U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 01:11 PM

1,955 posts, read 3,626,989 times

Advertisements

Oh, and we can add to this list people who wear clothes that are 2-3 sizes too small. too tight clothes to NOT make you look sexy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 01:30 PM

1,193 posts, read 1,467,320 times
I take pity on people wearing pjs to the grocery store if they look obviously frazzled and perhaps have been up all night with a sick child. Tattoos don't bother me.

But as for having stuff written like a billboard across your butt, I just think that looks cheap.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:44 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,315,563 times
Could someone please explain to ME why people are...

worrying about what other people look like and the choices they make. Mind your own business.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:00 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,111,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
Oh, and we can add to this list people who wear clothes that are 2-3 sizes too small. too tight clothes to NOT make you look sexy.
Amen to that. Makes you look like 20 lbs. of crap in a 10 lb. bag.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:15 PM

108 posts, read 93,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Low rise jeans on women wearing thongs. I don't care whatever underwear you're wearing and I certainly don't need to know the color.
OMG, I thought that had bitten the dust.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativenancy View Post
Could someone please explain to ME why people are...

worrying about what other people look like and the choices they make. Mind your own business.
So what does your neck tat say, dear?

Old 07-31-2013, 02:20 PM

2,612 posts, read 4,586,684 times
OK, what is the deal with bra straps sticking out?? When did that become OK? I think it looks awful and sloppy.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatbar View Post
I take pity on people wearing pjs to the grocery store if they look obviously frazzled and perhaps have been up all night with a sick child. Tattoos don't bother me.

But as for having stuff written like a billboard across your butt, I just think that looks cheap.
Sugar, I said the child was wearing a full set of pjs, NOT the mom!

Old 07-31-2013, 02:39 PM

8,214 posts, read 9,093,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Goodwin View Post
Could someone please explain to me why people are doing (or continuing to do) the following:

1. Wear pajama bottoms out of the house. I mean actual flannel, not jogging pants or whatever. I actually saw a girl wearing a whole set of pajamas at high noon. Her mother was with her. This girl was not a toddler; she was of grade school age. What parent allows their kid to leave the house in their jammies?!

2. Get tats. I know, I know, I am a weirdo for not having any. Most people from 18-50 have them. I am 47 so I still have a few years to "fit in." But I find them trashy as hell, although occasionally I see some artsy types who have sleeves of tats and it seems pretty natural for them to sport tats. But tramp stamps? How about neck tats? Nothing screams 'prison industrial complex' better than that. And I finally saw it all last night: a dude with tats all over his face.

3. Girls (and even women!) with PINK or JUICY written across their butts: what is UP with that? So you WANT me to look at your azz? Really?
I see #1 now and then but not that often. I work in a large retail store so I see it all. I also see #2 a lot...more than pj's, for sure. I work with a gal who used to live across the street from me. Her husband is tattoo'd everywhere, including his head and face. He's never been in prison. I don't see #3 anymore unless it's really rare. Most stores have stopped selling stuff like that and what they do sell isn't all that 'out there'.

I think people ought to hone their sense of humor. I'd rather laugh at some of those people than get all judgmental on them. How they dress and what they look like doesn't affect me or my life in any way and I do find it amusing. If they don't care why should I? lol

Old 07-31-2013, 03:03 PM

2,572 posts, read 6,258,861 times
Many schools have "pajama day".

As for tattoos:

""The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is tattooed people don't care if you are not tattooed."

I have seven tattoos, that I acquired over a span of 20 years, but you wouldn't know if I didn't want you to know. I would never personally get a tattoo that I couldn't cover but that's my personal preference.

I would also never wear anything plastered across my butt but I reserve judgment for parents who dress their kids that way. That bothers me. Why would you want to draw attention to your 12 year old daughter's rear end?

What adults do is their own business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty