Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 12:57 PM

240 posts, read 806,233 times

Advertisements

I am an artist and had been wanting a tattoo for a long time but wanted something that I drew and was meaningful to me. I sketched pictures for years in my journal before I decided on what I truly desired. I decided that the best place for it considering the scale and design would be more lower back. That was ten years ago at the age of 37. I am now 47 and do not regret it one bit. I know it is there and a reminder of my past and present but I do not feel the need to show it to the world therefore my little "tramp stamp" is in the perfect spot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 02:16 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,224,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
You have never seen your lower back? Ever?
Not that I can remember.

Maybe in a changing room once or twice accidentally but I believe I have literally gone decades without looking once at my upper butt crack.

I catch flashes of pink and smooth and the fellas sure like that area.

One lover used to stroke it, he said "it's so tender". I doubt he would have been quite so admiring if I'd had Oscar the Grouch staring up at him or something.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:07 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Given that quite a few of them have highly visible tattoos of racist symbols I would take an immediate pass on those

Not to mention that all but the last appear to have at least been processed through the system .... again I'll pass

As for the last one, probably not unless it fit the image/specialty of what I was doing

In many walks image does matter as does the first glance ... part of the reason why taller, good looking people make more money

However, not sure what this has to do with the original title aside from this:

The lower back is a place that will not distort as much with age, pregnancy, weight change, etc. It is really only visible when you want it to be. You can wear any number of sleeve options, open back options, shorts, shoes, etc. It doesn't limit your dress, doesn't limit your perception, is completely controlled by you and makes a good location from all practical reasons to avoid the type of judgement your posted subjects will face - for this type of thinking we must branish any women who does this as a ****
I suspect it has much to do with women doing things that "break the rules". A woman with a lower back tattoo can hide/display it as she chooses, can look "incognito". She might be a Sunday School teacher, a corporate attorney, a brain surgeon, or some other profession where the general population does not expect to see tattoos. And for daring to be who she is, and making the choice to have a tattoo that can be concealed or revealed when she chooses, she is punished by being branded with a distasteful label.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:47 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,394,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
I live in Florida and see so many tattoos - the fact that I don't have any makes me stand out - LOL
Good for you! That makes you the rebel while the rest are mere run-of-the-mill conformists.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:22 PM

17,574 posts, read 46,060,080 times
Shocking how this thread turned out. Shocking I tell you.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:25 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,394,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Then everyone is a conformist. Do you buy your clothes in a store? Conformist. Do you have a tattoo? Conformist. You don't have a tattoo? Conformist. Believe in a religion? Conformist. Atheist? Conformist.

So....basically anything you do is conforming to something else. We don't live in a vacuum, everyone's decisions are based on the world around us and nobody is original. Get over it.
JJ! I usually respect you and your posts. Now please look at my comment in context. If you're bipedal I suppose you could be accused of being a conformist; a 6'1", red-headed, green-eyed woman who flies, not so much.

My point was, where she lives she might just be a non-conformist when it comes to tattoos. Good for her. Hell, I'm a '60s combat veteran, never-used-drugs, former state narcotics agent married to an original '60s hippie. Hardly the stuff of conformity on either of our parts. We all have certain similarities but we also have our individualities. It's what makes our species fun.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:34 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,224,411 times
It's all irrelevant in the end anyway.

No matter how well you plan them, place them, or care for them, when you get to the old folks home you will be "the old lady/guy with the 5 smudges" or the four smudges, or the full back smudge, whatever.

Tattoos have a use-by date people...you cannot escape it.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
It's all irrelevant in the end anyway.

No matter how well you plan them, place them, or care for them, when you get to the old folks home you will be "the old lady/guy with the 5 smudges" or the four smudges, or the full back smudge, whatever.

Tattoos have a use-by date people...you cannot escape it.
Good call.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:12 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,016,792 times
Those pics just make me feel so much better for not inking myself anywhere thank you .

Old 08-02-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Those pics just make me feel so much better for not inking myself anywhere thank you .
I'm sure that is a great relief to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty