U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 04:49 AM

23,925 posts, read 31,144,740 times

Advertisements

I hate foundation that looks "masky". I just need something to even out my skin tone and goes on smoothly. I discovered tinted moisturizers were the ticket. The one I have used for several years now is by NP Set, though they actually call it a foundation now. It's called Memory Foundation, and it's sold only at Target. Kind of pricey at $28, but the stuff goes on so smooth and light, it lasts a very long time. I need to buy about 5 in case they stop selling it - I love the stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 06:07 AM

11,399 posts, read 16,003,306 times
Another BB fan here. I used tinted moisturizer for years, but wanted a bit more coverage since I've developed some redness. My roommate got too tan this summer for her BB cream and gave it to me. Tarte's BB cream is a bit more than I'd like to spend myself, but works beautifully. It hides my large pores and skin unevenness, downplays my hyperpigmentation from acne scars, and has buildable coverage. I have to use coverup on some of my acne and scars, but I feel like my face can breathe!

One trick I have to use with BB creams (because, since they're really moisturizing, they make my oily face look oilier) is to use toner right before I put it on (no moisturizer - at least in the summer) and finish it off with a dusting of pressed powder on the t-zone. My skin feels softer and it doesn't aggravate acne - win, win.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:19 PM

5,288 posts, read 17,494,642 times
I am using Givency foundation and a brightening primer...I am in love!

Old 08-09-2013, 03:31 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,368,755 times
Living in Australia I can't get a lot of the really good foundations without spending a fortune.

I love cream-to-powder foundation the best, Elizabeth Arden has a really nice one so does Shiseido. This gives heavier coverage which I like at night.

During the day I've just started using a mineral powder from Lily Lolo (UK), I'm getting it online. It's kind of annoying to apply as you have to brush it on and kind of "layer" it but it's extremely sheer and is brilliant for the natural day time look - almost impossible to overload on your face. I'm getting older and while I'm not particularly wrinkly, the powder seems to "float" on your face thereby hiding imperfections without looking like a mask or settling into creases.

The LL eyeshadows are fantastic too...I mean, really really good and a half the price of others I've seen. I would recommend these to anybody.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:47 AM

5,288 posts, read 17,494,642 times
Living in the U.S I can buy a lot of cheap foundations......that doesnt make them good foundations.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:08 PM

24,472 posts, read 28,744,558 times
Laura Geller Beauty Balance N Brighten Regular/Medium Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts

I just switched from bare minerals to this Laura Geller. I like it and the brush that goes with it better than bare minerals. I still use bm concealer under my eyes.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:18 PM

6,948 posts, read 2,032,423 times
I just started using Lancome liquid foundation and like it. Clinique liquid foundation works well for me too.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:10 PM

5,145 posts, read 10,429,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
For the longest time I have been using the Bare mineral powder makeup over a mineral base. I don't even use that so much. I am thinking of going back to a liquid makeup or something else. But I have no idea where to start. I want something light with minimal coverage. I have older skin.

What are you all using and what do you like?

I think that these kits are a fun way to try different brands:
Face Makeup: Foundations, Concealers & More | Sephora

The search options on sephora's website is pretty nice as you can sort by coverage, finish and formula, etc.

Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation Porcelain Ivory Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts
^^^^
I don't have older skin but got that for my mother who is her 60s after she liked the blush mousse. She likes it. The only way it didn't work for her was if she didn't put a bit of face lotion on first. (aveeno face lotion)
AVEENO® ULTRA-CALMING® Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 15

Old 08-28-2013, 12:47 PM

40,988 posts, read 32,696,264 times
I am fifty one. I like BB cream, finished off with MAC powder in my T zone and a little dab around my eyes.

If I want a little more coverage I use MAC's liquid foundation - it's a perfect match with their powder. Both last a long time and work very well.

I also use MAC's cream blush - WOW, that's the best stuff EVER for older skin in my opinion! It goes on smoothly and "layers" really well, and is very easy to control. It is like a little extra glow. It looks very natural, and of course they will make sure that your blush matches well with your powder and/or foundation.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:15 PM

706 posts, read 912,576 times
I wear Nars and MAC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty