U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 08:00 PM

14,790 posts, read 13,496,693 times

Advertisements

I use Hourglass Liquid Veil

Great coverage, long wearing & light.... so much so people have asked how my skin looks so good (After my its the foundation, they were surprised I was wearing any). Oil & Parabin free

Hourglass Cosmetics - Veil Fluid Makeup - Free Standard Shipping on U.S. Orders $50.00+
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 09:07 AM

14,659 posts, read 29,742,406 times
I am a "mature" woman also. I live in Florida where it's hot almost all year, and I break a sweat easily, so I cannot ever use any kind of heavy or creamy foundation. I too, felt that most mineral makeups were too chalky or cakey until I discovered L'Oreal True Match Naturale. I use the powder, but I there is a liquid foundation, also. This stuff is great, very light, great matches for skin tone, and inexpensive. I use the powder over a very light moisturizer and I can build it in layers where I need more coverage. I highly recommend.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:11 PM

7 posts, read 7,466 times
I just switched to Pur Minerals and it is fantastic! Light and airy but great coverage!

Old 10-17-2013, 07:21 PM

38 posts, read 34,781 times
I haven't read through the whole thread, but I find myself a big fan of BB creams. Finding one that works for you might be a challenge, but I use it with minerals if I want more coverage. My sister swears by MAC foundations, and honestly her skin does often look flawless but I don't need that much coverage - yet. If you have a Sephora nearby, that is a great place to get samples of some of the best. I have also been told if you have sensitive skin (like me), that clinique has a "natural and bare" sort of line that is great.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:02 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,651,875 times
I have been wearing Double Wear by Estée Lauder for 8-9 years now.

However, I also have Make Up Forever Mat+Velvet and Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation.

Today I bought a tub of Cover Girl's Stay Fabulous or something like that. I don't usually like drugstore foundations but decided to give it a shot after reading a few reviews online.
I will be trying Estée Lauder's Double Wear Maximum Cover foundation in a few weeks. My skin isn't that great and 90% of the time I have no choice but to wear full coverage cosmetics.

I was given a makeup kit thing as a birthday gift last week (Super Stars sold at Sephora) and it came with a full size Smashbox BB Creme. I tried it and it is not too bad either.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:33 PM

5 posts, read 5,984 times
I have never tried BB cream so am interested in your reviews. I have "mature" skin and became concerned years ago about all the bad stuff going onto my skin, so I switched to mineral makeup.

The ones I have used are Bare Minerals and Yougblood mineral makeup, but I understand there are other good brands too. Just beware that they aren't all the same and some may still contain ingredients that are harmful.

I only buy online these days as I find too expensive in the shops.
http://AllYouNeedForBeauty.com

Old 11-14-2013, 03:08 AM

84 posts, read 86,594 times
hey dear.. You are right. I completely agree with you. I also use liquid foundation for my face. According to me liquid foundation works best for me. I use Lakme Perfect Liquid Foundation. It Blends easily into my skin to create a soft glowing and feather like finish. It comes with a water-resistant, oil-free formula with Vitamin E that provides superior coverage. Lakme Perfecting Liquid foundation best suits to normal, combination and dry skin. It gives light to medium coverage and is best to use it at day time or when you need light coverage or rather more natural look. You should also try it.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:19 PM

41,081 posts, read 32,757,593 times
I love BB cream, but I've tried several and without a doubt the best one I've found is Super BB Cream from Korea (the original BB cream). In fact, I've just thrown away the other ones I've tried out that I can buy at local stores (from high end makeup counters to drug store).

I am 51 and I've found that all I need is BB cream set with a little bit of powder. Great light coverage and it's so moisturizing and makes my skin dewy, which I really like.

Amazon.com: SKIN79 Super+ Beblesh Balm BB Cream VIP Gold (Gold Label) 40g (Autheticity label & perforations with Free Hot Pink Sample!!!): Beauty

Old 11-15-2013, 02:07 PM

26,885 posts, read 28,188,703 times
Well I just found a new CC cream option in a ton of shades!

Cover FX CC Cream Time Release Tinted Treatment

I am the darkest shade. I hope they add one more darker one, for my extra chocolatey sisters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty