dryer, went with any top.

Weekends were jeans, and any T-shirt I had.

Recently I saw a blog by a woman who has only 28 pieces of clothing TOTAL, includes coats, sweaters, summer and winter clothes. (She lives a minimalist lifestyle in all things)

I've been thinking about going VERY minimalist with my clothing. It really was nice not having to think about what to wear. And I have clothes on clothes on clothes. Not enough closet space to hold everything.
So....as soon as I can bring myself psychologically to get rid of (donate) all the perfectly good clothes I have but NEVER wear -- some with tags still on them -- I'm going minimalist. Right now I could easily fill a 20x20 walk in closet.

I'm seriously thinking about having something like 5 pants, 5 tops, 5 dresses, 5 t-shirts, NO skirts, 5 pairs of shoes, 3 sweaters, 3 coats....but I just don't know if I can pare down that much. Maybe I'll start with just keep HALF of what I have now. You gotta start somewhere, right

Old 07-17-2018, 02:48 PM

2,062 posts, read 1,325,490 times
I love capsule wardrobe especially because I live in an area that has all 4 season. so my wardrobe has to change every 2-3 months including transition month where its summer and winter weather in same week. I try to have fix amount of clothes per season and then store them away. So I repeat outfits weekly if not sooner depending on my laundry situation. My coworkers do the same. No big deal.

Beginning of season I try to be bit fashionable and try to mix and match items to create multiple looks. And I try to get myself to wear some of the nicer stuff. But after few weeks I give up and my memory takes over. So I wear the same shirt with same pants. I wear same style. Like I started this summer off with few nice tops & planned on several mixed outfits. But now that it is full blown summer, I am in tshirt & slim pants everyday. forget the nice light cardigan and shawl I saved up, forget the beautiful blouse I set aside. I can't be bothered with any of those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty