U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 06:06 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,015,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
Thought I would add to the recent bit of threads on tattoos and thong underwear.

Do guys like them?

I saw a young girl tramp stamped with a huge tattooed phallus with skulls and chains pointing downward between her cheeks! Scared the crap outta me! Subliminal message maybe? What's up with that? Is it a sexual thing ladies? I'd be too afraid of laughing at it and losing blood flow if you know what I mean. Almost did one time but I closed my eyes and got through the night.

I also wonder if I'm treading on murky territory using the word tramp in this situation here? You just don't know who's gonna get offending and what lies waiting in the mailbox......
Tramp Stamps are nasty. They are a huge turn-off. From a guy's perspective, a woman's body is most beautiful as it is, without it being defaced with graffiti.

And for those folks who don't like my opinion, they can go pound sand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 06:11 PM

7,963 posts, read 3,745,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
There is no way to prove it and you're decidedly wrong. A great many properly brought up young ladies have gotten tattoos over the past couple of decades. A bit of typical youthful independence and the faddishness of it has lured many. It doesn't mean they're any less ladies. It just means they have some ink.
What is interesting about what you typed is how some may have gotten them as a form of rebellion and/or youthful independence. Many a generation has done the same with clothes, hairstyles, music tastes, etc.

The trouble with tats is that when you grow out of your hormone induced stupidity, unlike where you can change your clothes, cut your hair, and generally conform to a more mature appearance, with tats, you do not have that option short of expensive and time consuming laser removal. So the ability to change youthful indiscretion is not there.

Another funny thing is that most people will look back at how "cheesy they looked" and laugh about it with their kids or friends. The funny parachute pants, ponytail and peace symbol on dad, etc.
Yet people with tats are stuck with them, so they seem to develop a defensiveness about them as an acceptable choice then, and even now. It gets to the point with some, that they embrace being full of tats to the point they continue to add more. There does not seem to be the same shame or embarrassment when someone gets a glimpse of an old photo or clothes in the closet. I wonder if they will feel the same way when they are grandmothers.

Do you think it is because of the aforementioned, or do you or anyone else have a different theory?

BTW - there is almost nothing worse than seeing a modern day hippie who still has an earing and ponytail even though he is a grown man. Still they have the ability to get out of the 60's anytime they like where someone with a tramp stamp does not, even when they will be called granny.

`

Old 08-01-2013, 06:18 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,898,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
The tattoo the OP describes is absolutely degrading and disgusting - where did you meet a woman like that?

I bet they called: 1-800-IWANTATRAMPWITHASTAMP

This is almost the silliest thing I've read on this forum. It is NOT a "tramp stamp", it is a tattoo that someone has chosen to put on their body because it is their body.

Is your hairdresser degrading and disgusting? I bet she has one. How about your Doctor? Dentist? Banker?

A tattoo means someone has chosen to put ink on their body, it does not mean they are trashy, degrading, disgusting or abnormal.

To even have that thought let alone actually write it on a public forum is nothing more than narrow minded, judgemental and just plain ridiculous.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:21 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,898,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
What is interesting about what you typed is how some may have gotten them as a form of rebellion and/or youthful independence. Many a generation has done the same with clothes, hairstyles, music tastes, etc.

The trouble with tats is that when you grow out of your hormone induced stupidity, unlike where you can change your clothes, cut your hair, and generally conform to a more mature appearance, with tats, you do not have that option short of expensive and time consuming laser removal. So the ability to change youthful indiscretion is not there.

Another funny thing is that most people will look back at how "cheesy they looked" and laugh about it with their kids or friends. The funny parachute pants, ponytail and peace symbol on dad, etc.
Yet people with tats are stuck with them, so they seem to develop a defensiveness about them as an acceptable choice then, and even now. It gets to the point with some, that they embrace being full of tats to the point they continue to add more. There does not seem to be the same shame or embarrassment when someone gets a glimpse of an old photo or clothes in the closet. I wonder if they will feel the same way when they are grandmothers.

Do you think it is because of the aforementioned, or do you or anyone else have a different theory?

BTW - there is almost nothing worse than seeing a modern day hippie who still has an earing and ponytail even though he is a grown man. Still they have the ability to get out of the 60's anytime they like where someone with a tramp stamp does not, even when they will be called granny.

`

I'm a grandmother and have been for quite a few years now and I am not now and was not then ashamed of getting tattoos. I got them done because I wanted them done, end of story.

PS ~~ Anyone who does not like my opinion about getting/having tattoos should go stick their head in the sand while I pound on it...

Old 08-01-2013, 06:30 PM

8,938 posts, read 15,873,869 times
shoot - I had a coworker who got her first tattoo as a retirement gift to herself ......... however, in retrospect that was probably the youthful indiscretion of a sinning prostitute

Old 08-01-2013, 06:37 PM

11,405 posts, read 16,022,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
The lower back is an excellent choice for a tattoo. The skin doesn't change much, even with weight gain, weight loss, or pregnancy, there isn't much movement there for a tattoo to distort (like having a tattoo on your arm and you twist your arm...it distorts the image) and it's a relatively flat and decently large area to get a tattoo.

From an anatomical perspective, the mid to lower back is one of the choicest areas to get a tattoo. There are some women who get it because it makes them feel sexy, but for the most part it seems to be an aesthetically pleasing place to put a tattoo. For the record, I don't have one so I really have no pony in this race.

Oh..forgot this was C-D...

LOL TATTOOS ARE FOR HOES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
For one thing, probably the fact that it's both easy to conceal and expose, depending on one's desire at the moment. You can easily keep it covered if you choose to, but also display it if you choose to without having to perpetrate indecent exposure.
Both of these. My lower back is the only place I'd consider for a tattoo. Why? Because I wanted my tattoo somewhere that no one would see (which cancels out anything mid-thigh down or mid-back up) and wouldn't distort over time due to weight fluctuations or pregnancy (which cancels out the tush, hips, belly, and upper legs). That leaves my lower back. Only my significant other sees it, and despite the dramatic weight loss and gain I've experienced over the last few years thanks to chemo, my tattoo hasn't shifted or stretched one iota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
"Tramp Stamp" aka: "Stripper Bar Code" I don't care what they say. Forty to 50 years from now I'll bet some of them are hanging down on their floppy buns.
Not likely. That's a big reason why most of us got our tattoos there. Too low to be effected by back fat, too high to sag with the tush over the years.

Last edited by charolastra00; 08-01-2013 at 06:59 PM..

Old 08-01-2013, 06:43 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,376,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by negativenancy View Post
I saw a man today with a lower back tattoo. Is that a new trend? For men to get them there?
Gosh I hope so.

Beats a welcome mat.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:39 PM

4,506 posts, read 5,264,021 times
Quote:
I'm a grandmother and have been for quite a few years now and I am not now and was not then ashamed of getting tattoos.
A lot of 35 year old grandmothers have tattoos!

Quote:
I saw a man today with a lower back tattoo. Is that a new trend? For men to get them there?
Was it a pointing down "Men at Work" tattoo?

Old 08-01-2013, 08:32 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,821,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

`

I received my first tattoo at 18 nearly 12 years ago...I still love it. The most recently one I got was a propeller behind my ear for finishing my private pilot license...but yeah, I guess it's nothing more than a 'youthful indiscretion' and 'rebellion'. How many rebellious youths have their pilots licenses?

Why should I feel shame over something I willing chose to do and really like? Personally, I look forward to being the old, crazy tattooed lady at the nursing home

And as far as the person who said they've never heard a person say they regret not getting tattoos... my Grandmother said she regrets not getting some when she was younger because of societies pressure to be 'ladylike'. She's a badass and I took her to get her first tattoo at age 63

Old 08-01-2013, 09:55 PM

26,894 posts, read 28,206,166 times
It is funny how a really practical spot to get a tat, is called the tramp stamp. It is a great place to conceal at work, since no one should see your low back at work (unless you work somewhere extremely casual).

I think it is called a tramp stamp because the people photographed it first were the same ladies that cropped tops, low rise jeans and visible thongs. Which is decidedly not very classy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty