U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 03:07 PM

108 posts, read 93,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I see #1 now and then but not that often. I work in a large retail store so I see it all. I also see #2 a lot...more than pj's, for sure. I work with a gal who used to live across the street from me. Her husband is tattoo'd everywhere, including his head and face. He's never been in prison. I don't see #3 anymore unless it's really rare. Most stores have stopped selling stuff like that and what they do sell isn't all that 'out there'.

I think people ought to hone their sense of humor. I'd rather laugh at some of those people than get all judgmental on them. How they dress and what they look like doesn't affect me or my life in any way and I do find it amusing. If they don't care why should I? lol
I'd laugh if I wasn't weeping for our country. It hurts my eyes. Sagging pants are symbolic for a decay in pride and chaos in society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 03:13 PM

5,458 posts, read 6,127,125 times
OP....the things you list describe people of a certain....well....class.

And it is not becoming.

I used to think I t was a cry for help. Now? It is just crying out.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:30 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,366,795 times
I live in the only place in the world where supermarket shopping in your pjs is so commonplace that no one turns a hair.

In fact I was walking through the city the other day and saw a little Chinese girl, beautifully dressed and groomed, with a pair of slippers on her feet.

I think she must've been so proud of her "Ugg Boots" but they are not uggs, they are sheepskin slippers from Big W, $35 a pop but I got mine on special for $25.

They're not built for walking so every step she took she nearly fell out of them. I have a pair exactly the same at home - they're NOT OUTDOOR FOOTWEAR.

The price alone should've told her "hey gurl, these aren't High Fashion".

Anyway no one else was even looking and she felt quite fine wearing them because she is in "casual land".

WOOL WHITE WOMEN'S GENUINE SHEEPSKIN SLIPPERS BOOTS 100% PURE WITH LACES on eBay!

Old 07-31-2013, 03:37 PM

13,107 posts, read 17,646,574 times
okay no.1 lazy as hell to wear pjs out I dont do that and it is pretty obvious that ppl dont care what they look like doing this . I have self respect .
no.2 no tattoos never will have , got physically ill watching a girl get a tattoo .
no.3 no woman should ever wear juicy or etc across their butt its tacky ...

Old 07-31-2013, 05:00 PM

2,890 posts, read 5,154,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
OP nr 1. and 3. are so easy to fix, but nr 2. not. I do not like tattoos to and do not have any. Plus I didnít see any millionaire carry them outside of entertainment.
I don't see many millionaires! And I don't even have tattoos!

Old 07-31-2013, 05:03 PM

2,890 posts, read 5,154,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I think she must've been so proud of her "Ugg Boots" but they are not uggs, they are sheepskin slippers from Big W, $35 a pop but I got mine on special for $25.
Don't even get me started on UGGS. Fake or real - they are not a fashion statement any more than grunge is/was haute couture.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:18 PM

26,876 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
Don't even get me started on UGGS. Fake or real - they are not a fashion statement any more than grunge is/was haute couture.
I had a really good laugh when I was in the mall, and I saw a man with his around 7 year old son. The kid goes:
"Dad, I think I know why those shoes are called uggs."
"Why?"
"Because they are UGGLY!"

Everyone nearby started snickering.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:21 PM

557 posts, read 1,171,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie5v View Post
OK, what is the deal with bra straps sticking out?? When did that become OK? I think it looks awful and sloppy.
That's how I've always felt about bra straps showing on purpose. If you're wearing a racerback top, spaghetti straps, etc why not wear the right bra under it?

Old 07-31-2013, 05:30 PM

8,244 posts, read 9,100,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Goodwin View Post
I'd laugh if I wasn't weeping for our country. It hurts my eyes. Sagging pants are symbolic for a decay in pride and chaos in society.
That's another thing we don't see much of around here. Maybe because I live in a smallish town, I don't know. I do know that a few years ago I used to see a lot more saggy pants than I do now. I used to laugh and wish I could wiggle my nose, make their pants fall and then wiggle it again so they couldn't stand up when they bent over to pull them up. lol

I don't believe that about saggy pants...decay/chaos, etc.. It just means some guys think they are 'macho' and trying to emulate...something. They'll get over it.

Why are you "weeping for our country"? No need for that.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:38 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,794,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Goodwin View Post
So what does your neck tat say, dear?
Mine is a propeller that I got when I received my private pilots license Right smack on my neck under my ear. I'm sure I confused lots of people when I stepped out of my companies private jet with my full sleeve and neck tattoo

Quote:
I don't see many millionaires! And I don't even have tattoos!
I've known plenty (being in aviation lets you meet all kinds of wealthy folks) and surprisingly, it was a rarity that any of them cared about my tattoos. Many had a few themselves and were more interested in the stories behind mine than judging me for being inferior.

Quote:
You can pry my Uggs out of my cold, dead hands...or feet I guess. I have circulatory issues and wool socks with my knock-off Uggs make winter bearable for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty