Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 07:13 PM

11 posts, read 26,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
I saw a lady in Home Depot wearing a pink velor suit with PINK! on the butt, she had a small pompom of hair dyed pink right on her crown and was carrying a poor Maltese which also had a small pompom of hair dyed pink too .. this lady was about 70 :\
I'm gonna do all that stuff when I'm 70, too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 07:16 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Goodwin View Post
I don't think some people get it. I don't think people with tats are "weirdos!" Matter of fact, it's such a cliche now to get a tat that those of us who are ink-free are the freaks.

In terms of race/ethnicity and tats, that is a good point. A BP with a tat will seem low-class but a WP is just artsy. I don't think tats are very popular amongst Hispanics but someone correct me if I am wrong. Same goes for Asians (including Middle-Easterners). I don't think tats generally look good on BP, especially if their skin is a darker shade. The ink tends to look more blotchy.
Tatts are popular across all groups. I see them everywhere on everyone. Lots of latinos where I live hav tatts. It is safe to say it might even be 50/50 for tatts for people under 40.

For people who are darker, it is tricky to get multi-colored tattoos do to contrast issues, but I haven't seen "Blotchy" tattoos. Sounds like you say a poor tattoo job, skin tone has no relationship.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:28 PM

108 posts, read 134,953 times
By blotchy, I meant the tat fades into the woodwork, so to speak. Yes, a bright-colored tat on darker skin looks better and even quite nice. I saw a young Black woman with very dark skin and she had a bright red band tat around her upper arm and it looked okay. It's tribal art and not just typical trashy look. LOL--I always think back to Popeye's tat of the anchor. Occasionally I will see older men (with wrinked arms) and an anchor on one arm because they were in the military or whatever...Yuck!

Old 08-02-2013, 11:36 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,097,760 times
WOW OP, you come off as the most judgmental person ever. #1-it was a child, maybe the child was sick or it was pj day at school. #2 tattoos, why do you care? I know some highly successful people with full sleeves. Having a tattoo doesn't make them any less ambitious.
#3 only one I agree with you.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:55 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Mine is a propeller that I got when I received my private pilots license Right smack on my neck under my ear. I'm sure I confused lots of people when I stepped out of my companies private jet with my full sleeve and neck tattoo

I've known plenty (being in aviation lets you meet all kinds of wealthy folks) and surprisingly, it was a rarity that any of them cared about my tattoos. Many had a few themselves and were more interested in the stories behind mine than judging me for being inferior.

You can pry my Uggs out of my cold, dead hands...or feet I guess. I have circulatory issues and wool socks with my knock-off Uggs make winter bearable for me
Actually I now realize that I do know one millionaire - and he has tattoos! Go figure!

And as for your Uggs - they are perfectly functional. I am not under the impression that you are trying to pass them off as high fashion. You get a hall pass on that one!

Old 08-03-2013, 08:07 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,134 times
I don't have tattoos - it's kind of weird cause I feel like most everyone does, but I don't. I don't care that anyone else does, so I hate that silly saying about the difference between those that do and don't - I have no feelings toward them whatsoever. I don't have them because I change my mind too much, and every one I ever thought about getting, I would regret. I also am too wimpy. They just aren't me. I can't imagine caring if anyone else has them. I can imagine getting one later as a tribute to a loved one though.

As for caring or not caring what others do, well if we can't discuss or have opinions on what others do, there'd be no forums! I understand the whole "minding your own business" and not being judgemental, but why can't we have discussions on fashion choices? I think it's OK to vent opinions and see what others think. When you see someone cross your path, an opinion or thought is going to jump in your head, sometimes you can't help it. If you can't talk about it here, then there's no forum. Boring.

I never thought much of kids wearing PJs, but adults wearing PJs, ugh. Although if I was sick and had to run down to Walgreens I might. I try to never wear PJs in public and NEVER wear things that say stuff across my butt. Yeah I think it's tacky, but if someone wants to do it oh well. Not like I sit around dwelling on it.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:13 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Could someone please explain to me why people are doing (or continuing to do) the following:

1. Wear pajama bottoms out of the house. I mean actual flannel, not jogging pants or whatever. I actually saw a girl wearing a whole set of pajamas at high noon. Her mother was with her. This girl was not a toddler; she was of grade school age. What parent allows their kid to leave the house in their jammies?!

2. Get tats. I know, I know, I am a weirdo for not having any. Most people from 18-50 have them. I am 47 so I still have a few years to "fit in." But I find them trashy as hell, although occasionally I see some artsy types who have sleeves of tats and it seems pretty natural for them to sport tats. But tramp stamps? How about neck tats? Nothing screams 'prison industrial complex' better than that. And I finally saw it all last night: a dude with tats all over his face.

3. Girls (and even women!) with PINK or JUICY written across their butts: what is UP with that? So you WANT me to look at your azz? Really?
There is no explanation. I know that tattoos are "trendy" right now but as far as I can tell they are low class.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-03-2013, 01:08 PM

855 posts, read 1,383,887 times
Quote:
Could someone please explain to me why people are doing (or continuing to do) the following:

1. Wear pajama bottoms out of the house. I mean actual flannel, not jogging pants or whatever. I actually saw a girl wearing a whole set of pajamas at high noon. Her mother was with her. This girl was not a toddler; she was of grade school age. What parent allows their kid to leave the house in their jammies?!

2. Get tats. I know, I know, I am a weirdo for not having any. Most people from 18-50 have them. I am 47 so I still have a few years to "fit in." But I find them trashy as hell, although occasionally I see some artsy types who have sleeves of tats and it seems pretty natural for them to sport tats. But tramp stamps? How about neck tats? Nothing screams 'prison industrial complex' better than that. And I finally saw it all last night: a dude with tats all over his face.

3. Girls (and even women!) with PINK or JUICY written across their butts: what is UP with that? So you WANT me to look at your azz? Really?
I am with you on the pajama thing. I have seen the pajama party girls going to school so that's acceptable. When I see women sporting their PJs in public comfortably and proudly, it does make me shake my head. Tattoos are a matter of personal opinion, especially when we're talking about tramp stamps. A tattoo that's hidden is what I like best on a woman. Not big on women who get ink all over their bodies.

Bare skin is still beautiful to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty