U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 08:42 AM

341 posts, read 386,118 times

Advertisements

The weather is the judge for me. As long as it's still warm and nice, I'm good to go with shorts, sandals, etc, but by the end of September (early/late, depending on the weather), my short and sandal wearing days are done, as I enjoy getting back into pants/warmer/dressier attire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 09:17 AM

452 posts, read 542,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
When do you put away (or lets say stop wearing) your summer outfits for the year and wear just transitional or fall clothing? Or do you let the weather determine that?
Never. Lol, I live in FL.

Oh, how Floridian women envy those amazing fall outfits! Earthy tones, boots scarves and berets, light kidskin gloves...

Nah, here, it's (for me) long skirts and a tank top.

I work with dogs, and it's too hot to wear pants and because of my age and size, the only shorts that fit me are NOT age appropriate (45, size 5 jr with a 34" inseam so basically, I look like a hooker in shorts so I don't wear em).

The long skirts keep the mosquitoes from eating me alive and the dogs from scratching my legs up, and there's a lot of air flow.

But, no, we don't change into those gorgeous fall outfits and are truly jealous, lol

Old 08-05-2013, 10:01 AM

7,920 posts, read 7,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeannaC View Post

Oh, how Floridian women envy those amazing fall outfits! Earthy tones, boots scarves and berets, light kidskin gloves...

I work with dogs, and it's too hot to wear pants and because of my age and size, the only shorts that fit me are NOT age appropriate (45, size 5 jr with a 34" inseam so basically, I look like a hooker in shorts so I don't wear em).

The long skirts keep the mosquitoes from eating me alive and the dogs from scratching my legs up, and there's a lot of air flow.

But, no, we don't change into those gorgeous fall outfits and are truly jealous, lol

Oh how I miss some of my fall/winter outfits, not so much the winter weather, but some of the different types of clothing, I so long to swap out for ever so often.

Mostly these days, I just switch up some of my patterns and colors starting in the fall and will occasionally wear pants on days the temps get below 70's when the temps really dip, I'll add my sweaters.

When I lived up north NY/NJ, I did the traditional change over in Sept. it was how I was taught, wasn't a big deal, was more out of habit.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:20 AM

1,792 posts, read 4,576,444 times
[quote=DeannaC;30821374]Never. Lol, I live in FL.

(text deleted)...

Love your response. Earthy tones, boots, berets, kidskin gloves? Reminds me of years ago when living in Minnesota! Had some beautiful fall outfits. Now I'm living in very rural, high desert Southwest and wear nice clothes only when going to church or the "big city". Being retired, living on a ranch, it's casual most of the time.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:33 AM

4,615 posts, read 6,118,415 times
I gradually phase them out through September, and stop wearing them sometime in October, depending on how warm/cold it is in October.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:44 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,599,548 times
I live in the tropics

Old 08-05-2013, 11:58 AM

3,446 posts, read 7,655,636 times
My first year in Florida and I am looking forward to not having to put on all those dull colored bulky sweaters and pants, socks, coats - love to be unconstricted and free.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:06 PM

26,875 posts, read 28,154,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The weather in the Bay Area doesn't call for season clothing really, maybe stop wearing shorts and start wearing a coverup over your tops. I only have one closet that holds all my clothes and I basically wear most of it year round.
Yup. Basically the only items that get retired are wool coats, tights and sweater dresses. And boots.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:15 PM

2,572 posts, read 6,262,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeannaC View Post

True in Texas too.

Okay so we do get "psuedo-winter" and that means, IF I am going to be outside most of the day, I can break out boots and scarves and hats and gloves.

If I am going to be inside, even if it is 40F out, forget it. Slightest temp drop here and every place turns the heat inside up to 80, so you only "need" the warm stuff to get from the car to the building.

So, wardrobe change for me basically means 1) the addition of boots and 2) the addition of a cardigan maybe, or a lightweight sweater

So sad.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:23 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,730,809 times
When the weather gets too cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or