U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 05:47 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,052,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
Don't even get me started on UGGS. Fake or real - they are not a fashion statement any more than grunge is/was haute couture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I had a really good laugh when I was in the mall, and I saw a man with his around 7 year old son. The kid goes:
"Dad, I think I know why those shoes are called uggs."
"Why?"
"Because they are UGGLY!"

Everyone nearby started snickering.
They certainly are UGGLY! And I've seen girls/women wear them in the middle of summer with dresses.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 05:53 PM

16,488 posts, read 15,932,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
They certainly are UGGLY! And I've seen girls/women wear them in the middle of summer with dresses.

I agree that wearing warm boots during cold weather is great but we had a heat wave two weeks ago and I saw 20 some year olds wearing Ugg boots with summer dresses or short shorts in 95 to 100 degree weather! Now, that is crazy!

Old 07-31-2013, 06:56 PM

26,877 posts, read 28,163,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I agree that wearing warm boots during cold weather is great but we had a heat wave two weeks ago and I saw 20 some year olds wearing Ugg boots with summer dresses or short shorts in 95 to 100 degree weather! Now, that is crazy!
I live somewhere that is only cold enough for uggs 5x a year. Maybe. And people wear them year round. I think it is silly.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:24 PM

2,799 posts, read 2,515,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Goodwin View Post
Could someone please explain to me why people are doing (or continuing to do) the following:

1. Wear pajama bottoms out of the house. I mean actual flannel, not jogging pants or whatever. I actually saw a girl wearing a whole set of pajamas at high noon. Her mother was with her. This girl was not a toddler; she was of grade school age. What parent allows their kid to leave the house in their jammies?!

2. Get tats. I know, I know, I am a weirdo for not having any. Most people from 18-50 have them. I am 47 so I still have a few years to "fit in." But I find them trashy as hell, although occasionally I see some artsy types who have sleeves of tats and it seems pretty natural for them to sport tats. But tramp stamps? How about neck tats? Nothing screams 'prison industrial complex' better than that. And I finally saw it all last night: a dude with tats all over his face.

3. Girls (and even women!) with PINK or JUICY written across their butts: what is UP with that? So you WANT me to look at your azz? Really?
Have you heard of crowd sourcing, crowd funding etc...? This is what I call 'crowd fashion' -- the "Jerry Springer Show Guest crowd fashion"

Old 07-31-2013, 09:48 PM

2,726 posts, read 3,693,210 times
I am too cheap to buy UGGs; however, in the winter, I think I would like them. As far as tats, I always wonder what those people will look like when they are in their 70's and '80's? I seriously doubt the tat will look that "cool" then. JMHO :-)

Old 07-31-2013, 09:53 PM

72,716 posts, read 64,203,456 times
Where I live, it's the guys who wear PJ bottoms outside and to the store. Women are more fashionable. We also have male cashiers who wear their pants down below their rear ends, so they're basically wearing underwear, and their jeans are more like knee-warmers.

Can anyone explain why the baggy pants trend has been so tenacious? It's been 20 years, and counting... In some parts of the US, anyway.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:04 PM

2,572 posts, read 6,265,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
I am too cheap to buy UGGs; however, in the winter, I think I would like them. As far as tats, I always wonder what those people will look like when they are in their 70's and '80's? I seriously doubt the tat will look that "cool" then. JMHO :-)
What do you think the rest of their body is going to look like, the non-tattooed parts? Taut and smooth? Youthful and glowing? nope. So it won't really matter much.

Last edited by Sally_Sparrow; 07-31-2013 at 11:08 PM..

Old 08-01-2013, 12:12 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,798,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
What do you think the rest of their body is going to look like, the non-tattooed parts? Taut and smooth? Youthful and glowing? nope. So it won't really matter much.
Didn't you know? People who don't have tattoos will look like supermodels in their 70s!

I also wonder how the 'anti tattoo' crowd feels about tanning, because that will ruin your skin far more quickly than tattooing ever will.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:18 AM

35,121 posts, read 37,830,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Goodwin View Post
Could someone please explain to me why people are doing (or continuing to do) the following:

1. Wear pajama bottoms out of the house. I mean actual flannel, not jogging pants or whatever. I actually saw a girl wearing a whole set of pajamas at high noon. Her mother was with her. This girl was not a toddler; she was of grade school age. What parent allows their kid to leave the house in their jammies?!

2. Get tats. I know, I know, I am a weirdo for not having any. Most people from 18-50 have them. I am 47 so I still have a few years to "fit in." But I find them trashy as hell, although occasionally I see some artsy types who have sleeves of tats and it seems pretty natural for them to sport tats. But tramp stamps? How about neck tats? Nothing screams 'prison industrial complex' better than that. And I finally saw it all last night: a dude with tats all over his face.

3. Girls (and even women!) with PINK or JUICY written across their butts: what is UP with that? So you WANT me to look at your azz? Really?

1. If this is not your child why in the hades would you give a hoot owl's poop what they wear? None of your business.

2. Nothing like a narrow minded, judgmental, better than anyone who has a tattoo human to tell everyone how trashy WE are.
NEWS FLASH: That Bank Manager you had to talk to for that last loan approval has tattoos AND (gasp) rides a Harley on the weekends with all his low life millionaire biker buddies who also have tattoos and are CEO's, CFO's, Golf Pro's, Professional Athletes, Doctors, Lawyers, Judges, etc, etc, etc.

3. The entire point of anything written on one's clothing is so someone will look at it. Don't like it, don't read it.

Next...

Old 08-01-2013, 08:17 AM

108 posts, read 93,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
1. If this is not your child why in the hades would you give a hoot owl's poop what they wear? None of your business.

2. Nothing like a narrow minded, judgmental, better than anyone who has a tattoo human to tell everyone how trashy WE are.
NEWS FLASH: That Bank Manager you had to talk to for that last loan approval has tattoos AND (gasp) rides a Harley on the weekends with all his low life millionaire biker buddies who also have tattoos and are CEO's, CFO's, Golf Pro's, Professional Athletes, Doctors, Lawyers, Judges, etc, etc, etc.

3. The entire point of anything written on one's clothing is so someone will look at it. Don't like it, don't read it.

Next...
"Hoot owl's poop?" Well, yee haw! Bless your little heart! LOL...So what does your tramp stamp say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty