U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which look do women in the US find more attractive from your experience?
Blonde men with blue or green eyes 25 27.47%
Men Black hair, brown eyes, and tanned skin 66 72.53%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 12:17 AM

72,664 posts, read 64,140,481 times

Advertisements

More pics! This thread needs more pics. And hopefully, someone could find some dark-haired guys with longer hair. The hair's too short on that first bunch of guys. Wavy hair is nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 07:57 AM

9,483 posts, read 13,339,114 times
Not long hair, but I wouldn't kick him out of my bed for that http://www.theplace2.ru/archive/gilles_marini/img/y.jpg

Old 08-05-2013, 09:25 AM

2,890 posts, read 5,153,544 times
When I was younger, I liked tall blond and blue eyed - but the adult me fell hard for short dark and handsome!

Old 08-05-2013, 09:30 AM

627 posts, read 1,142,766 times
They all look a little too feminine for me...I like rough "real" men with goatees or beards, tattoos, etc =) Their eyebrows should never be arched more than mine and if they shave their bodies more than I do....ummm no thankyou. lol

Old 08-05-2013, 12:48 PM

Location: Olde English District, SC (look it up on Wikipedia)
244 posts, read 301,165 times
I actually kind of like darker hair with light eyes and a medium to olive complexion. I have dated men with various hair and eye colors, though. Even if I notice the dark-haired light-eyed guys first, the personality is what wins me over in the end.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:00 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,520,511 times
Of these guys I only like 1, 4, & 5. I love long hair on men, like #2, but don't care for this one's face.

Can't answer the poll because I don't have a favorite anymore. I used to be particularly attracted to blonde men but now I just like ALL types.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:07 PM

15,743 posts, read 13,171,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptedWords View Post
My friends and I sometimes get into fun debates about this. I know that for most women a man with Black hair and Blue eyes would probably be very attractive. Yet there are two looks which are as I say kind of generic. So out of these two kinds of look, which do women in America find more attractive?

Look 1: Blonde White men with blue or green eyes

Look 2: Men with Black hair, Brown eyes, and a tanned skin tone that is somewhat Olive or Light Brown. Can range from White males with very dark features like Joseph Gordon Levitt to Latino men or Brown men (Persians, Indians with a lighter complexion. Black men and Asian men do not necessarily fall into this category. Here are pictures of the kind of looks I am talking about.

Here are my thoughts.

I know they say "Tall Dark and Handsome" but I think that what women find attractive has to do with what media tells them is attractive. It is no question that most actors like Brad Pitt or Leonardo DiCaprio are Blonde and White. So generally I think that Blonde White men are the preference for most women in America simply because the media promotes them much more than their darker counterparts.

I am going to vote Category 1 based on personal experience.
First, you opened with arguably the best looking man currently alive. Alex Pettyfer, is beautiful and as he is aging getting vaguely sexy.

Second, can I just say "yes"? They are all good looking and physically attractive. Especially Jay Hernandez.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:52 PM

258 posts, read 331,913 times
All of the above, can I have one of each please?

Incidentally my husband I guess is a wildcard in this dichotomy. A ginger, with hazel eyes. Guess I go for all types, huh?

~Katy

Old 08-07-2013, 05:00 PM

452 posts, read 541,935 times
I was lucky enough to marry my ideal! Brown hair and green eyes

Old 08-07-2013, 10:53 PM

72,664 posts, read 64,140,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptedWords View Post
Given the poll options I am a bit flabbergasted TBH. The most attractive men in the US typically fall in either the first category or the middle category (White males with brown hair and green eyes like Channing Tatum). Even in real life I have noticed women tend to love men who are whiter looking (blonde men with tans) than their darker counterparts (Hispanic, Indian, and Arabic men).

Something just doesn't add up for this poll to be the way it would be.

Maybe older women love swarthy men while younger women prefer the Blonde look in men.
You don't know American life very well, judging by your thread in the World forum. The appeal of darker men has nothing to do with a woman's age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or