Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which look do women in the US find more attractive from your experience?
Blonde men with blue or green eyes 25 27.17%
Men Black hair, brown eyes, and tanned skin 67 72.83%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2013, 06:55 PM

133 posts, read 249,907 times

Advertisements

My friends and I sometimes get into fun debates about this. I know that for most women a man with Black hair and Blue eyes would probably be very attractive. Yet there are two looks which are as I say kind of generic. So out of these two kinds of look, which do women in America find more attractive?

Look 1: Blonde White men with blue or green eyes

Look 2: Men with Black hair, Brown eyes, and a tanned skin tone that is somewhat Olive or Light Brown. Can range from White males with very dark features like Joseph Gordon Levitt to Latino men or Brown men (Persians, Indians with a lighter complexion. Black men and Asian men do not necessarily fall into this category. Here are pictures of the kind of looks I am talking about.

Here are my thoughts.

I know they say "Tall Dark and Handsome" but I think that what women find attractive has to do with what media tells them is attractive. It is no question that most actors like Brad Pitt or Leonardo DiCaprio are Blonde and White. So generally I think that Blonde White men are the preference for most women in America simply because the media promotes them much more than their darker counterparts.

I am going to vote Category 1 based on personal experience.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 07:20 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,477,117 times
In like both 1 and 2
I really don't find Brad Pitt all that, but David Beckham is hot.
By the way, I don't let media's tell me what's attractive. For instance, I love Matt Damon. To me, he is totally sex..Lol
I do not like Johnny Depp as far as good looks but I like Tom Cruse.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Old 08-01-2013, 07:27 PM

22,571 posts, read 47,633,000 times
The media has nothing to do with it.

I have been married to a blue-eyed blonde for 32 years.... guess you know what look I settled on!

Old 08-01-2013, 07:31 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
Everyone is nice.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:31 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,160,204 times
All of the above. If I had to choose, I guess I gravitate toward blonder, lighter. But, really, if I think about it, I dated a Nordic looking blond and a Latino way back when, so ya, all of the above.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:33 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,741,192 times
I know "they" also say that we are naturally inclined to be attracted to people who look like us, for reproductive purposes, but that's never been true for me.

Whether it's women or men, I tend to like the opposite of me. I am fair, green eyed, straight/very slightly wavy light brown hair (my natural hair that is) that was blonde through childhood but I have always been attracted to darker complexions, dark hair, curly hair, dark eyes. Or, very dark hair and light eyes. My first born son's father has darker skin (light brown), dark hair, green eyes, and my wife has jet black hair and dark eyes and light brown skin also. I've always envied my mother's long dark thick hair and green eyes. I've somewhat "copied" it through good old hair dye though.

I've really never been attracted to men or women that meet the first group you described. There are a few exceptions, but only based on compelling personality / charm / charisma.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:23 PM

133 posts, read 249,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
I know "they" also say that we are naturally inclined to be attracted to people who look like us, for reproductive purposes, but that's never been true for me.

Whether it's women or men, I tend to like the opposite of me. I am fair, green eyed, straight/very slightly wavy light brown hair (my natural hair that is) that was blonde through childhood but I have always been attracted to darker complexions, dark hair, curly hair, dark eyes. Or, very dark hair and light eyes. My first born son's father has darker skin (light brown), dark hair, green eyes, and my wife has jet black hair and dark eyes and light brown skin also. I've always envied my mother's long dark thick hair and green eyes. I've somewhat "copied" it through good old hair dye though.

I've really never been attracted to men or women that meet the first group you described. There are a few exceptions, but only based on compelling personality / charm / charisma.
can you explain that part again?

Old 08-01-2013, 09:24 PM

22,571 posts, read 47,633,000 times
??
seems to make sense to me... considering it's a same sex couple.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:37 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,741,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
??
Yup. Explained.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:17 PM

361 posts, read 724,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
??
What's with the interrogation marks? What makes sense to you doesn't, for everyone else. I found it confusing too because she talked about her son's father and then her wife. I thought it was a typo. Believe it or not, this could actually be confusing to simple minded people like us.

Really, I don't have a preference I like both types. But then again, you have to get to know the person. You can't just go by looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty