U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 10:10 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,450,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Lmao @jet.

Should I highfive all the men that don't have fashion fopa's?
...faux pas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 08:11 AM

832 posts, read 1,315,696 times
Hmm... Looks like I don't get a "high five" from shortnblack.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:34 AM

42,565 posts, read 42,475,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
...faux pas?
Hahaha I just looked up what I said. Fopa is fat over pubic area. Lol thanks for correcting me.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:49 AM

7,497 posts, read 9,294,064 times
I'm assuming that as someone who cares so meticulously about a woman's appearance, you're holding up your own end of the bargain.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:13 PM

862 posts, read 1,109,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I'm assuming that as someone who cares so meticulously about a woman's appearance, you're holding up your own end of the bargain.
I try to all the time and it's not about being meticulous. I try to be clean and trimmed all the time and I still take a brush to my shoes and not wear them scuffed. It's what I like and appreciate when I see women do it.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:23 PM

862 posts, read 1,109,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
That's neat and all, but this proverbial pat on the head you're giving is extremely demeaning. Women aren't cocker spaniels and you don't need to pass out treats when they happen to dress in whatever way you particularly find attractive.
Sorry that you feel demeaned or offended by what I've said.

I never knew that giving praise to women who pay attention to looking good and colour coordinating to my liking would be offensive. Sorry that you feel about it and the way you see it.

Then again, I've learned that some people on CD just can't be complimented. They take praise finding negativity where something wasn't intended to be hurtful.

Perhaps you shouldn't respond next time if it offends you so much.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
Sorry that you feel demeaned or offended by what I've said.

I never knew that giving praise to women who pay attention to looking good and colour coordinating to my liking would be offensive. Sorry that you feel about it and the way you see it.

Then again, I've learned that some people on CD just can't be complimented. They take praise finding negativity where something wasn't intended to be hurtful.

Perhaps you shouldn't respond next time if it offends you so much.
Mmm, yes, any time I disagree with someone I should just shut up and go away. Or perhaps you should just examine your sexist attitude before posting in a female-dominated forum.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Hahaha I just looked up what I said. Fopa is fat over pubic area. Lol thanks for correcting me.
Ha, no problem. I've known a lot of people who had read it but never heard it say "fox paw". I blame the French.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:05 PM

1,463 posts, read 1,815,648 times
Quote:
That would be Fupa... with a U hehe...

Old 08-03-2013, 07:45 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,607,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
I try to all the time and it's not about being meticulous. I try to be clean and trimmed all the time and I still take a brush to my shoes and not wear them scuffed. It's what I like and appreciate when I see women do it.
How old are you, what do you do for a living, and do you have kids? If you have a preference for high maintenance, that's fine, but it's not practical for everyone. No matter how attractive a woman (or man) is, I don't expect her/him to be perfectly dressed and made up with 2 or 3 kids in tow. I don't expect a man (or woman) who has worked 10 hours of manual labor, to give 2 sh*ts about it either.

I have days that I've clearly coordinated my outfit. I look good and feel good. I don't give a rat's *ss about what some random guy or girl thinks. I have days that I've just thrown something on and I still don't care what anyone thinks.

While you genuinely may have been trying to complement women, it came off disparagingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty